Author Message

BladezOhFury

Rank 0
Joined
29 Mar 2013
Posts
40
Location
Canada
PostedApr 02, 2013 12:21 pm
masterdrakan wrote:
PandaRaja wrote:
Sorry that you're unlucky, but thats how the gachapon system works.  


ok say anything you want but thes item lists of this cubes are
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (SE) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (DE) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (ME) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (PU) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (SW) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (WH) x1
Cyberskin Backpack (30 day) (NT) x1
1 Hour Pet EXP Booster (+5) x1
Pet Scrap x2
Mother's Miracle (NT) x1
Rare Grafting Tool (NT) x1
CP Hypovial (+300) x1
1 Hour EXP Booster (+50%) x1
SP Crisis Hypovial L20 x3
HP Crisis Hypovial L20 x3

6/15 chance of getting the cosplay now see my list and tell me IS THAT FAIR??is that a good deal???
and then i ask you are fine with aeria scaming other gamers??just thing about it  


Here's a story about a coin. It has 2 sides, 50% chance to land on either. I flipped it twice, landed on heads both times. So I threw the coin away because it was broken and landed on heads 100% of the time not 50% of the time like I was told it should. Who want's a coin like that anyways?

Moral of the story is don't take percentages for face value.


Aeria isn't scamming anyone, you fell for a well layed out marketing strategy which aeria and tons of other companies(lotto? 50/50 draws? Roulette? Slots? Scratch and wins? etc etc etc) practice daily because people fall for it time and time again. You just couldn't see through it. Now you have the knowledge to say no to these boxes and not shout out "scam" next time you decide to spend money on a gamble of percentages designed against you. I rarely back aeria up for anything but for this they aren't at fault, you're wrong.
Advertisement

esley2007

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
esley2007
Joined
20 Mar 2008
Posts
23
Location
Hasselt Belgium
PostedApr 02, 2013 12:43 pm

you had no idea

BladezOhFury wrote:
masterdrakan wrote:
PandaRaja wrote:
Sorry that you're unlucky, but thats how the gachapon system works.  


ok say anything you want but thes item lists of this cubes are
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (SE) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (DE) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (ME) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (PU) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (SW) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (WH) x1
Cyberskin Backpack (30 day) (NT) x1
1 Hour Pet EXP Booster (+5) x1
Pet Scrap x2
Mother's Miracle (NT) x1
Rare Grafting Tool (NT) x1
CP Hypovial (+300) x1
1 Hour EXP Booster (+50%) x1
SP Crisis Hypovial L20 x3
HP Crisis Hypovial L20 x3

6/15 chance of getting the cosplay now see my list and tell me IS THAT FAIR??is that a good deal???
and then i ask you are fine with aeria scaming other gamers??just thing about it  


Here's a story about a coin. It has 2 sides, 50% chance to land on either. I flipped it twice, landed on heads both times. So I threw the coin away because it was broken and landed on heads 100% of the time not 50% of the time like I was told it should. Who want's a coin like that anyways?

Moral of the story is don't take percentages for face value.


Aeria isn't scamming anyone, you fell for a well layed out marketing strategy which aeria and tons of other companies(lotto? 50/50 draws? Roulette? Slots? Scratch and wins? etc etc etc) practice daily because people fall for it time and time again. You just couldn't see through it. Now you have the knowledge to say no to these boxes and not shout out "scam" next time you decide to spend money on a gamble of percentages designed against you. I rarely back aeria up for anything but for this they aren't at fault, you're wrong.  


seriously you have no idea what hard worked money they spend on it because they liked to get an item, scam is making people believe they can get the items and then let them end up with anything except the items for your info THIS IS SCAM look it up in dictionary!!
oh wait you might be too lazy so here it is: "scam= a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle. " also known as
"To trick or cheat someone out of their possession(s). A ripoff." its obvious and for your info the boxes bought from site are not the same as boxes from the in-game shop, if you look close enough they got different names, i found this info in my purchase history:

name of in-game item: "=50 Shades of Black Lucky Box="
name of the web store item: "50 Shades of Black Replicube"

</embed>

Ayon300

Rank 0
Joined
19 Mar 2013
Posts
8
Location
Germany
PostedApr 02, 2013 2:26 pm
sathur_147 wrote:
Im pretty sure that only the ones who didnt got it are complaining here. ^-^  



BladezOhFury wrote:


Here's a story about a coin. It has 2 sides, 50% chance to land on either. I flipped it twice, landed on heads both times. So I threw the coin away because it was broken and landed on heads 100% of the time not 50% of the time like I was told it should. Who want's a coin like that anyways?

