Lehmaehmatis

Rank 0
PostedApr 11, 2013 3:21 am

Ancient seed event.

Farm upgrades do not affect how many seeds you get. You just get them faster. Which means you can not obtain the mount without balens.
So why would you make such an event in the first place? Just add that chicken mount to the cash shop or mystery shop and let those interested buy it. Its the same thing anyway.
Personally, if I had calculated the seed yields and seen the result then i did not feel like I now suddenly wanted to buy balens and cash in. I rather felt disappointed in such an incomplete event.

I, too, call BS on this event. Because that is what it is.
Advertisement

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedApr 11, 2013 3:26 am

Re: Ancient seed event.

Lehmaehmatis wrote:
Farm upgrades do not affect how many seeds you get. You just get them faster. Which means you can not obtain the mount without balens.
So why would you make such an event in the first place? Just add that chicken mount to the cash shop or mystery shop and let those interested buy it. Its the same thing anyway.
Personally, if I had calculated the seed yields and seen the result then i did not feel like I now suddenly wanted to buy balens and cash in. I rather felt disappointed in such an incomplete event.

Farm upgrades do affect how many seeds you get. It lists 13 I get 14 with level 6 farm. Friends of mine with level 7 Farm get 15 per harvest.

Also you can steal from people on your friends list to get more spirits that way as well.

Orkidea

Rank 0
Orkidea
PostedApr 11, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Ancient seed event.

Lehmaehmatis wrote:

Don't post if you don 't know what you're saying. I get 15 seeds on my lv7 farm. Lv7 farm provides 18% crop production increase, and if the normal result is 13 seeds, then 18% of that 2,36 = 2 extra seeds = 15 end result.

And yes, you can steal plants but that's a **** move .. At least, if you stalk plants like people tend to do. So not only this event is for balen users only, it's also something you'd get in fights over with other players .. Badly organized IMO. Was there really any need to make the event to be plants in the first place? Why can't the quest just give you straight out the 13x5 Ancient Spirits instead of 5 Seeds ..

Saveric

Saveric
PostedApr 11, 2013 3:45 am
Here's some math for those that don't believe you can get them without paying.

Excluding Mystery Shop Quest there are 136 Seeds you can acquire in the event.

Farm level 1-3 13 Seeds per: 1,768 Spirits without stealing = 2 Clothing or steal 232 Spirits from farm friends.
Farm level 4-6 14 Seeds per: 1,904 Spirits without stealing = 2 clothing or Steal 96 Spirits from farm friends.
Farm level 7+ 15 Seeds per: 2040 Spirits without Stealing = 2 clothing or Mount.

For those that try to add up the seeds and don't get 136. Here's a calendar with the Events and how many seeds you get per day:

HC = Hero's Call
MT = Mount Trainer
RTB = Rule the Battleground
DS = Dungeon Slayer

HC = 35, MT = 40, RTB = 21, DS = 40

Orkidea

Rank 0
Orkidea
PostedApr 11, 2013 4:16 am
Why do you have 10 seeds from DS on 22th day?

Also note that I already wrote you can get mount if you have lv7 farm and assuming NO ONE steals. The problem is, that it usually happens. People stalk your seeds. Additionally, any farm below lv7 can't get it unless they steal which may lead into some other trouble.

To begin with, hardly any people have lv7 farm yet so I'm still thinking this event is badly organized. If they expect you to steal 232 plants from your friends then there's clearly something wrong.

Saveric

Saveric
PostedApr 11, 2013 4:29 am   Last edited by Saveric on Apr 11, 2013 4:42 am. Edited 1 time in total
Orkidea wrote:
Why do you have 10 seeds from DS on 22th day

Also note that I already wrote you can get mount if you have lv7 farm and assuming NO ONE steals. The problem is, that it usually happens. People stalk your seeds. Additionally, any farm below lv7 can't get it unless they steal which may lead into some other trouble.

To begin with, hardly any people have lv7 farm yet so I'm still thinking this event is badly organized. If they expect you to steal 232 plants from your friends then there's clearly something wrong.  

Same reason MT has 10 on the 8th. And yeah I know you did, I was just adding in the math for those that didn't know it for the event.

