morterlust

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedApr 01, 2013 9:29 pm   Last edited by morterlust on Apr 01, 2013 9:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total

$100 worth of 50 shades of black cubes - NOTHING!

Before all you trolls go crazy, I'm not an idiot. $100 is worth a few dinners to me, however I thought I should warn others before they go on a spending spree. It seems like a chance of a costume is about 1%. However given a few feedbacks from couple other people, one who claimed he opened 89 boxes and got nothing, and another one who opened 60 something and got nothing, I'd say chance of a costume is therefore about closer to 0.5% or less.

I also see a pretty dirty tactic being used, where the costumes flash on your screen like 5 times per roll yet you'll probably never see it. Frankly I feel a bit ripped off; a fancy dinner would of been at least worth a gratifying experience. This? ... fells more like betrayal if anything. Anyways, just a heads up folks. It's a legal scam at best.

EDIT:
For those curious, let me sum up what all the cubes contained. For most part it was a 30 day bag expansion slot that you can't even sell on the market (really?). I got a few dozen of those. Then there was a handful of grafting tools (just normal blue ones), some pet batteries, and several times I even got level 25 HP potions that you can buy from a vendor for 1 silver.
Advertisement

alan.murp

Rank 0
alan.murp
PostedApr 01, 2013 9:34 pm
lol i know i tried a few times and it always slows down on the costume and you think...yes!! got it!! and then it ticks over one more time >.> pet energy or whatever crap...

akrstella

Rank 2
akrstella
PostedApr 01, 2013 9:34 pm
Exact same here. 13k ap, poof. Got a bunch of untradeable inventory backpack things and pet experience reward pots. I really don't mind gambling or spending money on games. But this is the worst cash shop I've ever seen. Should have known.

FoxiVix (SE)/ViciouxVix (DE)
<Murmaider>

FoxiVix PvP Take 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfFKs_GAwXg
FoxiVix PvP Take 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcLFYE7Gklk

Retired.

morterlust

PostedApr 01, 2013 9:37 pm
akrstella wrote:
Exact same here. 13k ap, poof. Got a bunch of untradeable inventory backpack things and pet experience reward pots. I really don't mind gambling or spending money on games. But this is the worst cash shop I've ever seen. Should have known.  

Well if that's the case then I am skewing my percentage to 0.30% chance. With the user above, I'd dare to say even 0.25% chance of a costume. Now that's just wrong....

akrstella

Rank 2
akrstella
PostedApr 01, 2013 9:44 pm
Slightly unrelated, but you know those superior crates from PvP? They have a chance of giving blue veteran accessories as well. But I doubt anyone ever has gotten any. Me and my friends have opened well over 200. Honestly, I just don't trust Aeria, with anything anymore. I'm never spending a dime on 'chance' anymore unless it's a guaranteed item. Such as the mount which I'm very happy with. But yeah, for all we know those boxes don't even give items yet.

Meanwhile in the office.

John: "Oh dudes, we forgot to enable some of the loot on the gambling boxes!"
Mandy: "Oh, woops. Just turn them on now. "
Greg: "What about all the people who already bought boxes?"
John: "Who cares, they'll never know, LOL."
All staff: *Laughing*

megamagex

Rank 0
megamagex
PostedApr 01, 2013 9:47 pm
Given the fact that there are 6 costumes, you'd think that in $100 you'd get at least 1 of them. Not getting anything after all of that is definitely not right. Every other MMO that I've played has claimed a 1% or 3% chance to get a box's rare item, but you usually got the item after around $60 worth (and if your lucky, alot less). It was a rare day when you heard someone complain of spending over $100 without getting the good item.

Also, having a chance for HP/SP hypovials, which have no AP value, is extremely deterring for potential customers. When buying a lucky box, you expect to get something else that you could have purchased in the item mall, especially with boxes that cost nearly $3. I've only seen one other game do this, but it was with $1 boxes, having more expensive ones which gave significantly better rewards

Myself, i bought a mere 2 boxes and got exp vials on both of them. Figured I just had bad luck until i read this

petelam

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedApr 01, 2013 10:05 pm
One word that best describes the item mall lottery system: Shameful.

Never buying a "Lucky Box" again. Luck my ***. Spent 100 got squat. Buyer beware. Seems you have a better chance of getting struck by lighting than get an outfit. But alteast you'll have tons of pet scraps...

Everyone should boycott the luck boxes imo.

verdohan

verdohan
PostedApr 01, 2013 10:07 pm
Welcome to Aeria Games.... I bought one of those warehouse cubes, 2 actually and decided to roll one.... the thing STOPPED on permanent, STOPPED.... then redeemed as 1 30day.... lol I just chuckled ....

Anyway, welcome to AGE, and also welcome to the fun being sucked from the game slowly for FTP or budget players.

Enjoy what you can for as long as you can stomach it and then make your choice Smile

STOPPED on permanent...*shakes head*

morterlust

PostedApr 01, 2013 10:14 pm
petelam wrote:
One word that best describes the item mall lottery system: Shameful.

Never buying a "Lucky Box" again. Luck my ***. Spent 100 got squat. Buyer beware. Seems you have a better chance of getting struck by lighting than get an outfit. But alteast you'll have tons of pet scraps...

Everyone should boycott the luck boxes imo.  

So that brings the odds to about 0.20% Smooth AGE, really smooth lol. Good way to loose long term customers who actually have $ to spend but just became completely cynical about your business model.

fighta665

Rank 0
fighta665
PostedApr 01, 2013 10:28 pm

PATIENCE

why not wait until those things come out on their own or spend ap on tradable stuff get tons of cash and eventually buy the stuff from ppl who got it and are selling?