Rank 2
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:03 pm
.DontCaeria. wrote:
WoIfff wrote:
.DontCaeria. wrote:
WoIfff wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
WoIfff wrote:
Well guyz let's make it clear. When we made seeds "how we see it" (good players in team made your team higher) it was said we are biased and we seed how we like.

When we didn't seed, players said we make the brackets easy for admin teams, or we put 2 good team to face each other in early stage to make them loose.

When we make clear how we seed ( TOP4 last tour = TOP 4 Seeds ) it's "unfair because good teams don't have a game in 1st round"

So tell me, how you would do it.

Not to mention that ESL AVA Forums thread about seedings has 1 suggestion about it.  

I would register all the teams into brackets and randomize it. If there is an odd number of teams, give a random team a bye. I think this would keep things as unbiased as possible, and keep things interesting as well.  

Had this way, so then it's:

" When we didn't seed, players said we make the brackets easy for admin teams, or we put 2 good team to face each other in early stage to make them loose. "  

Here's an idea, don't let admins play in tournaments they host!

Why where they even allowed in the first place? It's like the person that chooses who the leader of a nation get's to be also is running to be the leader.  

Because there would be no leagues for AVA if players wouldnt host it (CGO/ESL/UCG/MED/).  

So you're saying admins HAVE to play in their own tournament or it wouldn't exist? Wow that makes perfect sense.  

Where did I said that they HAVE to play?
Advertisement

AzaiusShadow

Rank 1
AzaiusShadow
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:05 pm
Would you rather have new teams play crackheads in the first round?

Also would you like to see a brand new team, who has no idea what they're doing, play against a previously winning team, on livestream in the finals?

Seems you'd complain either way.

enmu12

Rank 2
enmu12
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:16 pm
for all u derpy new teams out there; ESL hosts casual cups, where top 3 teams cant participate in. Want us to complain about that now? But u wont, cuz ure one of the other teams, right?

Inarcadian

Rank 2
Inarcadian
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:17 pm
Old stories, warmed up, still tastes like feces.

I'm sure everyone is looking forward to an exciting finals game between Crackheads/Reves versus XYrandom (wouldn't happen anyway, loser brackets and stuff).

Anyway, same cast, same old story. 1/10

No surprise that we don't see any of the guys claiming nonsense and making up stories they heard from hear-say from whatever source, in any tournament or place higher than 2nd round.

For all of you who have soooo much problem with how seeding in eSports work, go play the casual cup where you belong.

.Potpourri

Rank 3
.Potpourri
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:23 pm
I am so lost. Isn't this how all AVA tournaments have been set-up since the beginning of time?

Reminder to check your privilege daily

xKonsta

Rank 2
xKonsta
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:27 pm
.Potpourri wrote:
I am so lost. Isn't this how all AVA tournaments have been set-up since the beginning of time?  

All e-sports tournaments are like that.

.Potpourri

Rank 3
.Potpourri
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:28 pm
xKonsta wrote:
.Potpourri wrote:

So...the problem is?

Reminder to check your privilege daily

enmu12

Rank 2
enmu12
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:33 pm
.Potpourri wrote:
xKonsta wrote:
.Potpourri wrote:

So...the problem is?  

These guys that have been playing maple story or barbie lost in wonderland, and just came to a.v.a to start playing esl dont seem to like it.

kwelie

Rank 2
kwelie
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:59 pm
enmu12 wrote:
.Potpourri wrote:
xKonsta wrote:
.Potpourri wrote:

So...the problem is?  

These guys that have been playing maple story or barbie lost in wonderland, and just came to a.v.a to start playing esl dont seem to like it.  

"hahahaha"

happy now BRO?

slimeyava

Rank 3
slimeyava
PostedMar 30, 2013 6:02 pm
Wow people on these forums are not only bad at the game, but have no experince watching any competitive sport.

EVERY tennis/soccer/e-sport tournament has seeds. The fact is, if you are good you will win every game and seeding doesn't matter. Losers will go home.

Arguing over seeding is pathetic, and not only that, but its obvious the top teams should get seeded ahead if any team is going to be put ahead. Why put a random team ahead? The top teams get their advantages, and there is NO problem with that.