Moral of the story is don't take percentages for face value.


Aeria isn't scamming anyone, you fell for a well layed out marketing strategy which aeria and tons of other companies(lotto? 50/50 draws? Roulette? Slots? Scratch and wins? etc etc etc) practice daily because people fall for it time and time again. You just couldn't see through it. Now you have the knowledge to say no to these boxes and not shout out "scam" next time you decide to spend money on a gamble of percentages designed against you. I rarely back aeria up for anything but for this they aren't at fault, you're wrong.  


First of all. The item suggests that it is 6/15 which mathematically would suggest that at LEAST the initial poster would've had so unbearable much bad luck that it is out of ANY scale. Also the actual scam here is that this suggestion is not true at all. You don't get it in 6 out of 15 cases and that is what they should've written. One prime example for me here is the game "All Points Bulletin" or rather, it's cash shop. It says that there are many items in the box but that there are several tiers that the box contains and that it get's more unlikely to get those items in higher tiers.

And about your coin, it still has it's own value, you should sell it, it's broken.

BladezOhFury

Rank 0
Joined
29 Mar 2013
Posts
40
Location
Canada
PostedApr 02, 2013 6:34 pm
esley2007 wrote:
seriously you have no idea what hard worked money they spend on it because they liked to get an item, scam is making people believe they can get the items and then let them end up with anything except the items for your info THIS IS SCAM look it up in dictionary!!
oh wait you might be too lazy so here it is: "scam= a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle. " also known as
"To trick or cheat someone out of their possession(s). A ripoff." its obvious and for your info the boxes bought from site are not the same as boxes from the in-game shop, if you look close enough they got different names, i found this info in my purchase history:

name of in-game item: "=50 Shades of Black Lucky Box="
name of the web store item: "50 Shades of Black Replicube"  


I have no idea what money they spend? I'm too lazy to look up the word scam and you assume I don't even know the definition? Dayyum son you know me too well. Next time you decide to tell me what I know and how lazy I am use some proper grammar please. While you're at it use your **** brain and don't spend money on something that isn't guaranteed, unless you are mentally prepared to not get it. Common sense right? You see that list of crap items in the box you bought? Yeah you did, and you paid for it anyways like a good fish.

 
scam is making people believe they can get the items and then let them end up with anything except the items  
the problem with the way you are putting it is, you can actually get these item's they aren't falsifying anything. You could buy 1 box and get the grand prize, or you could buy 50 and get **** all. The fact it is possible to get the grand prize makes it not a scam by your definition. What wonderful word is involved with all these boxes?
 
luck  
. Scams don't have luck, they have systems to make sure the victim always loses and they always win.


I know it hurts that you spent money on a item you were never guaranteed to get in the first place (I've done this myself on another aeria game and didn't get anything I wanted, BUT I was smart enough to know the odds are stacked against me and brushed off a stupid mistake to buy boxes, even though my friend bought 1/10th of what I did and got the grand prize more than once[there's that "luck" again])but decided to buy it anyways despite how hard you worked for those precious dollars. So by all means call it a scam if it helps you feel better, just please don't come raging on forums next time a "lucky box" doesn't give you what you want after throwing your hard earned money on a game of chance, seen this type of thread too many times playing aeria games.

We all know what happened to Peter in family guy when he took the mystery box, don't be a Peter Smile



I'll end this with a fitting quote for you to ponder on if you still think this is a scam.

In the words of a great man :

"A scam is only a scam until you know how the scam works"
-Krs-one

ok ok lets end this with a funnier note instead.
Ayon300 wrote:
And about your coin, it still has it's own value, you should sell it, it's broken.  


