How Do Trials Work?

Call drops? What do?

United we stand. Divided we fall.
Advertisement

HP.Lemon

Rank 1
HP.Lemon
PostedApr 01, 2013 12:50 am
The calling-drops system was implemented by the community to better manage how loot is distributed, since the nature of the class-change system can make claiming items otherwise complicated.
Typically, a person says 1/2 items that they'd like to roll "Need" on (1 or 2 depends on the group/trial; you're more likely to see 2-call groups in the 65/70 trials than in the 50/55/60 ones from my experience), and someone makes a list of what items have been called and by who. The items that you call are expected to be the only items you would roll "Need" on, and everything else, you'd roll "Greed." Rolling "Need" on an item that you did not call can have severe reputation consequences (people are sometimes deemed "ninjas" for rolling Need on an item that another player has otherwise called; people don't like having players like those in trial groups, as the appeal of trials is typically the rare drops gained)
There can be other rules depending on the party (such as no double-calling to prevent loot competition, you're only allowed to win one item via Greed rolls, or calling a certain item in a 2-call group will count as two calls). If in doubt, ask first.
If you don't know what drops in a given place, this link should cover a majority of the special drops. (change the "50" in the link to whatever level trial you're working on for different lists besides the L50 one)

As for actual trials themselves, the tactics on how to complete each dungeon are different depending on the trial. If it's your first time in a given trial, or you are unfamiliar with it, it wouldn't hurt to ask your party for details.

GhostRavenstorm

Rank 0
GhostRavenstorm
PostedApr 01, 2013 1:19 am
Do players still run unlimited dungeons at these levels? All I see in peer is trial parties. Also would trials even give xp since they're revisits to dungeons like Vileshark or are they just for equipment? I only care about leveling until I hit max on everything.

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedApr 01, 2013 4:22 am
GhostRavenstorm wrote:
Do players still run unlimited dungeons at these levels? All I see in peer is trial parties. Also would trials even give xp since they're revisits to dungeons like Vileshark or are they just for equipment? I only care about leveling until I hit max on everything.  

Ever since the new limited dgn system was implemented, people run unlimited dungeons less and less. People still do it of course, but you might not see it as often as in the lower bracket.

Trials do give exp, but every member in the trial would have to be within 5 lvls of the trial lvl to get the full amount of exp. However, I don't recommend running a trial just for the sake of exp. The primary purpose of a trial is to obtain gold gear. They also tend to take a fair amount of effort to complete, and might require good gear and teamwork. Not to mention that there are some trials, such as shale, where its popular to "skip" all the mobs and run straight to the bosses, effectively minimizing the amount of exp you could get per run anyway. And speaking of runs, you can only run trials 10 times a day, so its not exactly the most spammable way of gaining exp.

Finally, just a warning about rushing to the level cap. I've seen too many players that try to get lvl 70+ as fast as they can without focusing too much on their gear. Then, after hitting that level they go to do end-game pve/pvp and find that they are extremely undergeared for that level. What I'm trying to say is, don't forget to think about your gear as you level.

GhostRavenstorm

Rank 0
GhostRavenstorm
PostedApr 02, 2013 7:29 pm
Okay this whole trials thing REALLY has me pissed off. Someone please explains how do I even get into a trial dungeon because apparently the lv50 peer is too busy jerking each other off to explain anything and I just get kicked from the team. What a trash community! Can I just make a new character and lock it at 49?

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedApr 02, 2013 7:39 pm
o_o

Mmk so to enter a trial you have to have completed the main quest for the normal dungeon counterpart. Ex: to get into Angor trial you have to have finished the main quest for the lvl 10 dgn angor first. Then you have to go to aven, and find the trial npcs. They are located at the right of aven near the arena npcs, up the stairs. Talk to the npc that corresponds to the trial you want (the lvl 50 npc will be the one on the far left). Click "Enter trial" and you should be teleported in. Note that you need a party to enter a trial and that for the 8mans, that party needs to be a raid.

GhostRavenstorm

Rank 0
GhostRavenstorm
PostedApr 02, 2013 7:49 pm
Good to know. At least there are still some helpful people out there. I'm done with trials though. Everyone in lv50 peer is a bellend in sapphire. After being kicked 5 times for asking questions, no one wants you on their team. Making new character and changing servers.

DarkFaithPT

Rank 0
DarkFaithPT
PostedApr 02, 2013 7:50 pm
GhostRavenstorm wrote:
Okay this whole trials thing REALLY has me pissed off. Someone please explains how do I even get into a trial dungeon because apparently the lv50 peer is too busy jerking each other off to explain anything and I just get kicked from the team. What a trash community! Can I just make a new character and lock it at 49?  

Is it really their fault that you didn't read the quest that explains you how and where to run a trial...?

GhostRavenstorm

Rank 0
GhostRavenstorm
PostedApr 02, 2013 7:58 pm
DarkFaithPT wrote:
GhostRavenstorm wrote:

Is it really their fault that you didn't read the quest that explains you how and where to run a trial...?  

I did read it and it still doesn't excuse the rudeness. Nothing was working so I asked questions. Apparently that's frowned upon.

Black.Lilium

Rank 0
Black.Lilium
PostedApr 02, 2013 8:00 pm
1. If you have a certain Trial in mind, like Ulta for example, you can say "LFP UltaT - -insert your class(es) here-" and wait for people to invite you.
2. If you see someone in Peer asking for members like "LF#M -insert Trial here- - Tanks/healers/DPS/Illu", pm them and they'll invite you. They'll probably ask for your class if you haven't told them yet.

(-insert Trial/class here- is just how I say... well, -insert Trial/class here-... You don't actually type that. You type the class(es) you'd like to go as or the Trial(s) you'd like to do)

Most likely, you'll be joining Trial parties through the 2nd way. Note that when 3v3 Arena is up, the parties going to Trials decrease a lot. Monster Battle Arena, GvG, TW don't affect it that much.

Now, actually getting into the Trial. The NPCs that teleport you into the Trials are located above the Arena Turtle NPCs, so left of the staircase. The NPCs have the Trials organized by Lv. All 50s with 1 NPC, 55s with another etc. Remember to obtain the specific Trial quest. That quest isn't necessary but it's nice to have since its reward is an Alpaca Something Something (Gem Metal, King Jade, or whatever it's called)

I'm from Sapphire and 50-59 Peer isn't really like that... o.o 98% of the time, they kick people from parties if they Ninja or leave when their call doesn't drop/DC forever during the Trial. The other 2% is if there's a party member who is really against new people or deeply hates you (yeah happened to me lol). I'm sure there are people willing to help explain the simple stuff about Trials in Peer though.

If you're actually thinking about creating a new character and sending it to camp at Lv49, don't delete your main. 40-49 Peer has it's own advantages and disadvantages and it's better to just send an alt. character there rather than your actual main.