JoybuzzerX

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 6:55 am

Re: male class...

smeagols wrote:
i dont care how much flame i get from this coz there will be lots but i hope a GS or GM sees this...

IF a male class gets added to this game i will be wanting my money back or AP refunded. simple as that it will be false advertising.  

They never said it was female only. Also, the fact that the rumor of a male class was known long before you bought anything, and that you continue to play, would mean you already knew what you were getting into.
Advertisement

nuklearwinter30

Rank 0
nuklearwinter30
PostedApr 03, 2013 10:51 am

Male Class

Well if they do make a male class I'll at least try it. and if I like the mechanics and playstyle I"ll probably make it my main but that's just what I do anyway is pick a toon and class based on my own particular playstyle anyway. I actually look forward to this change to see how it impacts the story and combat tactics of the game. Also there are enough slots available to the class selection screen for 2 more classes and kinda interested in what they are going to put there.

tragedyBR

Rank 0
tragedyBR
PostedApr 03, 2013 11:03 am
julieloveingit wrote:
i find it stupid that people will quit over a silly male class, there was no false advertising either, I havent come across a line saying "females only", youre not mature enough if you cant handle a simple option in which youre not forced upon to choose, if you dont want that male the dont be the male, simple as that, nothing is changing, just something being added for more diversity, i dont see how this is bad thing to begin with to be adding a single male class, unless the male doesnt become as "revealing" as the females.  

I agree with you julie. NO ONE is forced to make a male toon. To each is their own in what they would like to play. Personally I will try any character they put out to me just to try it and see how it goes. There are people that play the opposite s e x character, WHY, its because THEY CHOOSE to do so not because they are made to. From what I see is that they are ONLY doing it in KOREA for the time being. They are going to see how well it works with players there then work it into farther overseas players.
Yes there is MALE characters that are NPC's in the game. What the h e l l does it matter if there is males in the game. People need to stop thinking INSIDE the BOX and start thinking outside of it before they become overly defensive because of a NEW class POSSIBLY becoming to the game for us after Korea. NOTHING changes the way a player plays their character. Games Change.. WHY.... because it is the Makers and Designers choice to add more content as well as the ones that help keep up the maintenance on this game.
So who ever wants to complain about a change is down right ignorant and grow up.

ITS AN ADULT GAME, EXPECT IT TO CHANGE LIKE EVERY GAME THERE IS ON THE PLANET.

barutuc

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 1:37 pm
The reason people could be mad is the fact that the western version of the game being published by Aeria was marketed as going to have only female classes. So a chunk of current people playing were probably lured to the game for that reason. Also as to my knowledge there is no other mmorpg out there currently that has only female playable characters. Therefore it makes this game unique and if they add in the male class that uniqueness is gone out the window making the game like almost all other Asian mmorpg grind games, but with better graphics.

To address the argument that the only recourse people are threatening to use is quiting is wrong. As people have stated that they will boycott the male class in game by not helping them and not adding them to their groups. If this actually happens it could make people who have come for just the male character leave or consider not even bother trying the game if the class gets this reputation.

On a buisness angle one could say that if the majoirity of people or a large chunk of people who are currently playing the game are doing so because of the all female lineup of characters. If they leave Aeria and LivePlex could be hurt from this as they would be losing potential customers. The only way to make up for this loss would be hoping the increase of new people coming in for the male character would be equal or greater to that of the number of people who leave. Also on the chance that a boycott is successful there is potential to lose the people who have come for the male character.

Now I could see why that would make founders upset as they would have invested thinking that the game would only have female characters. Although it seems Aeria has made a nice loophole by making people pay for the founders pack with AP as they can then say that since it is stated that AP is non-refundable the founders can't get their money back. In other mmos usually a founders program payment is done by pure cash transaction so in theory you could get a refund from the company. Also since the founders have invested money into the game it would make sense to me that they should have some say into what happens to the game itself in the western version. So in some sort of fair deal for founders Aeria could do a pole for the male class and if it should be added to the western version and the only people who could participate in the pole would be founders.

12dashley

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 1:44 pm
The answer is simple... we kill the batman.

Yuumonmu

Rank 0
Yuumonmu
PostedApr 03, 2013 2:05 pm
12dashley wrote:
The answer is simple... we kill the batman.  

But no really. If they do add a male, and I'm being 100% honest here, no joke. They better give him the same treatment as the female classes. Bike animation, removing his underwear, sexy dances, cute emotes, barely clothed, the works. That will be the only way I'll love playing as him and making the game still feel more unique.

Well at least to me... I enjoy both worlds...

And I do get what smeagols is coming from, and I felt that way besides wanting to quit if it happens. But I don't think it would be so bad. I'll think it would be funny dancing naked as a guy in a PVP battle field. XD

KITEl.SS

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
KITEl.SS
PostedApr 03, 2013 2:21 pm
Yuumonmu wrote:

But no really. If they do add a male, and I'm being 100% honest here, no joke. They better give him the same treatment as the female classes. Bike animation, removing his underwear, sexy dances, cute emotes, barely clothed, the works. That will be the only way I'll love playing as him and making the game still feel more unique.

And I do get what smeagols is coming from, and I felt that way besides wanting to quit if it happens. But I don't think it would be so bad. I'll think it would be funny dancing naked as a guy in a PVP battle field. XD  

So you swing both ways >w>
I don't want to see no sausages hang..

RepentantDread

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 2:30 pm
I've seen a picture of this class, it looks totally badass. I for one am all for it.

Yuumonmu

Rank 0
Yuumonmu
PostedApr 03, 2013 2:46 pm
KITEl.SS wrote:
Yuumonmu wrote:

So you swing both ways >w>
I don't want to see no sausages hang..  

Heh, heh~ Too bad. I hope there's a shades face option and a pelvis thrust dance to make it awesome.

ghostcannon

Rank 5
ghostcannon
PostedApr 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: male class...

smeagols wrote:
i dont care how much flame i get from this coz there will be lots but i hope a GS or GM sees this...

IF a male class gets added to this game i will be wanting my money back or AP refunded. simple as that it will be false advertising.  

To best answer your question, please refer to the AGE Terms Policy. I would suggest that you search for the word "Refund" once you are in the Terms and go to each definition for clarification of you question above.

Good Luck!

Credit to [GS]Abso for the Siggy