Facepalm.. Why must I do stupid things when I'm angry? Sad Shouldn't have thrown it away..

niceguy87

Rank 0
Joined
16 Feb 2013
Posts
3
Location
United States
PostedApr 02, 2013 7:02 pm
masterdrakan wrote:


ok say anything you want but thes item lists of this cubes are
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (SE) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (DE) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (ME) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (PU) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (SW) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (WH) x1
Cyberskin Backpack (30 day) (NT) x1
1 Hour Pet EXP Booster (+5) x1
Pet Scrap x2
Mother's Miracle (NT) x1
Rare Grafting Tool (NT) x1
CP Hypovial (+300) x1
1 Hour EXP Booster (+50%) x1
SP Crisis Hypovial L20 x3
HP Crisis Hypovial L20 x3

6/15 chance of getting the cosplay now see my list and tell me IS THAT FAIR??
is that a good deal???
and then i ask you are fine with aeria scaming other gamers??
just thing about it  


Where did it say each item has an equal chance of coming out of the cube, I missed it? I would assume the shades of black is about 1% and everything else totals up to 99% of the chance.

minasachan

Rank 0
Joined
29 Nov 2009
Posts
10
Location
United States
PostedApr 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Still a scam

mutiple games do it
BladezOhFury wrote:
masterdrakan wrote:
PandaRaja wrote:
Sorry that you're unlucky, but thats how the gachapon system works.  


ok say anything you want but thes item lists of this cubes are
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (SE) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (DE) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (ME) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (PU) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (SW) x1
[Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (WH) x1
Cyberskin Backpack (30 day) (NT) x1
1 Hour Pet EXP Booster (+5) x1
Pet Scrap x2
Mother's Miracle (NT) x1
Rare Grafting Tool (NT) x1
CP Hypovial (+300) x1
1 Hour EXP Booster (+50%) x1
SP Crisis Hypovial L20 x3
HP Crisis Hypovial L20 x3

6/15 chance of getting the cosplay now see my list and tell me IS THAT FAIR??is that a good deal???
and then i ask you are fine with aeria scaming other gamers??just thing about it  


Here's a story about a coin. It has 2 sides, 50% chance to land on either. I flipped it twice, landed on heads both times. So I threw the coin away because it was broken and landed on heads 100% of the time not 50% of the time like I was told it should. Who want's a coin like that anyways?

Moral of the story is don't take percentages for face value.


Aeria isn't scamming anyone, you fell for a well layed out marketing strategy which aeria and tons of other companies(lotto? 50/50 draws? Roulette? Slots? Scratch and wins? etc etc etc) practice daily because people fall for it time and time again. You just couldn't see through it. Now you have the knowledge to say no to these boxes and not shout out "scam" next time you decide to spend money on a gamble of percentages designed against you. I rarely back aeria up for anything but for this they aren't at fault, you're wrong.  


Well yea you're right that it shouldn't be taken for face value since you can get heads 10 times get tails once then heads 10 times again only for it to even out "eventually."

What I hate is the fact that I just left Vindictus because of this exact bs only to come right back into it... In that game not only are there scams, but you can only craft weapons/armor(can't buy from shop) so of course certain materials are gonna be rare. However, that game took it too the next level by making the drop rate sooooo low for most and quite high for a select few people. Meaning, SB terms, 10 people in the whole server would get would get a full set of blue equips, while everyone else would wait 6 months before seeing one piece. To make matters worse, it applied to everything which includes, enhancing, enchanting, and of course "scam boxes." And then the company would ignore its player base and do whatever it wanted causing nothing but rage threads on forums.

Why did I tell you all this? Because no game should be like that. I kept dumping money into this game because I kept saying to myself "this isn't Vindictus" and now I feel like it's heading that way. Yes it's a gamble, but that doesn't mean we should spend obscene amounts of money and get hp potions. I myself bought forty boxes and got trash. I mean after getting at least $1000 from founder packs you would think they would at least listen to our suggestions. Simply put, they just need to put it in the shop so that we can, not only be certain that we're getting what we paid for, but acually viewing the costume before be buy it... After seeing that picture a few pages back I'm not going to buy those pantaloons. My only hope is that they sell it for $50 or less ($20 would be ideal per costume), but after seeing those founder packs going for $200 I don't think that's gonna happen.

