unspunreality

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedMar 29, 2013 8:06 pm

If I delete a character, can I reuse the name?

Exactly as the title says. Someone said the name is gone forever, but I want a GM or someone to confirm if I can or cannot delete a character and have the name available for use. Ofcourse the name could be taken in that time, but still curious.
Advertisement

lady_cinia

Rank 0
lady_cinia
PostedMar 29, 2013 8:10 pm
I don't know the official answer, but I tried to make a character to placehold a name.

First off, it takes 24 hours to delete a character. Second, it's been about 48 hours from deletion and I still can't use the name.

I suspect, therefor, that the name is gone forever.

This makes Lady Cinia Cry.

tohsak

Rank 0
tohsak
PostedMar 29, 2013 9:08 pm
As I saw from several Q&A in this forum, when the name is used it will gone forever and will not available even you delete the character.

Crazed0ll

Rank 0
Crazed0ll
PostedMar 29, 2013 11:39 pm

happened to me

I deleted a char thinking i could make another with the same name .... Sad

Seiyuna

Rank 0
Seiyuna
PostedMar 30, 2013 1:50 am
tohsak wrote:
As I saw from several Q&A in this forum, when the name is used it will gone forever and will not available even you delete the character.  

Well, this answers the question I came to these forums to ask. My "preferred" name ended up on a class I found I didn't like, so I deleted it and (as is the case in nearly other MMO) intended to roll a different class with the same name. Nope! :/ What a terrible design decision. Is there any known record of GMs freeing up names upon request? Or am I boned?

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:43 am
Seiyuna wrote:
tohsak wrote:

Well, this answers the question I came to these forums to ask. My "preferred" name ended up on a class I found I didn't like, so I deleted it and (as is the case in nearly other MMO) intended to roll a different class with the same name. Nope! :/ What a terrible design decision. Is there any known record of GMs freeing up names upon request? Or am I boned?  

As far as I'm aware, no. But it never hearts to submit a ticket and request it just to see.

| [GS]Sylus - Valkyrie - Free Knights | Post your Valkyrie event ideas! |

KaiDestinyz

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 4:35 am
Does anyone know if this applies to Guild Names as well? If a guild is disbanded can someone else create that guild name?

ChibiViolet

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
ChibiViolet
PostedMar 30, 2013 5:07 am
Hello,

It has been stated in different threads that if you delete your character in an attempt to remake it, you will not be able to. It will state the name is already in use. This is also the case in Queen's Blade. Perhaps in the future there will be a feature implemented that wipes names from the server, but right now that does not exist. I sincerely apologize.

As for guild names, I'm not entirely sure. I've heard that it's possible to change guild leadership but that may or may not be a rumor. I'm not sure, sorry!

foxytemptation

Rank 0
foxytemptation
PostedApr 05, 2013 9:22 am
I wish i would have seen this earlier....

Deleted two characters that i didnt like the way they looked and wanted to remake with the same name =3=

but this should be fixed Mad i can see some bored jerk making an account just to burn names

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedApr 05, 2013 10:26 am
To clarify on name deletions...

If you delete a character that name is (currently) lost on that SERVER. You can remake the character on a different server, with the same name, if it's not already taken.

Ex:
I make CrushingEden on Venus and don't like the class. I delete the character. It is now locked out from Venus (as a name).
I switch to Andromeda and now CrushingEden is unlocked (provided someone else doesn't have the name).

^Tested and proven as I have CE on all 3 servers.