mrdummy

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
mrdummy
PostedApr 01, 2013 8:01 am
If the game is designed with only female characters, you should know it if you read websites and check the screenshots.

Funny enough, many male players choose female characters.
And indeed, because adult level in the game, characters can go naked. I don't know how they hide something thick between legs when male characters are used... and even hide it away, slender males looks more girly without boots.

Don't forget the sexy and cuteness in the female part. Male chars don't attractive many players, and it's made from Korean studios. Which means females are always selling factor in korean mmo games.
More beautiful girls, more players. That is Korea.

Accept it, and don't cry. It's already running as Queens Blade mmo in Korea and i have not seen any male characters. You may have right, it's strange to see male NPCs in the game, because most NPCs are female. Perhaps they choose it because some dirty jobs or machines some NPCs do.

In one of the puzzles, we see one male surrounded by beautiful girls. Yeah, again one male used in the game story.

Technically, female or male, the combat system is still same. It's just only visual, thus i don't care much about males. You choose the game to play. If you don't like game content, don't play.

Advertisement

Wiesior

Rank 1
PostedApr 01, 2013 8:03 am
skull12580 wrote:
PandaRaja wrote:
skull12580 wrote:
smeagols wrote:
simple as that it will be false advertising.  

Could you perhaps elaborate on this more? Specifically, what advertisement are you referring to?  
I believe it may be this: http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/overview/features. The "Fighting Femme Fatales" part  

Nothing has been wrongly advertised if a male were to join the groups here, though. That is, it doesn't specifically say that it is only femme fatale, and thus does not constitute false advertising.  

If this class will be added in our version, I have no idea what is that if not false advertising.

julieloveingit

Rank 0
julieloveingit
PostedApr 01, 2013 11:32 am
i find it stupid that people will quit over a silly male class, there was no false advertising either, I havent come across a line saying "females only", youre not mature enough if you cant handle a simple option in which youre not forced upon to choose, if you dont want that male the dont be the male, simple as that, nothing is changing, just something being added for more diversity, i dont see how this is bad thing to begin with to be adding a single male class, unless the male doesnt become as "revealing" as the females.

barutuc

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 11:40 pm
Since I can't refer to a deleted thread as that would be an violation of forum rules. I will just say that it seems the male character is causing more problems then what it is worth if people go threw with their threats of quiting the game or boycoting the male class in game.

But as stated in a post already the game belongs to LivePlex and they can do as they wish with it. But the game is funded by the Scarlet Blade community and most likely enjoys a nice buffer from the Founder contributions. Therefore the game survives because of the community and the community exists because of the game.

IzludeTheFool

Rank 0
IzludeTheFool
PostedApr 02, 2013 1:08 am
As an owner of one, wangs are gross and I don;t want to see them in this game.

Mewmew

Rank 0
Mewmew
PostedApr 03, 2013 12:47 am
IzludeTheFool wrote:
As an owner of one, wangs are gross and I don;t want to see them in this game.  

You're not going to see dangling male parts. If you look at the design for the male character, he is completely covered up with armor all over (if he does indeed end up making it in this version too). He's so covered from head to toe you barely see any skin on him at all.

Luckily the game will probably get more new players coming in to play a male character than players that run off mad that they have to see guys (even tho there are already guy NPCs in the game so they have to see guys there anyway so what's the big deal).

There was never anything about the game that promised you it wouldn't evolve and change and get male playable characters. Online games are always subject to changing content, it's usually even mentioned in some agreement or other that we quickly click over.

There will still be "Fighting Femme Fatals" in the game even if they added a hundred males to play, so no, that's not breaking anything.

smeagols

Rank 0
smeagols
PostedApr 03, 2013 1:35 am
i certainly dont want to start hearing male groans and moans in pvp either

barutuc

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 1:55 am
One could argue that adding a male Arkana goes against what story/lore says. As in the "Story Thus Far" part of the official website it claims that males weren't suited for being used in the Arkana project and would have made for less optimal results in comparison to females. If you would like to read what I'm taking information from here is the link:

http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/overview/story/entry4

So if they were to add a male Arkana in theory wouldn't they have to make it not as powerful as the female ones so that they stick to the story they have made for the game?

Lucifyria

Rank 1
Lucifyria
PostedApr 03, 2013 2:15 am
barutuc wrote:
One could argue that adding a male Arkana goes against what story/lore says. As in the "Story Thus Far" part of the official website it claims that males weren't suited for being used in the Arkana project and would have made for less optimal results in comparison to females. If you would like to read what I'm taking information from here is the link:

http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/overview/story/entry4

So if they were to add a male Arkana in theory wouldn't they have to make it not as powerful as the female ones so that they stick to the story they have made for the game?  

Male class is already confirmed for the Korean version of the game. It however is not confirmed for the Western version.

That being said, the Lore does indeed allow for males to be added. If you read the Lore, it mentions that there were male subjects, but they found female Arkana to be better in their experiments. But the fact is, there were male Arkana made. That information would still be somewhere in Mother's databanks.

The lore on the Korean website for the Chaser preview talks about the "old project being revived" because of how poorly the war against the Narak is going.

All it takes is a quick look around the Queen's Blade website, and to the previews for the upcoming updates to see that they're working on a male class.

The only real reason people are so against a male class, is the fact they do not want to see a scantily clad male running around everywhere.

Personally, being a straight female, I would absolutely love to get some fanservice for once. Although I love my Shadow Walker, I really like the idea of having a half-naked male toon. Yes, I am a pervert.

I would link the past discussions, where the Aeria GM's confirmed the knowledge of a male class when writing the existing lore, but those threads were removed due to the heated arguments that arose between players that want a male class, and the players that don't.

There are also rules restricting information being posted.

But yeah. Google Chrome's translate feature + google search or just to straight to the Queen's Blade website, and stuff isn't hard to find.

*shrugs*

On Male Nudity You don't even get to see women's genitals in this game. Do you really think they'd let a male's sausage hang out? No. There would still be at least some sort of underwear/boxers. There has to be something covering him up, and it would have to be way more substantial than the way females are covered at the moment.

@OP. You bought AP, which can be used in any of Aeria's games. They're not going to refund it to you just because they expanded the content of a game, and you didn't happen to like the content. Threatening to quit their game isn't going to do anything either.

chris.aeria

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
chris.aeria
PostedApr 03, 2013 5:59 am
BTW, I would not use that pic to infer anything about how the character will be dressed.

The images are clearly of him in his level 25 armor (it even looks very similar to one of the SW ones), and cyberskins. There are no indications as to what he'll look like in Enocia when he's killing Scourge Beetles.

As for me, I have no problem with it. There's plenty of eye candy in this game for hormone-crazed males. I see no reason why the girls can't have some eye candy of their own.

If the male class bothers you that much, don't play him. Pretty sure he will be a tiny minority in terms of characters. You might go hours at a time without even seeing one.