The really need to understand that uses boxes only enrages *most* of the playerbase and pushes them away from buying more or any AP at all. Like others before me, just putting the costume there would be so much better and acually encourage more buyers. The more people wear costumes around town, the more others want to spend $$$ to try and get the costume. Just by being almost impossible it acually deters potential buyers.

va_FyreHeart

Rank 0
Joined
15 Mar 2013
Posts
12
Location
United States
PostedApr 02, 2013 10:24 pm
There's a simple solution if the community works together: boycott the (un)Lucky Boxes.

If Aeria makes no money off the @#$%! things, they'll change how they sell them.

royaloyalz

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
royaloyalz
Joined
25 Mar 2013
Posts
410
Location
Singapore
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:45 pm
Things are not always black and white, it will never be so easy as to simply boycott it to make things happen.

In any case, boycotting will only work if everyone does it together. In this kind of environment where everyone is from different countries and also have different mindsets, it is probably impossible to get everyone to boycott it, therefore it will probably stay there in the item mall regardless of what you say.

A better way, and something that is more likely to happen, would be to get them to open up to the customers and listen to what we are saying. Probably things like bringing the prices of those boxes down, increasing the win rates, however slightly, making the costumes (NT) but with a fixed price and leaving the ones in the boxes (T). Suggestions like these may be picked up by the company, and I really hope that they will do so, if they want a happy customer base, which generally equates to willing-to-spend costumers.

In any case, this is still just the open beta. Things may change when the game is actually released for real, and I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

va_FyreHeart

Rank 0
Joined
15 Mar 2013
Posts
12
Location
United States
PostedApr 03, 2013 9:26 am
 
A better way, and something that is more likely to happen, would be to get them to open up to the customers and listen to what we are saying. Probably things like bringing the prices of those boxes down, increasing the win rates, however slightly, making the costumes (NT) but with a fixed price and leaving the ones in the boxes (T). Suggestions like these may be picked up by the company, and I really hope that they will do so, if they want a happy customer base, which generally equates to willing-to-spend costumers.  


That's not a "way". That's a "hope" (you say so yourself). A boycott is a "way" to influence the company to do any or all of those things you "hope" for.

That said, I agree with you that it's probably impossible to get everyone to boycott those items. Though we don't need everyone to, we just need enough to impact Aeria's earnings from those items. If non-lucky-box items make them $100,000 and lucky boxes only make them $10,000, they'll take notice.

Anyway, I'm not calling for a boycott per se. I'm just saying that I, personally, will never buy another (un)Lucky Box.

BladezOhFury

Rank 0
Joined
29 Mar 2013
Posts
40
Location
Canada
PostedApr 03, 2013 11:14 am
niceguy87 wrote:
Where did it say each item has an equal chance of coming out of the cube, I missed it? I would assume the shades of black is about 1% and everything else totals up to 99% of the chance.  


Now there's someone who understands these boxes!

@minasachan, I suggest looking at the item mall for other aeria games, you'll notice a pattern with boxes on pretty much all their games I assume, skimp through the forums on some of the older aeria games that have been around for years and you'll also see the community raging they aren't being listened to and haven't been for a long time. Looked at A.V.A forums not too long ago out of curiosity (I quit ava when AGE bought IJJI, not the kind of company I want to play a fps with since I know their item mall querks) and what did I see, raging about how it has turned into a p2w game, (Just like wolfteam was) dang was I surprised to read that. So... sorry to break the news but aeria isn't your savior from vindictus item mall. Considering they are selling enhancement upgrades during a Open Beta (We all know it's not a actual beta though) it's easy to see the direction the IM is going to go into.

These mystery boxes are like Cigarettes(bad for your health!), you can plaster pictures of disgusting things on them(**** I hate the tongue picture!), tell the world how terrible they are with statistics ie OP and all the other people who got **** all from many boxes posting their loot, hike up the price, have a group campaigning against them non-stop. But people will still continue to buy them after all is said and done so they will continue to sell them.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: