Author Message

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
Joined
13 Jan 2009
Posts
166
Location
Anytown, United States
PostedApr 03, 2013 5:46 am
filipvarga wrote:
juriezzamora wrote:

2nd - We can't attack the Eos who attack the guards.
 

Please explain that part a bit further, detailed please.
I thought that the point of RvR is to attack each other. Correct me If I'm wrong.  


The event happened off-rvr time so no D can atk any E at that moment. No one had their PK turned on either. Only the guards can retaliate. Only D can do is interrupt E's action, the problem is there was only me and another SM who tried to heal the guard.

Other thing I noticed is the atk hit rate of the guard. It doesn't seem to be as fast as 0.5 sec. It more looked like 1.0 sec

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown
Advertisement

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
Joined
13 Jan 2009
Posts
166
Location
Anytown, United States
PostedApr 03, 2013 5:55 am
Arsalem wrote:
The system recognizes the coding for each realm, and that's how the guards differentiate between the sides. Otherwise, if you were to go into the PvP/ pk state, during the off time between RvRs on the bridges, you'd be targeted as well. I'm not entirely certain as to whether or not a patch was applied to the guards to make them non hostile during the off time (as I have stayed well away from the evene bridge since I last tried to use ruemon as a shortcut and was promptly killed by the eos guards) but it is possible, that if such were the case, the coding isn't recognizing the switch between active rvr and inactive times.

But then again I have not been on since Monday, so maybe you've all resolved it?

I would like to give fatal and his sms some props for farming guards though (not sure if it was fatal group or not) but still, I am bemused by the notion still.  


Being an occasional hang-outer on the reumon bridge (sometimes afk sometimes afk but watching the screen while doing some comp tasks), I've seen careless or adventurous/thril-seeking E's got killed by the guards trying to take a short to Halland.

People will always look for exploits and they got one. The E mob got pissed when i interrupted them coz they can't kill a guard on an earlier outing. They moved to the next one and that guard was downed.

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown

B6Seller

Rank 0
Joined
21 Oct 2011
Posts
2
Location
United States
PostedApr 04, 2013 7:36 am
Arsalem wrote:


I would like to give fatal and his sms some props for farming guards though (not sure if it was fatal group or not) but still, I am bemused by the notion still.  


Look at the SS at the beginning of the post....It was DivineOrder by the looks of it.

juriezzamora

Rank 0
juriezzamora
Joined
14 Dec 2012
Posts
64
Location
Philippines
PostedApr 04, 2013 8:43 am
filipvarga wrote:
juriezzamora wrote:

2nd - We can't attack the Eos who attack the guards.
 

Please explain that part a bit further, detailed please.
I thought that the point of RvR is to attack each other. Correct me If I'm wrong.  


So you were really thinking that it happened during the RvR time???? Of course not!! *Double face-palm*

It is impossible to do that during RvR time plus they'd rather kill afk-ers than kill those guards if it was RvR time.

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
Joined
14 Oct 2010
Posts
397
Location
Fort Collins United States
PostedApr 04, 2013 8:49 am
B6Seller wrote:
Arsalem wrote:


I would like to give fatal and his sms some props for farming guards though (not sure if it was fatal group or not) but still, I am bemused by the notion still.  


Look at the SS at the beginning of the post....It was DivineOrder by the looks of it.  


Ah, I honestly ignores the ss :/

Impressive work guys. Smile as annoying as it is for us, I am still impressed by your determination... And cunning.

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
Joined
13 Jan 2009
Posts
166
Location
Anytown, United States
PostedApr 04, 2013 12:44 pm
Arsalem wrote:
B6Seller wrote:
Arsalem wrote:


I would like to give fatal and his sms some props for farming guards though (not sure if it was fatal group or not) but still, I am bemused by the notion still.  


Look at the SS at the beginning of the post....It was DivineOrder by the looks of it.  


Ah, I honestly ignores the ss :/

Impressive work guys. Smile as annoying as it is for us, I am still impressed by your determination... And cunning.  


It's all about who will beat every1 in doing it first. They did first that's about it...so kudos/gratz. A similarly equipped dione mob can return the favor with several attempts like what they did and learned the weakness of the system. I saw them fall like flies in their first attempts at the front line guards,, then hasted themselves. sacrificed a few dead members, sneaked past guards, and found the sweet spot in the middle. Beyond that it's all academic.

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown

gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
Joined
26 Apr 2011
Posts
1443
Location
Lost City of Altantis United States
PostedApr 04, 2013 1:03 pm
The Ruemon Guards in the middle of the bridge is what I summon. Once the timer is gone, they disappear and I have to go back to summon them.

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
Joined
14 Oct 2010
Posts
397
Location
Fort Collins United States
PostedApr 04, 2013 1:28 pm
gmebilfish wrote:
The Ruemon Guards in the middle of the bridge is what I summon. Once the timer is gone, they disappear and I have to go back to summon them.  


Fishy= dko's Prometheus.... "From earth's clay and the gods fire, she sculpts man" ... Which makes me wonder when we will have the appearance of an a.i. Pandora.... Hmmm. Lol sorry, bored at work.

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
Joined
13 Jan 2009
Posts
166
Location
Anytown, United States
PostedApr 09, 2013 12:36 am
gmebilfish wrote:
The Ruemon Guards in the middle of the bridge is what I summon. Once the timer is gone, they disappear and I have to go back to summon them.  


Once the guards are killed, an opposing faction can camp inside the spawn areas of the other side and wait for rvr to start.

To prevent spawn camping as originally planned, I think the guards should respawn after a few minutes like other monsters. This is not the case right now.

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
Joined
06 Dec 2008
Posts
2716
Location
Porec Croatia
PostedApr 09, 2013 11:27 am
Even more important to prevent spawn camping would be removing the ability for Dione to tele directly into Eos' safe zone.

Burned - [Website][Forum Topic]
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: