Arimori78

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 7:34 am

Nation and Races? Confused, help.

Hi all, got a query here hope someone can shed some light on it.

Understand we have nations, Bellator / Maquina / Sanctus
and 'races', Corsair / Bounty Hunter / Gypsy

As normal routines go, they should be paired respectively as above.

But there are some cards having a mix.
For eg. Bellator Gypsy - Ebony (taking her as an example

And have different skills like +cannons.
One such skill I'm curious about is +cannons to specific 'race'
(actually I noticed except for offworlders, +cannons always label to all/corsair/bh/gypsy

So for the above example, Ebony will not get +cannons eg. Dashing Ruby / Goddess Madame Patricia since their skills is labelled +cannons to gypsy?
Doesn't this make Ebony a Corsair instead?

Or are we having typos within the game that no one really noticed?

Thanks~
Advertisement

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 30, 2013 9:45 am
It's a poor translation on Aeria's side.

If you look at the Brawl Tips page (during a Brawl), you will notice that the words "Corsairs", "Gypsies" and "Bounty Hunters" are used twice. And that's the poor translation part.

The first mentioning of these refer to Types (such as Drifting Sorcerer Ebony, which is a Gypsy).

The second mentioning of these refer to the Nations and Skills, where it tries to explain that +Gypsy cannons will only apply to Sanctus Pirates etc.

I have suggested a fix to reword these things already, but for now you just have to keep in mind that Skills will always refer to the Nation and not the Type.

vitamea73

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 3:58 am
Rosstein wrote:
It's a poor translation on Aeria's side.

If you look at the Brawl Tips page (during a Brawl), you will notice that the words "Corsairs", "Gypsies" and "Bounty Hunters" are used twice. And that's the poor translation part.

The first mentioning of these refer to Types (such as Drifting Sorcerer Ebony, which is a Gypsy).

The second mentioning of these refer to the Nations and Skills, where it tries to explain that +Gypsy cannons will only apply to Sanctus Pirates etc.

I have suggested a fix to reword these things already, but for now you just have to keep in mind that Skills will always refer to the Nation and not the Type.  

Ok thanks. It was driving me bonkers! That means stuff like mermaids n humitas with gold background and no nation, get NO SKILL benefits except for All Attack +10 then?

vitamea73

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 4:00 am
How about the 'rock paper scissor' bonus? E.g. Corsair beats gypsies beats bounty hunters.

Is that type or nation dependant?

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedApr 01, 2013 4:33 pm
that is type dependent, not nation dependent.

vitamea73

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 9:23 pm
Thanks for the info Gears. So this just boils down to typo in the cannon skill description, i.e. it should be Sanctus +1 and Bellator +2 cannons instead of gypsy +1 and corsair +2.

Posted By Aeria Mobile