Aeria.Mazinger

Aeria: Product Manager
Aeria.Mazinger
PostedApr 11, 2013 2:26 pm
Saveric wrote:
Here's some math for those that don't believe you can get them without paying.

Excluding Mystery Shop Quest there are 136 Seeds you can acquire in the event.

Farm level 1-3 13 Seeds per: 1,768 Spirits without stealing = 2 Clothing or steal 232 Spirits from farm friends.
Farm level 4-6 14 Seeds per: 1,904 Spirits without stealing = 2 clothing or Steal 96 Spirits from farm friends.
Farm level 7+ 15 Seeds per: 2040 Spirits without Stealing = 2 clothing or Mount.

For those that try to add up the seeds and don't get 136. Here's a calendar with the Events and how many seeds you get per day:

HC = Hero's Call
MT = Mount Trainer
RTB = Rule the Battleground
DS = Dungeon Slayer

HC = 35, MT = 40, RTB = 21, DS = 40  

Awesome Chart!!!

Advertisement

Lehmaehmatis

Rank 0
PostedApr 11, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: Ancient seed event.

Farm
Orkidea wrote:
Lehmaehmatis wrote:
Farm upgrades do not affect how many seeds you get. You just get them faster. Which means you can not obtain the mount without balens.
So why would you make such an event in the first place? Just add that chicken mount to the cash shop or mystery shop and let those interested buy it. Its the same thing anyway.
Personally, if I had calculated the seed yields and seen the result then i did not feel like I now suddenly wanted to buy balens and cash in. I rather felt disappointed in such an incomplete event.

I, too, call BS on this event. Because that is what it is.  

Don't post if you don 't know what you're saying. I get 15 seeds on my lv7 farm. Lv7 farm provides 18% crop production increase, and if the normal result is 13 seeds, then 18% of that 2,36 = 2 extra seeds = 15 end result.

And yes, you can steal plants but that's a **** move .. At least, if you stalk plants like people tend to do. So not only this event is for balen users only, it's also something you'd get in fights over with other players .. Badly organized IMO. Was there really any need to make the event to be plants in the first place? Why can't the quest just give you straight out the 13x5 Ancient Spirits instead of 5 Seeds ..  

I did not notice that i had been stolen from and as my level 5 farm gave me 13 spirits per seed so I presumed that soil upgrades do not affect event seeds. Sorry for causing confusion.
Thief, by the way, was a casher. I stole back from his guildmate.

If I dont know what I am saying then how can I know if that which I am saying is true or not and if it thusly deserves to be posted or not?
That sentence of yours does not make much sense to me.

And why do we have to have an event which tells us to steal from our friends anyway?

Aeria.Mazinger

Aeria: Product Manager
Aeria.Mazinger
PostedApr 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Farm
Lehmaehmatis wrote:
Orkidea wrote:
Lehmaehmatis wrote:
Farm upgrades do not affect how many seeds you get. You just get them faster. Which means you can not obtain the mount without balens.
So why would you make such an event in the first place? Just add that chicken mount to the cash shop or mystery shop and let those interested buy it. Its the same thing anyway.
Personally, if I had calculated the seed yields and seen the result then i did not feel like I now suddenly wanted to buy balens and cash in. I rather felt disappointed in such an incomplete event.

I, too, call BS on this event. Because that is what it is.  

Don't post if you don 't know what you're saying. I get 15 seeds on my lv7 farm. Lv7 farm provides 18% crop production increase, and if the normal result is 13 seeds, then 18% of that 2,36 = 2 extra seeds = 15 end result.

And yes, you can steal plants but that's a **** move .. At least, if you stalk plants like people tend to do. So not only this event is for balen users only, it's also something you'd get in fights over with other players .. Badly organized IMO. Was there really any need to make the event to be plants in the first place? Why can't the quest just give you straight out the 13x5 Ancient Spirits instead of 5 Seeds ..  

