annaleets80

Rank 0
annaleets80
PostedApr 02, 2013 2:56 am

Picking your realm

Hello

Well i reached level 20 and i went to pick a realm to join so i went to the lady and was given two option Eos or Dione went to click Eos and got a message saying Transfers restricted so had to pick Dione which i did.

So after doing some questing i was in Ledise and i was passing the realm lady and i just thought i wondered if i could pick Eos. So i clicked the option for Eos and said to pay 50k which i did and what no restriction message so finally Eos.

Why have they put a restriction on the quest choice but you can pay 50k to transfer ?

Anna x
Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 02, 2013 3:34 am
The Game has a realm balancing system. If one Realm (in this case Eos) has too many people compared to the other Realm, it wont let you join to prevent imbalance.

annaleets80

Rank 0
annaleets80
PostedApr 02, 2013 3:51 am
You didn't understand the post when you have joined Dione you can pay 50k to transfer to Eos there is no realm restriction message and you become Eos.

So why have restriction on your realm choice when doing the quest but you can transfer once you have joined one without restriction the system contradicts itself.

so any new players who have had to pick Dione and you don't like it there you can go back and change to Eos it's only 50k.

Anna x

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedApr 02, 2013 4:07 am
You were able to switch to Eos at a later point because some other people must have gotten the same Restriction message as you did and joined Dione, which then caused Dione to have equal numbers and allowed people to join Eos again.

I understand your concern. The game is not forcing people to join the realm they dont want to be in and then have them pay 50k. It is a balancing system, it works like a scale.

If the Eos side is too heavy, you have to put weight on the Dione side to balance the scale. This is how the Realm Balance system works.

annaleets80

Rank 0
annaleets80
PostedApr 02, 2013 4:17 am
But i heard people saying there is way more Eos than Dione and when i did it wasn't days after it was it was like within an hour of joining Dione.

Maybe someone needs to try it join Dione then straight after joining try and do the transfer, If someone sees this and is coming up to picking their realm if you would like to try it please do and report back.

I really can't see so many people joining Dione within an hour you hardly see anyone in Ledise and Labonia.

Anna x

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedApr 02, 2013 4:21 am
People say there is more Eos depending on PvP attendance and that cannot be compared with Realm balance.

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedApr 02, 2013 6:10 am
Flip, sry, i think you misunderstood the poster's concern. He applied for E got rejected and was forced to joined D. Later, probably on the same day, he went back to see what's his option is and found he can now switch realms by paying 50K.

He's confused and is 50K less, which at his level is a lot of gold, why the system allowed him to switch after being rejected earlier and then have to spill more gold.

I don't think the imbalanced got evened out that quick to let him re-apply, I think that is a flaw in the code, dev's overlooked it.

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedApr 02, 2013 10:31 am
As per my post, I don't think you SHOULD be able to switch realms whenever you want to on a whim, like I said, one quest item as a ticket to switch to whatever realm you want to under certain circumstances is understandable but every time a large group switches it causes imbalance because other people will follow, they want to be on the winning team. A lot of people have become inactive like myself because of issues with the game and lack of new content. Once you make your choice that should be it, should be allowed to change realms under certain circumstances like friends being in other realm, absolutely but just one time via quest item.

This constant flip flopping does cause inbalance, I understand WHY it is happening but it just is not helping the PvP situation out anymore or giving people incentives to participate and play. Fix all the issues in game first and give us some new content and a PvP system that actually works and maybe you will see players start to come back.

-Norn-

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedApr 02, 2013 10:35 am
I still hold inactive players are more of a cause for imbalance than "flipflopping."

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedApr 02, 2013 10:38 am
People become inactive because of the number issue and lack of content and the technical issues in this game. If you have a realm that completely outnumbers another realm, please tell me the incentive for us to do PvP? With all the issues surrounding RvR and Castle Siege please, again tell me the incentives to participate? It can be both things that contribute to realm inbalance and I'm not saying either of us is wrong.

-Norn-