Andru77

Rank 0
Andru77
PostedApr 02, 2013 8:47 am
People need to realize lucky boxes ar a baaaaad investment. It' a gamble, and the odds are eternally against you.

As an experiment, I once bought one $1 lotto scratch-off a day for a full year. I spent $365 and won a total of $17 (including free tickets.) Thats how these things work.

To put it in a different light:
The final odds of winning the lottery equal 1 in 13,983,816
The odds of being struck by lightning in any given year: 1 in 700,000

Advertisement

ansagon

Rank 1
ansagon
PostedApr 02, 2013 8:53 am
Andru77 wrote:
People need to realize lucky boxes ar a baaaaad investment. It' a gamble, and the odds are eternally against you.  

That is reason I will wait until the items I want, are sold as is and not put into some wheel of luck item.

esley2007

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
esley2007
PostedApr 02, 2013 9:15 am
Andru77 wrote:

As an experiment, I once bought one $1 lotto scratch-off a day for a full year. I spent $365 and won a total of $17 (including free tickets.) Thats how these things work.

if there is no winner in first rank of lottery they split the price money to the ranks below, sometimes even keep a part for the next lottery, so do not give us that talk, lottery has more chance earning decent money than getting an item you actually want from these boxes + these costumes aren't even worth 1 mil + USD, getting struck by lightning isn't even dependable on chance calculation, you can get it easy if you tie yourself to a pole that attracts lightning, so the calculation has a factor that depends on the person, we can't chose the factor of winning these box items nor get value for the money that was spent, with lottery you can even see how many won in the ranks so you have a visual, the lottery also has experts calculating and making sure everything goes according to the rules and that people have a decent chance to win this, not one of us said we wanted to win the jackpot, but getting like none of the decent items and being stuck with junk is scam

</embed>

Elepole

Rank 0
Elepole
PostedApr 02, 2013 9:19 am
Buy seal, sell them for 60g each, buy costume of the market for 200g. Seems a much better deal imo. But, please, go ahead and buy those gamble cube: we need someone to put the costume on the market Very Happy

Andru77

Rank 0
Andru77
PostedApr 02, 2013 9:43 am
esley2007 wrote:
Andru77 wrote:

if there is no winner in first rank of lottery they split the price money to the ranks below, sometimes even keep a part for the next lottery, so do not give us that talk, lottery has more chance earning decent money than getting an item you actually want from these boxes + these costumes aren't even worth 1 mil + USD, getting struck by lightning isn't even dependable on chance calculation, you can get it easy if you tie yourself to a pole that attracts lightning, so the calculation has a factor that depends on the person, we can't chose the factor of winning these box items nor get value for the money that was spent, with lottery you can even see how many won in the ranks so you have a visual, the lottery also has experts calculating and making sure everything goes according to the rules and that people have a decent chance to win this, not one of us said we wanted to win the jackpot, but getting like none of the decent items and being stuck with junk is scam  

Actually, the lotto here is Florida doesn't work that way. If no one wins, then the prize is rolled over til some one, or a group of someones (in which case, the prize is split between them.) Granted the odds would be lower on scratch-offs which I guess this would be more equatable to my example, but it's still not in your favor since you have about a 1:44 chance to win, but there's only maybe 10 top prizes and perhaps several tens of thousands of the lowest prize amount: a free ticket. And all this divided by a set number of tickets that most likely range in the hundreds of thousands. Still pretty slim odds you'll win $5000 on a single dollar, or even on hendreds.

Being struck by lightning is indeed uncontrollable sometimes. I know a guy that was sitting on his sofa INSIDE his house, and well away from the windows, when lightning came through a window and struck him. I know: you could say that he should have had the window closed, but, c'mon. What are the chances a lightning bolt would avoid houses and trees to strike a person inside? I guess if mother nature is pissed, she's gonna let someone know.

And, I'm pretty sure everyone buying a outfit/bike Lucky Box is aiming for the jackpot. And since those are the majority of the ones I see complaints about, I'll jes have to assume that people pissed off because they didn't win it.

Ayon300

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:10 am
Aside from anything said here. I bought some AP spent them on it and looked at the outcome. Since I don't mind the money I put in just now it was worth seeing it on my own. (I tend to believe in what I see more than in what I read and hear.)

I agree with anyone saying it's kind of a scam. It isn't in the truest sense of scamming but it is near impossible to get the desired items from those boxes WHICH is NOT stated when getting the boxes, they DO suggest that it is a 6 in 15 chance.

That said those test spendings will remain the probably absolutely sole and only spendings on this game. I will not support such business practices. Seeing how I would only get a laughable costume every X-Money I put in (whereas X is a high amunt) that I will then have to probably trade for one of my class AND that will look crappy on me because everyone (or almost everyone, clever people) will see me in that skimpy costume and think of a firefly since I have glowing skin cancer that all sentinels suffer from even through outfits. Good job Aeria. : D

To the poster that suggested rather than boycotting it, we should try and improve the situation with constructive suggestions and feedback: This is not how the industry works. This is not how it ever worked. This is what it would work like when the people gave something about this game, but they don't, they didn't even program it themselves. They bought it. They invested in it and now want back all the money they can from it. End of story. Not giving them ANY money is the only answer they need. Only if it does not pay off they will ever realize that what they are selling is the reason. Not before that.

ddritual

Rank 0
ddritual
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:38 am
Crying or Very sad sigh no luck there

but what this lucky hypovial will do, nvr use it before

Andru77

Rank 0
Andru77
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:41 am
Ayon300 wrote:
To the poster that suggested rather than boycotting it, we should try and improve the situation with constructive suggestions and feedback: This is not how the industry works. This is not how it ever worked. This is what it would work like when the people gave something about this game, but they don't, they didn't even program it themselves. They bought it. They invested in it and now want back all the money they can from it. End of story. Not giving them ANY money is the only answer they need. Only if it does not pay off they will ever realize that what they are selling is the reason. Not before that.  

Well, you can still give them money without buying the gamble boxes. Simply buy the permanent/Useful expendable items (Stardust 6, Unsealers, Narak Relics, etc) instead of the gamble boxes. They'll see there's more of a market for that stuff over boxes and add more to the IM. It won't get rid of the boxes because there's always people who have more money than brains (no insult intended to those that bought the boxes without realizing is was a bad investment.)

I think it'd be better for Aeria in the long run to have NT versions of the outfit on sell in the IM with maybe T versions in a cube, and bring the AP value of the cubes down by at least 25-30%. Jes so you feel great when you do get the outfit, and not so gypped when you get 3 hp pots instead

In fact, I think I'll go post that in Suggestions...

sathur_147

Rank 0
sathur_147
PostedApr 02, 2013 12:06 pm
Im pretty sure that only the ones who didnt got it are complaining here. ^-^

<center></center>

va_FyreHeart

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 12:19 pm
I don't gamble.

At least they're clear that you will get ONE of the listed items in the cube. I had some free AP gathering dust in my account, so I gave it a shot.

Nada.

I won't buy another one.

See, if Aeria let me buy the items I wanted (Stormchaser, costumes, etc.), I'd probably buy several of each. They'd make some money off me. But forcing me to gamble on the off chance I get it? I won't waste my money, so they won't get a dime. Their attempt at monetizing the game is backfiring.