I did not notice that i had been stolen from and as my level 5 farm gave me 13 spirits per seed so I presumed that soil upgrades do not affect event seeds. Sorry for causing confusion.

If I dont know what I am saying then how can I know if that which I am saying is true or not and if it thusly deserves to be posted or not?
That sentence of yours does not make much sense to me.

And why do we have to have an event which tells us to steal from our friends anyway?  

Hi Lehmaehmatis,

Stealing crop is part of the game, so I think it justify to make a event around this feature. Smile

Thanks,
Mazinger

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedApr 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Farm
Lehmaehmatis wrote:
[snip]

other than theft from friends, having weeds or pests on your crops when they mature reduces yeild by 10% for each pest or weed. Therefore there is a potential to lose 2 spirits (20%) before any steals happen if people are careless.

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedApr 11, 2013 4:12 pm
Tomorrow i gonna tell my boss i have to leave work every 11h to check a browser game, i can't wait to see him face!!

Seriously i wake up at 5:00am to work and don't come back home till 20:00 so i'm in my house for just 9h and seeds takes 11 to growth as you can see is kinda hard harvest them before someone stole and when i go to the thief farm to stole from him... surprise!! he doesn't have any ancient seed!

I'm pretty sure that there is more people like me that cause of work, school, or anything else can be online anytime they want and that's where the event fails. Is not a matter of how much effort you put on it, is a matter of some people can and some not. The best i'll get is 1360 spirits, well maybe less since i can't train my mounth 5 times everyday, good thing is at least with this event you can convert them into 6.8kk gold/daru or a lot of kyanite if you handle to get the 136 seeds. However to make the mounth quest unless you had 35 training whips there is no option to train your mounth 5 times/day w/o spend unless you are really lucky with the guild altar.

Good prizes, easy quest, really bad system. However is not a bad event since even casual players that don't spend can get 1 piece of clothing easy, but higher prizes are not for everyone no matter how hard you try but that's was obiously even before the event started, there is always a moneymaker even when nobody see it. In a overall i like the event but can understand the complains of people.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedApr 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Cacuga wrote:
Tomorrow i gonna tell my boss i have to leave work every 11h to check a browser game, i can't wait to see him face!!

Seriously i wake up at 5:00am to work and don't come back home till 20:00 so i'm in my house for just 9h and seeds takes 11 to growth as you can see is kinda hard harvest them before someone stole and when i go to the thief farm to stole from him... surprise!! he doesn't have any ancient seed!

I'm pretty sure that there is more people like me that cause of work, school, or anything else can be online anytime they want and that's where the event fails. Is not a matter of how much effort you put on it, is a matter of some people can and some not. The best i'll get is 1360 spirits, well maybe less since i can't train my mounth 5 times everyday, good thing is at least with this event you can convert them into 6.8kk gold/daru or a lot of kyanite if you handle to get the 136 seeds. However to make the mounth quest unless you had 35 training whips there is no option to train your mounth 5 times/day w/o spend unless you are really lucky with the guild altar.

Good prizes, easy quest, really bad system. However is not a bad event since even casual players that don't spend can get 1 piece of clothing easy, but higher prizes are not for everyone no matter how hard you try but that's was obiously even before the event started, there is always a moneymaker even when nobody see it. In a overall i like the event but can understand the complains of people.  

Again, higher prizes in events are not supposed to be easy to get. They are not meant to be "guaranteed" rewards. The devs plan an event and give a certain reward should certain criteria be met. If people cannot meet that criteria due to their personal schedule, that is not the dev's fault. There will be other events that will suit you more but might not suit others.

Seriously, there was no where near as much complaining about the Piggy mount event where it was IMPOSSIBLE to get the pig without balens. Again, if the devs wanted everyone to have the mount guaranteed, just shove a universal mail out with the card as an attachment and get rid of the event altogether. This event provides the potential to get it without balens... that is all that is needed from an event.

