april fools ._.

IGN: Curaja <Curse> | Whipper Guide Soon to be Edited
Advertisement

morterlust

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedApr 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: PATIENCE

fighta665 wrote:
why not wait until those things come out on their own or spend ap on tradable stuff get tons of cash and eventually buy the stuff from ppl who got it and are selling?  

Honestly? I was convinced that within $30-$50 I would get at least one suit that I could then trade for the one my class can use. After seeing the garbage that drops from these cubes I continued without any expectations but for one sheer purpose: to hold a living proof that this is a huge rip off and to warn others by putting money where my mouth is. I seriously do not condone this type of business. Consequently, I might not spend another buck for AGE ever again. My intentions of purchasing their future Scarlet Blade AP cards just went out the window. I am highly skeptical and have just been reduced to a "freeloader" if you will. What's worse, I have a bad taste in my mouth now, so a game I in the past recommended to everyone I knew I will now advise against sheerly due to AGE's legal scam (this is borderline larceny).

I have spend thousands in other games (i.e. Vindictus). Why? Is it because I have no life? On the contrary, I love a good vacation, spend a few hundred on a awesome dinner, and love to have fun. Gaming world is just an extension of my real one and I act accordingly. Simply put, I spend enough time in school to enjoy the fruits of my labor now. My anticipation in Scarlet Blade was to expand upon what I started in Queen's Blade, but as time went on I have noticed the darker side of A.G.E., and it's a darn shame too. From ignoring all the suggestions just to rush out the open beta down to how they are milking everyone for their money blindly. Some people will actually feel the $100 pinch and you know what? I feel bad for them; I really do, because I didn't grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth. I grew up on rough streets, woke up daily to sell stuff on swap meet, and was lucky to bring $30 home on a good day, so I can appreciate a buck and I now how hard some people work for one. What AGE is doing with these larceny boxes is just wrong. It's unconscionable for anyone other than perhaps a greedy CFO who's there 100% just to show a positive trend graph at the end of a year and doesn't give one lick's worth towards his customers, and I resent that!

So what happens now? For me? I think I'm done with AGE and I feel stupid for not listening to others when I have been warned about this. Frankly I'm still baffled, but that aside. Will I continue to play the game? Yes, it's a great game. Will I support it? ...how shall I put this... "not a sixpence" more until I see some compelling evidence that these sharks have changed. Darn, and here I had a plan to buy bikes, endless enchant boosters, lingerie, etc, lol. Hmmm... how unfortunate, but life goes on. I'll make that $100 back within few hours tomorrow and won't give the loss a second thought. I just utterly feel bad for those who bleed to get that much at the end of a day and will come home to the disappointment of making cube purchases. My heart goes out to you people, even if you aren't reading this post.

morterlust

PostedApr 01, 2013 10:47 pm
Zaebja wrote:
april fools ._.  

ROFL!!! You said it man, you said it! Good one Smile Smile Smile
EDIT:
On a serious note, if this is an april fools joke, ROFL!!! Good one AGE. Good one, and bravo! If this really is one, I tip my hat to you guys LoL!

icewolves007

icewolves007
PostedApr 01, 2013 11:31 pm

Re: PATIENCE

fighta665 wrote:
why not wait until those things come out on their own or spend ap on tradable stuff get tons of cash and eventually buy the stuff from ppl who got it and are selling?  

Someone actually has to get the costume first in order to sell it. And at this rate, that person will have to throw down a few hundred dollars for one suit.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 02, 2013 2:28 am
akrstella wrote:
Slightly unrelated, but you know those superior crates from PvP? They have a chance of giving blue veteran accessories as well. But I doubt anyone ever has gotten any. Me and my friends have opened well over 200. Honestly, I just don't trust Aeria, with anything anymore. I'm never spending a dime on 'chance' anymore unless it's a guaranteed item. Such as the mount which I'm very happy with. But yeah, for all we know those boxes don't even give items yet.

Meanwhile in the office.

John: "Oh dudes, we forgot to enable some of the loot on the gambling boxes!"
Mandy: "Oh, woops. Just turn them on now. "
Greg: "What about all the people who already bought boxes?"
John: "Who cares, they'll never know, LOL."
All staff: *Laughing*  

I got one of the Supply crate accessories in CB. However, It's an item that deletes after 30 days .

akrstella

Rank 2
akrstella
PostedApr 02, 2013 2:33 am
Rekikyo wrote:
akrstella wrote:
Slightly unrelated, but you know those superior crates from PvP? They have a chance of giving blue veteran accessories as well. But I doubt anyone ever has gotten any. Me and my friends have opened well over 200. Honestly, I just don't trust Aeria, with anything anymore. I'm never spending a dime on 'chance' anymore unless it's a guaranteed item. Such as the mount which I'm very happy with. But yeah, for all we know those boxes don't even give items yet.

Meanwhile in the office.

John: "Oh dudes, we forgot to enable some of the loot on the gambling boxes!"
Mandy: "Oh, woops. Just turn them on now. "
Greg: "What about all the people who already bought boxes?"
John: "Who cares, they'll never know, LOL."
All staff: *Laughing*  

I got one of the Supply crate accessories in CB. However, It's an item that deletes after 30 days .  

You have an angel watching over your shoulder.

30 days is fine. Level cap should be up by then (seriously hope so, lmfao).

FoxiVix (SE)/ViciouxVix (DE)
<Murmaider>

FoxiVix PvP Take 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfFKs_GAwXg
FoxiVix PvP Take 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcLFYE7Gklk

Retired.

Keikain

Rank 3
Keikain
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:29 am
In general, if I learned anything from my time with a previous Aeria title, don't bother gambling on the chests. Wait until promotions or tiered spenders for more guaranteed gains for your spending.

ddritual

Rank 0
ddritual
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:45 am
so the april fools day on 2nd april Crying or Very sad

BladezOhFury

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:59 am
Keikain wrote:
In general, if I learned anything from my time with a previous Aeria title, don't bother gambling on the chests. Wait until promotions or tiered spenders for more guaranteed gains for your spending.  

This ^,
Aeria loves their boxes filled with random crap. If you like gambling with 20-1 odds against you then by all means buy them. If you don't want to spend 10x more than the item in the box is worth wait for it not to be in a box. The only thing I truly hate about aerias "mystery boxes" is when they put them on a tier spender.... *shake fist*

Thanks for the laugh anyways OP, threads about boxes always amuse me. Hopefully people second think buying boxes now.

Panderp.

Rank 4
Panderp.
PostedApr 02, 2013 1:19 pm
morterlust wrote:
petelam wrote:
One word that best describes the item mall lottery system: Shameful.

Never buying a "Lucky Box" again. Luck my ***. Spent 100 got squat. Buyer beware. Seems you have a better chance of getting struck by lighting than get an outfit. But alteast you'll have tons of pet scraps...

Everyone should boycott the luck boxes imo.  

So that brings the odds to about 0.20% Smooth AGE, really smooth lol. Good way to loose long term customers who actually have $ to spend but just became completely cynical about your business model.  
looking at how many founders there are.... they don't really need to change anything if people are still willing to spend a lot of money. Their lootbox chances have always been slim and yet people still throw in hundreds of dollars.

This is why I don't play DWO