The quests become active after Farm Reset. Battleground and Group Arena have set times and there are none between 0:00 Server and 5:00 Server. Mount Training and Multiplayer Dungeon(Dungeon Slaying) can be done at any time. When the quests become active you can do quests after refreshing your game between 0:00 and 5:00 server. You have to do 1 MP Dungeon to complete the quest. Even if you've already done your 3 for the day completing another will give you one for the quest.

For these quests in the past when they activate people tend to just go to Nether Forest for a quick 2 minute run and get the quest done. Then once the server hits 5:00 AM all your daily quests reactivate making it where you can do the quest twice in one day.

Level 4 farm is pretty easy to achieve so most you'd typically have to steal if none are stolen from you is 96. Which is ~11 people stolen from once if they place all 9 seeds. I'm at 70 Spirits from other players atm and this event has been going on for 3 days. There are also some players that in guilds have given permission for others to steal from them. Reason being they bought the mounts already by buying boxes. Non-cashers benefit from cashers in this way if in the guild with them.

Muzii12

Muzii12
PostedApr 11, 2013 4:40 am
Saveric wrote:
Here's some math for those that don't believe you can get them without paying.

Excluding Mystery Shop Quest there are 136 Seeds you can acquire in the event.

Farm level 1-3 13 Seeds per: 1,768 Spirits without stealing = 2 Clothing or steal 232 Spirits from farm friends.
Farm level 4-6 14 Seeds per: 1,904 Spirits without stealing = 2 clothing or Steal 96 Spirits from farm friends.
Farm level 7+ 15 Seeds per: 2040 Spirits without Stealing = 2 clothing or Mount.

For those that try to add up the seeds and don't get 136. Here's a calendar with the Events and how many seeds you get per day:

HC = Hero's Call
MT = Mount Trainer
RTB = Rule the Battleground
DS = Dungeon Slayer

HC = 35, MT = 40, RTB = 21, DS = 40  

awesome chart Savvy...makes things so easier to do now...and its certainly possible now to get the mount widout spending... as most people do hv lvl 4+ farm ^^

Orkidea wrote:
Why do you have 10 seeds from DS on 22th day?

DS has 10 seeds on 22nd day coz on 22nd after farm reset that quest will be available and you can just do MP run and get ur quest done to receive 5 seeds, and later after server reset u will again hv that quest and therefore u get more 5 seeds same day. ^^

and i agree stealing is bit flustrating, but their are always gonna be players who will get late to collect der seeds wen its up, i dont steal frm anyone unless der farm is ready and der hvnt collected it and they are showing offline at that moment, hence before smone else use this opputunity i use it..coz this time one really should not blame anyone they stole der seed, it was der fault not to collect it on time.

but i dislike the ones who camp and steal, for them i delete wen one does so :p i dont camp and steal so dont expect one to do on mine ^^

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedApr 11, 2013 9:16 am
I am a guild leader in one of the Top guilds on Server 2, and this event is causing me more frustration then a game should cause anyone. I hope you GMs/PMs pay attention to my post and not just wave it off as someone raging.

Although it is easy to get lvl 4 farm, in reality most people still do not have a lvl 4 farm on server 2.

Lets be real, you can't always be available when your seeds mature and you will most likely lose some crops to stealing.

I asked my guildies repeatedly to not steal Ancient Seeds from other guildies, but i keep on hearing about guildies continuously stealing. I have to be the peace maker over and over because of the anger and arguing this event causes. So many have already deleted many on their frineds list.

Cut the non-spenders some slack and fix this event please. I am a spender but I have many non-spenders in my guild.

Many that play this game are not hardcore gamers who are extremely observant to everything going on and pay attenntion to every aspect in which they can win. They are simple people who just look for a place to spend some casual time.

I'm telling my guildies to save every Ancient Spirt they can get their hands on in hope that the GMs/PMs stop this BS and add another event or two. I can easily tell them to not bother with this event because it is not worth it. Instead, I tell them to hang on in there.

I hope this doesn't end up to be just another event to try to force non-spenders to start spending money on balens. If they wanted to spend money on balens, they would have already done it by now.

Love what you do and do what you love.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedApr 11, 2013 9:59 am
ToBeFeared wrote:
I am a guild leader in one of the Top guilds on Server 2, and this event is causing me more frustration then a game should cause anyone. I hope you GMs/PMs pay attention to my post and not just wave it off as someone raging.

Although it is easy to get lvl 4 farm, in reality most people still do not have a lvl 4 farm on server 2.

