Keyren

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:11 am

Delete a character

Hi guys I'm new (I hope to do well), I wanted to know why, in the character selection screen, when I go to delete a character, because some are deleted immediately while others require 5 days? You can not remove this timer?
Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 30, 2013 5:54 am
There is a 5-day timer for your safety in case someone gets access to your account and deleted your character(s), you have 5 days to cancel the character deletion.

Burned - [Website][Forum Topic]

Keyren

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 6:16 am
yes,but why this method is not used on all characters?I want to delete my lv16 elf and the timer was appeared(5 days),while new character will deleted immediately._.

P.S. sorry for some grammatical error i'm italian^^'

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 30, 2013 6:25 am
Keyren wrote:
yes,but why this method is not used on all characters?I want to delete my lv16 elf and the timer was appeared(5 days),while new character will deleted immediately._.

Under a certain level the char deletion is instant, otherwise it require 5 days. Simply that.

There is a timer to avoid data loss whenever an account get compromised to bad situations (keyloggers, hacking, ecc..) so it's normal that a leveled character need some times (5 days) to be deleted.

Some other games used to be 7 or even 10 days. We are lucky to have it to 5, even if many people (me either) suggested to decrease it t 3 days, that is still enough.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedMar 30, 2013 6:46 am
Bryan.Fury wrote:
Keyren wrote:

Under a certain level the char deletion is instant, otherwise it require 5 days. Simply that.

There is a timer to avoid data loss whenever an account get compromised to bad situations (keyloggers, hacking, ecc..) so it's normal that a leveled character need some times (5 days) to be deleted.

Some other games used to be 7 or even 10 days. We are lucky to have it to 5, even if many people (me either) suggested to decrease it t 3 days, that is still enough.  

What Byran said is to the point.However if you would like a reduced timer you can always make a suggestion. It will be reviewed and possibly considered as this still is OBT (open beta testing).

Keyren

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 7:47 am
i see thanks for help^^ anyway I do not think it's a bad idea^^, I had come to the only doubt as to why some characters appeared the timer while others do not=)