sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedApr 02, 2013 1:02 am

REUMON GAURDS - RESPAWN RATE? OR NO RESPAWN?`

When Reumon bridge guards are killed do they respawn or not and at what rate?

Reason why I'm asking is EOS mob killed the ones in the middle and havent respawn yet. Been more than 30 minutes so I assume they do not re-spawn or perhaps they do when rvr starts.

IMO, this a booboo on the devs part if this is the case. They assumed that guards can't be killed by current level 42 mob. If guards don;t re-spawn, afk people on the bridge will be massacred over and over and wake up with a headache. lllooooooolll

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown
Advertisement

pat_m69

Rank 0
pat_m69
PostedApr 02, 2013 1:33 am
Well first of all, afk'ing on the bridge is giving people free battlepoints, why go to RvR when you can get the points for free? I think a good hearty slaughter ought to teach them a lesson. Second, would take a pretty powerful group to kill those guards.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 02, 2013 3:37 am
I am surprised that people managed to kill a Ruemon Guard. Either because those people are incredibly strong, which I doubt, or either the opposite faction did not fight back.
I do not see any other explanation how a Ruemon Guard could be killed, as they hit very hard.

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedApr 02, 2013 5:57 am
I'd appreciate if a GM can answer my original question.

On the other hand, people tend to equate afk'ing on the bridge as illegal or stupid. They are neither. It's part of the game until AG declares it not allowed or do something to prevent it. You can't criticize people for trying to get some more bp when it's allowed.....you r barking at the wrong tree.

Dev's assumptions that guards can't be killed is a shame. They miscalculated the math when every1 is lv 42 equipped with good gear, heavily armored, and have the time and guts to do it.

The point here, you can easily outnumber the guards especially in the rear and infiltrate the middle part with a strong mob of healers and a few warriors. You could sacrifice a few killed in the process of going in and still manage to focus and reach a spot where you can isolate 1 guard on the one side of the bridge.

There is no way for the defenders to retaliate, the only thing we can do is heal the guard but with afk people last night I and another sm failed against 6 or so healers throwing mephs and healing the warr who is fighting 1 guard. One option to address this is for dev's to auto-turn PK on for every1 on the bridge spawn areas so any1 not afk can retaliate.

It's going to be payback time for Dione (if people have the time and guts).

The imbalanced of -D versus +E is very noticeable lately because in most of the RVR times I attended, D's are always backed up in our spawn areas with only a dozen or so fighting.

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
PostedApr 02, 2013 6:01 am
Information about Guards:
Name: Eos Guard / Dione Guard
Level: 60
Damage: 852 - 1040
Attack/Casting speed: 0.5 sec (fast)
Attack range: 15 m
Move range: 0 m (staying on the same place)
HP: 234662
MP: 93864
Block: 25

It does not exist 42 level character with at least 8520 DEF to get 0 damage from Guard.

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 02, 2013 6:23 am
mykolag wrote:

It does not exist 42 level character with at least 8520 DEF to get 0 damage from Guard.  

Those are nice stats, but when faced with any heavy con player with 3 or more sm on them, it becomes just another boss to grind.

Unfortunately.

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedApr 02, 2013 6:27 am
Well, EOS will only say, "You better believe it."

If you can also factor the math this time on the attackers.

SM's with Meph = 7 x 500+ = 3500 damage/15 sec
SM's poison arrow = (7 x 300) + (7 x 60/sec x 10 sec) = 2100 damage + 4200 damage/10sec
Didnt see use of Poison Cloud = (7 x 300) +(7 x 80/sec x 10 sec) = 2100 +5600 damage/10sec

Warr with Legendary Emtlant BS = at least +8 enchant + 400 (?) DPS + stun + 4K HP + armor + runes + bp acc +...

SM's heal = 7 x 400 = 2800/3 sec
SM's crit = 7 X 500 = 3500/sec
SM's group heal = 7 x 1200/15 sec

Meanwhile, my heals = 1 x 400 = 400/3 sec
my crit heal = 4 x 500 = 2000, depleted mana after

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 02, 2013 6:40 am
Arsalem wrote:
mykolag wrote:

Those are nice stats, but when faced with any heavy con player with 3 or more sm on them, it becomes just another boss to grind.

Unfortunately.  

That is true, but where is Dione acting as "mobs around the Boss"?
It can be done, but not easily, especially if the opposite faction is there to interrupt the Guard killing.

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 02, 2013 7:07 am

an unfortunate and annoying turn of events

it seems we've lost our fight/ spine
Sadly...

Very few members of our glorious dione still Stive to fight daily. And most of those are the old crew still. I know on LDs part, we have even new players level 30 and lower throwing themselves against eos with the rest of us. So maybe if we had a few more who wanted the tower back, and a few less who camped...

But I agree, we need to watch each others backs.

Also, stealing bp by afking IS a huge pain. Why you ask? Because it messes with the ranks.
Spellsingers, shadoie, cardinals and the unannounced warrior rank(?) Are something you earn through gp (which you obtain through the PvP events such as cs and rvr) and dictates your rank. But also, it will tell you if you are considered a peasant (in guild menues) or if you're one of these ranking members. This is part of the political system that is slowly being implemented, and a part of a ranking in "skill" etc.... But there is no skill in going afk on abridge. *sigh*

Am I right about that at least flip?

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

blackdragon214

Rank 1
blackdragon214
PostedApr 02, 2013 7:11 am
since when could guards be attacked ? i've never been able to attack one lol

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You will find me there, staring out at you!