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedApr 11, 2013 4:37 pm
RollaR_50248 wrote:
Cacuga wrote:

Again, higher prizes in events are not supposed to be easy to get. They are not meant to be "guaranteed" rewards. The devs plan an event and give a certain reward should certain criteria be met. If people cannot meet that criteria due to their personal schedule, that is not the dev's fault. There will be other events that will suit you more but might not suit others.

Seriously, there was no where near as much complaining about the Piggy mount event where it was IMPOSSIBLE to get the pig without balens. Again, if the devs wanted everyone to have the mount guaranteed, just shove a universal mail out with the card as an attachment and get rid of the event altogether. This event provides the potential to get it without balens... that is all that is needed from an event.  

I'm missing any way to train my mount that not requires mount training whips or balens? well if by any chance you had 35 whips saved then you are lucky but i doub someone has them so the only way to train your mount is spending.

And is not the same make an event to give you the card that send it by email, the big difference is the first way you have to log in everyday and that's what devs want, people playing the game everyday till they eat the lure and spend money, if they send the card then you don't even have to bother to log in. No matter how much you try to defend the event, the mount is for cashers and we have to deal with it.
Even so is by far better have to spend balens on this to get the reward, you kill two birds with one stone since you are improving you mount and make the quest at same time not like one of the last event quest where you had to refresh the mistery shop where if you make the mats will cost less buy the cloth directly that spend balens on the quest to get the eggs.

And don't get me in the complainers group since as i said i like the event, is just i can understand why people is complaining and used my own case as example.

Muzii12

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Muzii12
PostedApr 11, 2013 4:43 pm
Cacuga wrote:
RollaR_50248 wrote:
Cacuga wrote:

I'm missing any way to train my mount that not requires mount training whips or balens? well if by any chance you had 35 whips saved then you are lucky but i doub someone has them so the only way to train your mount is spending.

And is not the same make an event to give you the card that send it by email, the big difference is the first way you have to log in everyday and that's what devs want, people playing the game everyday till they eat the lure and spend money, if they send the card then you don't even have to bother to log in. No matter how much you try to defend the event, the mount is for cashers and we have to deal with it.

And don't get me in the complainers group since as i said i like the event, is just i can understand why people is complaining and used my own case as example.  

well if u are in a guild who are in rank top 8 then at the end of every week you do win some whips, i ' m in Skyrim we usually win so every week 30 whip is fix...i do guild blessing everyday from their also some time i get whips, and VIP if it is refresh many times for a exact formation then 5 whips can be get from their too...

but mostly player do save whips for event like this i personally saved 300+ and many more did too as we learned from our mistake in Alpaca event where whip's were needed and we didn't saved ours, we therefore were able to learn from that mistake and didn't did that mistake when reindeer mount event launched as we had got into habit of saving some whip which alone helped bunch of people get that mount.

and this event is not for Cashers only, player who are committed and are actively playing if they use their time and brain a little bit efficiently then they can get the mount without spending a penny.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedApr 11, 2013 4:50 pm
Cacuga wrote:
RollaR_50248 wrote:
Cacuga wrote:

Since we have had several events which require mount whips most people I know always save at least 50 whips just in case such an event happens again. One of those events was during the life span of server 2 so even server 2 players are aware of the possibility. Some foresight and forward planning is all it takes.

You can get mount whips from guild altar, vip spinning (ok this means you atleast spend on VIP), daily devotion rewards, guild war rewards, guild chest, warrior's mark, battleground chest... The opportunity is there. Other than handing out the event rewards on a silver platter, I don't think the devs need to do much more. Then I'm sure people will still find a reason to complain.

JohnS_97342

Rank 0
PostedApr 11, 2013 8:20 pm
This is a great event structure because of the POSSIBILITY of getting the mount for non-cashers. Even without getting the mount, there is the ability to get not only one, but two pieces of clothing, which all of us non-cashers were whining about previously. Can't please or accomodate everyone but this is a great step in keeping non-cashers competitive.