ilovenathalie

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Grand Fantasia messes with my Internet.

So I have pretty good Internet, 30mb/s download, 3mb/s upload. And nothing's wrong with it, until I start playing Grand Fantasia. I get random disconnects(my entire Internet, not just GF) and it lags really badly, spikes up to 10k ms or more. Does anyone know what can cause this?
Advertisement

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedApr 01, 2013 10:20 pm

Re: Grand Fantasia messes with my Internet.

ilovenathalie wrote:
So I have pretty good Internet, 30mb/s download, 3mb/s upload. And nothing's wrong with it, until I start playing Grand Fantasia. I get random disconnects(my entire Internet, not just GF) and it lags really badly, spikes up to 10k ms or more. Does anyone know what can cause this?  

If you're using ignite/akami, those are known bandwith stealers. Grand Fantasia does have a memory leak issue and will have to be closed and restarted often (around every 2 hours is safe). Try reinstalling Grand Fantasia using a GF Mirror to keep from using Akami and Ignite.

Further, make sure you're not using Skype, Pando Media Booster, and the like, as they too suck bandwith.

If your whole laptop lags while playing GF, check your drivers, hard drive health, that windows is updated....etc. Make sure you're running GF in admin mode and have GF allowed through your firewall and AV settings (as this sometimes can trigger lag if certain packets aren't being allowed through).

ilovenathalie

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 4:12 am
It's only Internet lag, and I can play with just GF open and nothing else, even closed Ignite and it still lags. It's allowed through my AV and I'm running in admin mode. But it often starts to lag right when I start playing it too. I'll try using the GF Mirror though and see if that works.

ilovenathalie

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 3:12 pm
Nope, doesn't work. I'm still really laggy And do you mean Akami or Akamai?

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedApr 02, 2013 4:01 pm
ilovenathalie wrote:
Nope, doesn't work. I'm still really laggy And do you mean Akami or Akamai?  

Whichever is spelt correctly x3. I try not to use external programs to "help" GF other than Game Booster.

Have you tried clearing your cache? CCleaner is a great program to do so. Try to also defrag as well.

ilovenathalie

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 6:11 pm
I don't know whichever is spelled correctly, I have 2x Akamai netsession in my tasklist, is that what you're referring to? And I clean my cache regularly.

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedApr 02, 2013 6:25 pm
ilovenathalie wrote:
I don't know whichever is spelled correctly, I have 2x Akamai netsession in my tasklist, is that what you're referring to? And I clean my cache regularly.  

Yeah, that saps bandwith like crazy. I actually have my firewall to block it if it ever tries to start.

ilovenathalie

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 6:59 pm
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.

ilovenathalie

Rank 0
PostedApr 11, 2013 2:43 pm
Well I'm still really laggy at times. Even when turning stuff off. I don't get disconnects any more, though. But I keep dying because of this lag.

sIink

Rank 4
sIink
PostedApr 11, 2013 2:50 pm
ilovenathalie wrote:
Well I'm still really laggy at times. Even when turning stuff off. I don't get disconnects any more, though. But I keep dying because of this lag.  

Are you playing on a laptop, by any chance? If you are, make sure it isn't overheating, which does cause major lag that you'd notice not just in a game, but in other applications as well.