swslbear

Rank 0
swslbear
PostedApr 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Equipment Merge (brief guide)

Attributes?
Hi, I didn't see any thread that talked about equipment merge so I'll make a brief one.

Q: What are MS Attributes?
A: They're like level-ups for your equipment (i.e. shoes, gloves, etc)

Q: Where can I get them?
A: So far I've gotten them from drops. I don't know if any quests give them as a reward. (I'm not a pro, mind you)

Q: What do they look like?
A: When they're drops, it looks like a shining ball. They differ in colour depending on their rank!
* When in your inventory, they look like cameras. A grey background with a glass like looking ball in the center.
** When you've gone through "Attribute Analysis" they will appear green. A text in green should be there when you hover your mouse over it saying "Confirmed (Merge Possible)"

Q: What types are there?
A: I've encountered speed % for shoes, HP for clothes, DS for clothes, and that's it SO far. I'm sure I'll come in contact with more when I can fight stronger monsters.

Q: Where do I go merge them?
A: Go to a man named Doruphin (You can find him in Yokohoma Village or Yokohoma Easy Village). I didn't really pay attention when I went into other towns to see if there were equipment mergers.

Q: What do I do next?
A: Click on Doruphin and you'll be presented with two options. "Attribute Analysis" and "Equipment Merge", click the first one.

You'll be shown the "Attribute Info" window. Now, right click the attribute in your inventory that you want analyzed (basically means the level-up you want on your equipment). The cost will appear ofc and then you can go ahead and have your analysis.

After that, make sure the item you want leveled up is unequipped (it's okay if it's character bound). Example: If you're wearing shoes, unequip them and then open the "Equipment Merge" window. Right click your shoes and then select your "Confirmed (Merge Possible)" attribute. Again, the cost will appear and you can merge your item. For shoes, they only have 1 slot available so you can't stack on level-ups. For clothes, they have 2 slots so you can put 2 level-ups on those.

I hope this helps! Again, I'm no expert. I learned this all on my own. I'll update when I can!

Need:
1. Any other colours besides green when analyzed?
2. What other types of attributes are there?

*More questions later.
Advertisement

AkuTenshiiZero

Rank 0
AkuTenshiiZero
PostedApr 01, 2013 9:57 pm
Not trashing on you, but there's a lot wrong here. Color of the orb and iicon background (after analysis) varies depending on the stat boosted by the item:

HP = Red, attaches to Shirts
DS = Blue, attaches to Accessories
DF = Grey/Black, attaches to Pants
AP = Yellow, attaches to Gloves
MS = Green, attaches to Shoes

Each one is assigned a Rank letter, with A being low and C being high. Higher ranks give higher stats. The color of the name and border is effected by the rank, and can be green (low rank, common) blue (mid rank, uncommon) or purple (high rank, rare).

Kamemon in Western Area Village and the blonde DATs woman (with the crazy crack addict eyes, forgot her name) in Snowstorm Village both handle Equipment Merge as well.

And for the record, you can remove Attributes from the slot at the NPCs, just like adding them you give them the item, click the one you want removed, and hit "Deactivate". Shoes and Accessories have one slot, Shirts, Gloves and Pants have two. Finally, every equipment item has a % next to the slot. This shows how much of that attribute is actually given to your character. For example, if a slot says 55%, and you have an Attribute that gives 20 AP, you're actually only getting 10 AP out of it.

swslbear

Rank 0
swslbear
PostedApr 01, 2013 10:02 pm
AkuTenshiiZero wrote:
Not trashing on you, but there's a lot wrong here. Color of the orb and iicon background (after analysis) varies depending on the stat boosted by the item:

HP = Red, attaches to Shirts
DS = Blue, attaches to Accessories
DF = Grey/Black, attaches to Pants
AP = Yellow, attaches to Gloves
MS = Green, attaches to Shoes

Each one is assigned a Rank letter, with A being low and C being high. Higher ranks give higher stats. The color of the name and border is effected by the rank, and can be green (low rank, common) blue (mid rank, uncommon) or purple (high rank, rare).

Kamemon in Western Area Village and the blonde DATs woman (with the crazy crack addict eyes, forgot her name) in Snowstorm Village both handle Equipment Merge as well.

And for the record, you can remove Attributes from the slot at the NPCs, just like adding them you give them the item, click the one you want removed, and hit "Deactivate". Shoes and Accessories have one slot, Shirts, Gloves and Pants have two. Finally, every equipment item has a % next to the slot. This shows how much of that attribute is actually given to your character. For example, if a slot says 55%, and you have an Attribute that gives 20 AP, you're actually only getting 10 AP out of it.  

Oh thank goodness you replied! Dw, I know you weren't trashing me. If you want, could you make a proper thread about Equipment Merge? :0 It'd help a lot more than mine.