GMGreywulf

GameMaster: USA
GMGreywulf
PostedMar 31, 2013 12:41 pm

Forced Password Reset

Due to the Security Update.
Hi Players,

If you are unable to access your account suddenly, please be aware that we have possibly forced a reset to your password for security issues, and for your best interest. The following thread is under General Announcements, but if you have not read it, please click the link.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1940275

Content of thread below:
Superman0X wrote:
About a year ago Aeria initiated a force password reset for our users and throughout the year we noticed this greatly helped with account security. As a result we would like to give you this friendly reminder to please reset your Aeria account password. You should never re-use a password (i.e. your new password should not be the same as the old, nor should it be one you have used elsewhere). We are continuing to make changes on our end that will help with account security, but this is one simple change that you can make for yourself.  

Here are the steps on how to reset your password(Please make sure you're not logged into the AGE site on any account prior to following the steps):

1. Go to the Aeria Games Website @ www.aeriagames.com

2. Click the "Login" button located in the upper right hand side of the screen.

3. Next click the "Forgot Password?" link that is right above the login button.

4. Supply either your Username OR your email address and press send, this will send a new email and allow you to reset your password. (NOTE: only valid emails will work AND the email must be associated with the account you are trying to retrieve.)

If you are still having issues, please Contact Us.

(Please refrain from changing your password manually through your profile settings as it doesn't directly update the password in game.)

Advertisement

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedMar 31, 2013 12:49 pm
So we must change ur pw?

AtomicChicken

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 12:50 pm
spacefire11 wrote:
So we must change ur pw?  

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedMar 31, 2013 12:54 pm
AtomicChicken wrote:
spacefire11 wrote:
So we must change ur pw?  

oh sorry didn't read good Smile

y1NYang69

Rank 4
y1NYang69
PostedMar 31, 2013 12:55 pm
if we can log into our aeria games acct right now then we dont need to do anything?

oSkOrpion

GameSage: Soldier Front 2
oSkOrpion
PostedMar 31, 2013 12:55 pm   Last edited by oSkOrpion on Mar 31, 2013 12:57 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Hello!

I have a question. Many, many users have used fake e-mails in order to create secondary accounts. What happens if these users cannot change their password because they either forgot which e-mail they have used, forgot the password to their e-mail; or simple, have used a non-existent e-mail to register.

Seeing that this is a 'forced' password reset procedure.

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedMar 31, 2013 12:57 pm
y1NYang69 wrote:
if we can log into our aeria games acct right now then we dont need to do anything?  
i guess so, but always good to change ur pw

AtomicChicken

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 12:57 pm
oSkOrpion wrote:
Hello!

I have a question. Many, many users have used fake e-mails in order to create secondary accounts. What happens if these users cannot change their password because they either forgot which e-mail they have used, forgot the password to their e-mail; or simple, have used a non-existent e-mail to register.

then you send a ticket or you are doomed

AtomicChicken

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 12:58 pm
spacefire11 wrote:
y1NYang69 wrote:
i guess so, but always good to change ur pw  

i have a universal pw for all my accounts, so if someone managed to get my pw kudos to them & have fun being me

oSkOrpion

GameSage: Soldier Front 2
oSkOrpion
PostedMar 31, 2013 12:58 pm
AtomicChicken wrote:
oSkOrpion wrote:
Hello!

then you send a ticket or you are doomed  

But isn't this a 'forced' password reset procedure? If what I understand is correct then, so many people will be losing their accounts.