AtomicChicken

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 1:00 pm
oSkOrpion wrote:
AtomicChicken wrote:
oSkOrpion wrote:
Hello!

I have a question. Many, many users have used fake e-mails in order to create secondary accounts. What happens if these users cannot change their password because they either forgot which e-mail they have used, forgot the password to their e-mail; or simple, have used a non-existent e-mail to register.

then you send a ticket or you are doomed  

But isn't this a 'forced' password reset procedure? If what I understand is correct then, so many people will be losing their accounts.  

False
When you send a ticket to retrieve a lost account, they ask for your i.p thats pretty much what they need.
o wait, they also ask for the original email so LOL
Advertisement

GSMarkus

Rank 0
GSMarkus
PostedMar 31, 2013 1:05 pm
I am doomed. I dont remember emails. Can somebody help me? I need to two account.
GSMarkus (present) and markus.maximus(main for game)

Edit: PLease, i dont want to lose ranks, friends and all this cuz of update. I always log in by name. Can GM send me PM with my Emails, is it possible?

oSkOrpion

GameSage: Soldier Front 2
oSkOrpion
PostedMar 31, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Forced Password Reset

Due to the Security Update.
You don't seem to understand what I'm saying, Atomic. If people can't access their accounts because of what Aeria is forcing them to do, then many people will lose their accounts unless Aeria is ready to deal with this issue. So in other words, this is a good thing to do, but the company should be aware of the fact that many users have used fake e-mails which will double up the amount of tickets they receive daily due to this issue.

There goes the good and bad about this.

GMGreywulf wrote:
Hi Players,

If you are unable to access your account suddenly, please be aware that we have possibly forced a reset to your password for security issues, and for your best interest. The following thread is under General Announcements, but if you have not read it, please click the link.
[/color]

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedMar 31, 2013 1:10 pm

oSkOrpion wrote:
You don't seem to understand what I'm saying, Atomic. If people can't access their accounts because of what Aeria is forcing them to do, then many people will lose their accounts unless Aeria is ready to deal with this issue. So in other words, this is a good thing to do, but the company should be aware of the fact that many users have used fake e-mails which will double up the amount of tickets they receive daily due to this issue.

GMGreywulf wrote:
Hi Players,

If you are unable to access your account suddenly, please be aware that we have possibly forced a reset to your password for security issues, and for your best interest. The following thread is under General Announcements, but if you have not read it, please click the link.
[/color]

they send a ticket tell them they had a fake email?

Kyunikeon

Rank 5.1
Kyunikeon
PostedMar 31, 2013 1:13 pm
But I love my password... ;__;

GMGreywulf

GameMaster: USA
GMGreywulf
PostedMar 31, 2013 1:31 pm

oSkOrpion wrote:

GMGreywulf wrote:
Hi Players,

[/color]

For players that have forgotten their email address, or other, please send us an email to our Contact Center. Once this has been done, we can better assist with the recovery of the account.

facebook7e

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 1:36 pm
so what is the best way to tell them, you used a fake e-mail? my account has another password and i have no idea how to get it back

can you guys help me please?

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedMar 31, 2013 1:40 pm
facebook7e wrote:
so what is the best way to tell them, you used a fake e-mail? my account has another password and i have no idea how to get it back

can you guys help me please?  

I guess u could answer at some of this questions

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1851471

facebook7e

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 2:13 pm
wasn´t hacked, this forced password reset just happened...
and it was a fake e-mail so i dont know how to get him back...

iDeta

Rank 4
iDeta
PostedMar 31, 2013 3:29 pm
oSkOrpion wrote:
Hello!

I have a question. Many, many users have used fake e-mails in order to create secondary accounts. What happens if these users cannot change their password because they either forgot which e-mail they have used, forgot the password to their e-mail; or simple, have used a non-existent e-mail to register.

Seeing that this is a 'forced' password reset procedure.

Well, if they go to Settings > Account, they can see the email they registered, and if that email is not in use, they can make that email,