Rank 5.1
.DontCaeria.
St Vincent And St Vincent And St Vincent and The Grenadines
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:51 pm
spacefire11 wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
just because nubs and forumstars are mad about it Smile  
lol wut.... u serious?  

It's funny how people think being active on the forums makes us bad at the game Razz

Advertisement

iDeta

Rank 4
iDeta
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:51 pm
juntunen.tapio wrote:
.DontCaeria. wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
iDeta wrote:
WTFake wrote:
They would win their 1st round opponent anyway...

Edit: They have earned their seed anyway by doing good before.  

Incorrect, they weren't round skipped, that means they would possibly vs themselves earlier... It's pretty bogus how they get skipped up.  

LOL. It's not bogus at all. You are just ignorant on how professional sports / e-sports set up their tournaments / brackets.

The only way the top teams could possible play against each other is if there was no seeding at all. But like ALL other tournaments and sports, we seed the teams based on earlier results.

So this is not something the ESL made up or invented to benefit the best teams. Let's take tennis for example. The best players play tournaments and they accumulate points. In the future tournaments they get seeded in the bracket according to their points total. Same goes for hockey: they play the regular season, and then seed the teams according to that.  

How is that even a popular method of running tournaments? Who cares if they did well before, they should have no problem doing well again and winning matches.

It sounds to me like "pro" teams just don't want to risk losing earlier in the game.  

That's how it works in every professional e-sports league and we ain't gonna change the standard system just because nubs and forumstars are mad about it Smile  

I love how you come here calling me ignorant, simply stating my opinion. Honestly ever big sport (Such as tennis) I have ever seen, they've never seeded and skipped people ahead.

juntunen.tapio

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:55 pm
iDeta wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
.DontCaeria. wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
iDeta wrote:
WTFake wrote:

Incorrect, they weren't round skipped, that means they would possibly vs themselves earlier... It's pretty bogus how they get skipped up.  

LOL. It's not bogus at all. You are just ignorant on how professional sports / e-sports set up their tournaments / brackets.

The only way the top teams could possible play against each other is if there was no seeding at all. But like ALL other tournaments and sports, we seed the teams based on earlier results.

So this is not something the ESL made up or invented to benefit the best teams. Let's take tennis for example. The best players play tournaments and they accumulate points. In the future tournaments they get seeded in the bracket according to their points total. Same goes for hockey: they play the regular season, and then seed the teams according to that.  

How is that even a popular method of running tournaments? Who cares if they did well before, they should have no problem doing well again and winning matches.

It sounds to me like "pro" teams just don't want to risk losing earlier in the game.  

That's how it works in every professional e-sports league and we ain't gonna change the standard system just because nubs and forumstars are mad about it Smile  

I love how you come here calling me ignorant, simply stating my opinion. Honestly ever big sport (Such as tennis) I have ever seen, they've never seeded and skipped people ahead.  

Well the skipping only happens if there are not enough teams to fill up the bracket. The site cup system automatically gives bye for the top teams if there are not enough participants (for example if there are 2 open slots, it gives the 1st and 2nd seed bye). So this is not even something made manually by the admins, and is done in other sports / game leagues as well. The admins don't think " hey let's give the best teams free wins so they get ez pz access to later round"

It's just how the system works in any tournament with seeding, an universal standard.

.DontCaeria.

Rank 5.1
.DontCaeria.
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:56 pm
juntunen.tapio wrote:
iDeta wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
.DontCaeria. wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
iDeta wrote:
WTFake wrote:

Well the skipping only happens if there are not enough teams to fill up the bracket. The site cup system automatically gives bye for the top teams if there are not enough participants – so this is not even something made manually by the admins. The admins don't think " hey let's give the best teams free wins so they get ez pz access to later round"

It's just how the system works in any tournament with seeding, a universal standard.  

If they didn't think that, they would randomly pick a team to pass to the next round. How would it make sense to DQ a team because they haven't played in the tournament before.

juntunen.tapio

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:58 pm
.DontCaeria. wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
iDeta wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
.DontCaeria. wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
iDeta wrote:
WTFake wrote:

Well the skipping only happens if there are not enough teams to fill up the bracket. The site cup system automatically gives bye for the top teams if there are not enough participants – so this is not even something made manually by the admins. The admins don't think " hey let's give the best teams free wins so they get ez pz access to later round"

It's just how the system works in any tournament with seeding, a universal standard.  

If they didn't think that, they would randomly pick a team to pass to the next round. How would it make sense to DQ a team because they haven't played in the tournament before.  

Well like I told you, the site system automatically gives bye to the top seeded teams if the bracket lacks participants. Nothing the admins could do about it even if they wanted to, it's just how it goes universally! And it's not just the ESL, but it's the same in ANY professional e-sports (or normal sports) league / cup.

iDeta

Rank 4
iDeta
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:59 pm
The site itself doesn't do it.

They can choose the brackets themselves. Honestly, I bet you're in one of the teams that got skipped.

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:59 pm
.DontCaeria. wrote:
spacefire11 wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
just because nubs and forumstars are mad about it Smile  
lol wut.... u serious?  

It's funny how people think being active on the forums makes us bad at the game Razz  
WHy he got so mad at all forumer... i mean is that how u act like a ESL ADMIN?

.DontCaeria.

Rank 5.1
.DontCaeria.
PostedMar 30, 2013 3:00 pm
juntunen.tapio wrote:
.DontCaeria. wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
iDeta wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
.DontCaeria. wrote:
juntunen.tapio wrote:
iDeta wrote:
WTFake wrote:

Well like I told you, the site system automatically gives bye to the top seeded teams if the bracket lacks participants. Nothing the admins could do about it even if they wanted to, it's just how it goes universally!  

Let me guess, you only support this because you're on one of the teams that gets free rounds by this ruleset?

juntunen.tapio

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 3:00 pm   Last edited by juntunen.tapio on Mar 30, 2013 3:01 pm. Edited 1 time in total
iDeta wrote:
The site itself doesn't do it.

They can choose the brackets themselves. Honestly, I bet you're in one of the teams that got skipped.  

ROFL. I'm the guy who generated the brackets so I think I would know a little bit better than you.

For the next cup I'll be more than happy to record the procedure if you want to continue making claims out of your own head.

juntunen.tapio

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 3:01 pm
And no, I didn't even play in the cup.