Lets be real, you can't always be available when your seeds mature and you will most likely lose some crops to stealing.

I asked my guildies repeatedly to not steal Ancient Seeds from other guildies, but i keep on hearing about guildies continuously stealing. I have to be the peace maker over and over because of the anger and arguing this event causes. So many have already deleted many on their frineds list.

Cut the non-spenders some slack and fix this event please. I am a spender but I have many non-spenders in my guild.

Many that play this game are not hardcore gamers who are extremely observant to everything going on and pay attenntion to every aspect in which they can win. They are simple people who just look for a place to spend some casual time.

I'm telling my guildies to save every Ancient Spirt they can get their hands on in hope that the GMs/PMs stop this BS and add another event or two. I can easily tell them to not bother with this event because it is not worth it. Instead, I tell them to hang on in there.

I hope this doesn't end up to be just another event to try to force non-spenders to start spending money on balens. If they wanted to spend money on balens, they would have already done it by now.  

Whether spender or non-spender... people need to take responsibility for their own events. The devs have provided the means to get the mount. It IS possible. People should stop complaining and accept that things wont be given on a silver platter, some effort needs to be put in.

Yes it's hard but it is possible, and that is what matters, compared to the pig mount which was completely impossible without spending.

As for planting the seeds, you'd actually be surprised by how many people do actually have a level 4+ farm, yes - even on Server 2 which has been open for 4 months now which is plenty of time to get to level 5 or even 6 farm if you use your vouchers wisely. And when collecting seeds, take a note of when the crops are due to pop (you can either calculate this from the crop maturity time - the %age decrease given by that farm level or merely rely on the time stated when the seeds are planted. Remember that if you have a level 2+ farm the seeds will take less than 12hr to mature. Set an alarm to remind you to check your farm a couple of minutes before they're ready. Make sure you don't plant the seeds when you know you will not be able to get on to collect them. If people camp your farm, camp them back and/or delete them (although personally I do not agree with camping as every player has a right to the opportunity to pick their crops first if they're online to do so).

But if, knowing how "precious" this crop is a player doesn't even bother to be online when they are ready, then they have no one to blame but themselves if they are stolen.

Finally, these events are set by the devs, Aeria GMs/PMs do not have control over the quests so there is no reason to keep blaming them for the design of these events - which are PURPOSELY supposed to be a challenge to achieve. If they were easy, then they might as well send everyone the top reward in our mail at the end of the month without bothering with the event altogether.

Aeria.Mazinger

Aeria: Product Manager
Aeria.Mazinger
PostedApr 11, 2013 2:26 pm
RollaR_50248 wrote:
ToBeFeared wrote:

Whether spender or non-spender... people need to take responsibility for their own events. The devs have provided the means to get the mount. It IS possible. People should stop complaining and accept that things wont be given on a silver platter, some effort needs to be put in.

Yes it's hard but it is possible, and that is what matters, compared to the pig mount which was completely impossible without spending.

As for planting the seeds, you'd actually be surprised by how many people do actually have a level 4+ farm, yes - even on Server 2 which has been open for 4 months now which is plenty of time to get to level 5 or even 6 farm if you use your vouchers wisely. And when collecting seeds, take a note of when the crops are due to pop (you can either calculate this from the crop maturity time - the %age decrease given by that farm level or merely rely on the time stated when the seeds are planted. Remember that if you have a level 2+ farm the seeds will take less than 12hr to mature. Set an alarm to remind you to check your farm a couple of minutes before they're ready. Make sure you don't plant the seeds when you know you will not be able to get on to collect them. If people camp your farm, camp them back and/or delete them (although personally I do not agree with camping as every player has a right to the opportunity to pick their crops first if they're online to do so).

But if, knowing how "precious" this crop is a player doesn't even bother to be online when they are ready, then they have no one to blame but themselves if they are stolen.

Finally, these events are set by the devs, Aeria GMs/PMs do not have control over the quests so there is no reason to keep blaming them for the design of these events - which are PURPOSELY supposed to be a challenge to achieve. If they were easy, then they might as well send everyone the top reward in our mail at the end of the month without bothering with the event altogether.  

Thanks for all of your comments.

To be honest, I was presently surprised by how the developer designed this month's event.

We will relay your concerns and opinions to the developer so they can design the event for next month accordingly.