verdohan

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
verdohan
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:17 pm

I you are going to make rules, PLAYERS, TELL us!

How about a little "heads up" if "you people" (players) are going to arbitrarily make new "ethics" rules for the dungeons in this game. I got my SW to 20 last night and with all the maint. and crap I finally logged in today and tried my first run at "Drasil". I did the solo run first and hit lvl21, came out and a party was looking for members, so I announced I was "nub " at it, and had never gone in a party before, having just finished it the first time alone, but I was game if they were.

We go in and it is a little confusing as people are just hitting crap, but I was doing well and was in the #2 damage slot for the party. Suddenly a dice pops up in front of me and said "Roll for it" or some crap like that and I hit the little button. WTF did I know!! I JUST DID THE DUNGEON FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, SOLO!!.

Anyways, I did not get that item, but I finally figured out that after every sub boss/ boss there is a loot thing.... I finally end up with a Medic Rare Weap., COOL!! some gold for me I thought. Well the party keeps killing crap and I am still in the #2 damage slot and we are about to hit the 1st floor and the dungeon boss and someone asks "who got the medic weapon?" Mind you, I am a SW and I am trying to kill crap, so I do not answer right away, then I garble type "I fgot uit" or something like that. Dude says "can I get that?" ..... I am thinking, that is kind of balsy to ask, but WTH, at the end, if I get another drop, sure I will give it to him, if not I will sell it cheap to him, but right then I type fast "Letsd, finshi the dunngepn first, the, we will takl" REMEMBER WE ARE STILL KILLING! and I am kinda happy being in the #2 slot my first team run.

"can you give it to me now?" .... he says, Finally I get pissed and stop so I can type right and say " Listen we can work this out at the end, I am not going to just GIVE it to you, but we can trade or something after" .....

They friggin kicked me!

Here we are almost to the BOSS of the dungeon, I am pulling my own weight, and because I didn't know and was not TOLD of some "only bid if it is your class gear" rule (I didn't know WTF I was "bidding" on!) .... I lost all that work on being kicked!

I played MANY games before this one, and I will tell you what, LOOT is LOOT and if you get it, it is yours, unless it is a guild thing or you are with friends.... I have NO problem following a "players agreement" but I need to friggin know about it first...

Rant Over....

I kept the dam weapon and hopefully someone buys it on the AH! Jerk!

Advertisement

bryanvdkimme

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:20 pm
you should know what your rolling on, just saying... just because you can roll doesnt mean you should, them kicking you is wrong perhaps, but the '' only roll if its your class'' is a general rule in alot of mmo's

runearch22

Rank 0
runearch22
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:22 pm
its common knowledge

verdohan

verdohan
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:22 pm
bryanvdkimme wrote:
you should know what your rolling on, just saying... just because you can roll doesnt mean you should, them kicking you is wrong perhaps, but the '' only roll if its your class'' is a general rule in alot of mmo's  

Not in anyone I have ever played, and I have been playing a LONG time... I never even saw the name if the item, it was just a friggin dice in front of me. Is this some kind of WoW rule or something?

narutotazxx

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
narutotazxx
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:23 pm   Last edited by narutotazxx on Mar 29, 2013 10:24 pm. Edited 2 times in total
well then they should have class lock rule on if they dd not its the team leader fault for not doing that so the loot was up for grabs the person kicking you is just wrong for the there mistake

verdohan

verdohan
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:23 pm
runearch22 wrote:
its common knowledge  

Not so common! And what if I had a Medic? Which I do, just not leveled yet that high... am I not allowed to farm for my medic with my SW>?

verdohan

verdohan
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:25 pm
Furthermore.... WHY BOTHER doing a dungeon at all, if to not score loot to use or sell?

Kougen

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
Kougen
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:27 pm
This was the fault of the group leader twice over. I'd avoid that person from now on, and possibly post their name/server/faction to shame them publicly for not knowing how to run a team and set up loot rules.

verdohan

verdohan
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:30 pm
Kougen wrote:
This was the fault of the group leader twice over. I'd avoid that person from now on, and possibly post their name/server/faction to shame them publicly for not knowing how to run a team and set up loot rules.  

I will NOT be doing that, and I do not recommend ANYONE do that...

Thing is, I am a decent person, if they had just STOPPED killing and EXPLAINED to me the "rules" .... I most likely would have given the darn thing to the guy... or sold it to him for like 4 gold or something.... Tell me from the beginning so I know..... I mean I told them from the beginning I was NUB to the dungeon.

BAH!, just frustrated.

tefa8891

tefa8891
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:33 pm
Thats completely the leads fault loot can be set to class