sleep9223

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:11 pm
Hmm so quick to judge, well call me an old fool but as someone who's been on both sides of this issue in the past I just thought I'd throw in my two cents. Gears is right it's not in our hands to decide, what will be will be.
Advertisement

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:32 pm
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
If the device is jailbroken they probably can't be banned. I was an in game moderator for some Tap4Fun Games and banning people didn't work if they were jailbroken they could just change their ID and create a new account. It's quite annoying to deal with especially with spammers in chat rooms.Though their current accounts can be banned you can't keep them from playing. Though we also ran into one hacker who was able to Ban Moderators and GMs from the game. That kinda sucked.  

Wow, that's discouraging. O_o

vitamea73

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 1:30 am
For some of you guys out screaming for your pound of flesh, do you know exactly how this bug works or the exact effects? e.g. Can it happen to you passively when someone adds you? Does the extra numbers give you more stats or assists? How do you trigger it? Can you trigger it unaware?

Unless you do, better to leave it to the game admin.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

vitamea73

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 1:45 am
I mean, I'd bet it was intentional too when you have 100+ friends but since I am seeing +1 to +100++, I have no idea what is what. Let the GMs sort it.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedApr 03, 2013 10:44 am
The bug in question could happen randomly, but it could also be done on purpose.

Now, as I saw my name listed in there I'd like to clarify one thing. I was requested, by Aeria, to validate the bug and its effects. This was solely to report the bug in greater detail so that Aeria could get a better grip on it.

As GearsOfFate mentioned above, the exploit is fixed (so it's impossible to recreate the bug), but the Friends are still showing the improper amount. Give it some time before this is fixed.

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedApr 03, 2013 10:26 pm
vitamea73 wrote:
For some of you guys out screaming for your pound of flesh, do you know exactly how this bug works or the exact effects?  

Each friend added gives you +3 stat points so 20 extra friends equals 60 extra points to distribute.

e.g. Can it happen to you passively when someone adds you? Does the extra numbers give you more stats or assists? How do you trigger it? Can you trigger it unaware?  

Like any bug, I'm sure it can happen accidentally, so if you see someone who has 26/25 friends then it's reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The folks in this thread all had this "accident" happen to them dozens of times though and we're talking half a dozen people in the same guild experiencing the same accident to boot - the benefit of the doubt is seriously strained at this point.

vitamea73

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 2:21 am
Yes but my point was even within that guild, you can see from +1,+2, +8 + 20 to +111. Where do you do the cut off then?

Posted By Aeria Mobile

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedApr 04, 2013 7:08 pm
Figure out how rare the circumstances are that create the bug - they're obviously exceptional as otherwise half the player base would have an extra friend or three. Once rarity is established then odds quickly weed out the cheaters from the genuine accidents.

Let's say that the odds of this bug are 1/10 - obviously extremely low as it would mean that 10% of the player population would have it. To have that bug happen twice to the same player the odds jump to 1/100, three times is 1/1000, ten times is 1/10,000,000,000.

Considering how rare the bug is it's pretty safe to say that the odds are a lot higher, more like 1/100 or 1/1000.

So what are good odds for you?

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedApr 04, 2013 8:03 pm
The bug is now fixed, and the stats are now removed.

vitamea73

Rank 0
PostedApr 05, 2013 12:37 am
I was the one asking you for the cut off cos I have no idea! Anyway unless the bug is a pure random glitch you won't have the same probability for all. Say it triggers because you hit the back button fast, some people who don't add frens that way will have zero chance while those that do encounter it more. Anyway if its fixed now, good. Hope aeria can fix all the confusing typos and network issues now.

Posted By Aeria Mobile