michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 02, 2013 4:44 am   Last edited by michaelxushi on Apr 29, 2013 9:04 am. Edited 25 times in total

Pre-fanfic World building(Michaelxushi)

Well it's just like terries topic... I'm more or less gonna "build" my world in this topic...
DO NOTE: I be rambling quite a lot... so be prepared...

Okay....
Well I made this topic, because I will just like terrie, go ahead and "build" my world before I begin posting any fanfic stories (do read terries topic as it got a lot of informationTerrie-heims world building topic)
Oh yea also maybe take a look at my Introduction and overview of my works

I guess all of my future fanfic stories will be based on the information in this topic, though there may be some exceptions....

Different topics:

- The Narak Invasion (the second post)
- The Nuke attacks
- The Arkana
- - Defender
- - Medic
- - Punisher
- - Sentinel
- - Shadow Walker
- - Whipper
- The Neo Humans
- Technology
- The Ai Mother + Lota/Sati
- Factions(RG & Free Knights... And maybe more??)
- The Royal Guards
- The Free Knights
- The Shadow Army
- Society
- Geography
- The Narak

DO NOTE:
This is first of all a 'world' that I'm building primarily based on the SB world.
But this 'world' is not our world in an alternative timeline, no, it's another world, a fictionally created world where humans also exists(existed).
This is also what I believe the official SB world is. Why? Because of the different claims in mereholt, the geography, stardust and more.

More stuff will probably be added.....

Changelog:
Factions(RG & Free Knights) added on Apr 02, 2013.
The Narak Invasion added on Apr 08, 2013. Current state: Complete...
Advertisement

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 02, 2013 4:58 am   Last edited by michaelxushi on Apr 25, 2013 1:37 pm. Edited 5 times in total

Factions(RG & Free Knights... And maybe more??)

Will definitely add some more in the future.... (at some point of time)

Ahem....
First of all, I will in this post lightly touch these subjects:
- The Royal Guards
- The Free Knights
And as they will have individual posts.
I will on the other hand touch some more on this one:
- How, and why these two colonies developed the way they did

As everyone knows, in the game there's, currently as of this writing two different Arkana factions. Which is the Royal Guards and the Free Knights...

At the moment(May the 2nd 2013) there are no storyline for the Free Knights, and the Dev team has more or less just copied the Royal Guard storyline and pasted it into the Free Knight storyline.....
Which is just a very bad move from the Dev team... And it completely messes up the whole story line in Scarlet blade....

Anyways I will not completely base everything on the in-game content...
As the in-game content contains a lot of unrealistic elements in order to more or less please the players.....

Moving on~~~
The official(?) explanation of the two factions(http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/overview/story/entry7) can be found around in the middle of the page. Starting from:

"But as we carved out a new place for ourselves in the blasted landscape, our unity began to crumble."
Till:
"They claimed that the Arkana’s very natures were too violent to be released, and that they needed the calming influence of a Commander to keep themselves, and humanity, safe from harm."

The important points:
The Royal Guard: The Royal Guard Ark is located to the east, said to be increasingly more spartan and militant.
They are also very dedicated to humanity's return. And seems to value honor, unity and duty very highly. They also harshly punishes anyone who betrays their cause...
The Royal Guard are moreover also called "heartless militants"(probably by the Free Knights).

The Free Knights: The Free Knight Ark is located to the west.
And values competition, Independence and experimentation. The leaders claims that humanity can only survive though adaptation and change to build a new and better earth....
The Free Knights are called "dangerous radicals"(probably by the RG).

The schism between the Free Knights and the RG:
What divided the Free Knights and RG, is that the Free Knights want the Arkanas released after the war, saying that the commander program is like the old earth slavery. Proponents argue that the Arkana should have their freedom once the Narak are defeated.
On the other hand the RG strongly opposes the Arkanas idea. Pointing to dr. Maynards notes about the Arkanas creation. They claim that the Arkanas nature are too violent to be released, and says that the calming influence from a commander is needed to keep the Arkanas and humanity safe from harm...

What I be doing:
In my first story I plan on making the Royal Guards a bit "evil"(I guess). Heartless as they are described by the Free Knights...
Though the kind of things that they do, wil by them be described as "neccasary evil". And the saying: The goal justifies the means. Fits quite well....

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedApr 02, 2013 5:41 am
Certainly puts quite a reasonable tone upon RG. You have your own characters and plots ready yet? This is still Beta game ya know.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 02, 2013 5:50 am
I know....
Still I think, and believe i got an outline of my first SB story...
And I'm also more or less a newbie writer...... So well...

Anyways let's see how things turn out.
And it's not like I make them THAT much "evil", as they are described as "heartless", spartan, militants and so on..... I'm simply like, I guess "adding my own spices to the dish"...

With that said I will also have some "evil/bad guy" characters, but they more or less exist every where...

gryffon011

Rank 0
gryffon011
PostedApr 03, 2013 12:48 pm
Remember, evil is in the eye of the beholder. The RG will see the Free Knights as evil, and vice versa. Key thing to keep is mind is both factions have the same goal (return of humanity to control of the earth) but a difference of opinion on the final disposition of the Arkana. Their attitudes in war are more guerrillas (Free Knights) vs. rigid militaristic structure (RG), but both sides are soldiers. Both sides will have good and bad people... and probably more bad people in leadership positions than anywhere else. Both sides will have committed atrocities in the name of "The Greater Good" while defacing the other side, even if they commit the same act. You'll see this sort of behavior in just about every civil war.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 03, 2013 1:46 pm
I know, gryffon ~~~ ( ̄~ ̄)

Personally I'm not the person who believes in good & evil, but simply makes use of it here, because it's easier to understand~~ I guess. Or well my intentions get through at the very least.....

So don't worry...
What I meant was merely that I will, for many people, make it so that the RG seems "evil" or well cruel/heartless...(ofc only some of them..)

Me: Lazy, perverted, talkative, got lots of interests, otaku.... That more or less sums me up XD.

gryffon011

Rank 0
gryffon011
PostedApr 03, 2013 1:59 pm
yeah, just wanted to put things in perspective... that way you leave open the possibility of writing from the opposite perspective without confusing readers. Or, for example, have a couple of characters from opposite factions get stuck in a tough situation together... a little easier to have them work together around a difference of opinion versus one of them is actually evil. Interestingly, I probably wouldn't even make these comments on a story page, but since this is world building I'm more talkative... weird how that works.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 03, 2013 2:27 pm
hahah lolz~~
It's completely fine~~ gotta see whether I can include such an event :3

Me: Lazy, perverted, talkative, got lots of interests, otaku.... That more or less sums me up XD.

ckdragonck

Rank 0
ckdragonck
PostedApr 04, 2013 12:15 am
michaelxushi wrote:
Me:Lazy, perverted, talkative, got lots of interests, otaku....That more or less sums me up XD.  

Doesn't Otaku mean all those things already?

gryffon011

Rank 0
gryffon011
PostedApr 04, 2013 12:23 am
Think Otaku also implies obsessed or crazy... or both... So yeah, really could have just left it at otaku Razz