xkokin

Rank 2
xkokin
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:49 am

Are harm pearls really all they are said to be or not?

curiousity about the harm pearl and whether what everyone thinks bout it is true
Are harm pearls really the best output for damage? Whenever i see people doing 6k or 7k a hit with their hits and then i see they have all harm pearls. I can't help but wonder if they could hit harder.

So i used myself as an experiment for this little venture for the past 47 levels. Using no harm pearls to get my damage. A lot of the time i'm hitting harder or the same as most people using harm.

Started wondering if how you build your character could be better than using harm pearls for damage.

And yes most the players i've compared the damage to use roughly the same buffs as me. O.o

If you're going to preach about how all harm is great please excuse yourself. That is not the question i need answered.
Advertisement

.Dark.Maiden.

Rank 3
.Dark.Maiden.
PostedMar 30, 2013 7:59 am
Harm gives more damage than offence when you pow and offence always gives you damage unlike harm

I hope it helps x.x

KatKat1231

Rank 2
KatKat1231
PostedMar 30, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Are harm pearls really all they are said to be or not?

curiousity about the harm pearl and whether what everyone thinks bout it is true
xkokin wrote:
Are harm pearls really the best output for damage? Whenever i see people doing 6k or 7k a hit with their hits and then i see they have all harm pearls. I can't help but wonder if they could hit harder.

So i used myself as an experiment for this little venture for the past 47 levels. Using no harm pearls to get my damage. A lot of the time i'm hitting harder or the same as most people using harm.

Started wondering if how you build your character could be better than using harm pearls for damage.

And yes most the players i've compared the damage to use roughly the same buffs as me. O.o

If you're going to preach about how all harm is great please excuse yourself. That is not the question i need answered.  

I think that having a balance of harm and offense will give you the greatest damage output possible.

Ariakyo

Rank 1
Ariakyo
PostedMar 30, 2013 10:44 am

merp o.o
Oh yeah o3o
At times when i could afford different pearls, I had also tested myself for the difference of harm pearls in comparison to offense pearls. (Okay, actually I was bored that day and felt like doing random stuff =3=) But anyway, xD when i had equipped a harm pearl in place of a offense, my damage on people did increase x: and yet sometimes I wonder how or what harm and offense pearls have on the damage system. Like does Harm add more damage to your pow and does offense give more initial damage to your pow Dx?
Really though I am a confuzzled in this type of thing :c
Therefore, I'm just kinda leaning on both sides x:

xkokin

Rank 2
xkokin
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:01 pm
how many harm pearls did you put in? O.o ik when your offense changes even in the slightest your damage increases noticeably, same with if your luck is raised. the one time i ever tried using harm pearls my damage went down. O.O

Ariakyo

Rank 1
Ariakyo
PostedMar 30, 2013 5:58 pm
Hrm o.o at first it was a slv1 harm; not much of an increase. O: then with the slv1 i also added a slv3 in place of a slv3 offense and there was a difference of damage D: but another addition that can add difference is how some weapons have a greater initial of harm then you're typical voucher/** weapons :3
and and do you know of some like erhm e.e i dont know the word for it but shows how harm and offense can affect damage o.o
And I would try experimenting again but well xD Im so coinless =3=
oh yeah and another thing o3o
wouldn't armor and defense pearls be the same thing like harm and offense xD?

.Dark.Maiden.

Rank 3
.Dark.Maiden.
PostedMar 30, 2013 6:57 pm
Ariakyo wrote:
Hrm o.o at first it was a slv1 harm; not much of an increase. O: then with the slv1 i also added a slv3 in place of a slv3 offense and there was a difference of damage D: but another addition that can add difference is how some weapons have a greater initial of harm then you're typical voucher/** weapons :3
and and do you know of some like erhm e.e i dont know the word for it but shows how harm and offense can affect damage o.o
And I would try experimenting again but well xD Im so coinless =3=
oh yeah and another thing o3o
wouldn't armor and defense pearls be the same thing like harm and offense xD?  

When someone pierces you, it pierces your defense and not your armor

xkokin

Rank 2
xkokin
PostedMar 30, 2013 7:01 pm
shield is your armor though lol. when they pierce you it pierces both O.o that's what makes being pierced so painful.

Ariakyo

Rank 1
Ariakyo
PostedMar 30, 2013 7:42 pm
Lolz I had a feeling it was something like that, but doesn't hurt to ask xD
but on to the next part O:
Is there someway to calculate how harm and offense affects damage o3o or something like that o.O i remember seeing something of the like but i cant recall where e.e
meeh Dx

xkokin

Rank 2
xkokin
PostedMar 30, 2013 7:46 pm
if i recall right offense and luck maximized harm. if you added harm pearls it threw off the ratio. obviously agility helps dmg either way so it doesn't matter what you use. but all harm on it's own is just dumb O.o