iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 30, 2013 10:50 am

No idea.
hevnlyangel wrote:
iBambi wrote:
Oh sorry, not sure where I read PayPal from that. All I can think of is either the card doesn't have the sufficant funds to pay for the chosen amount of AP, or the card can't do online payments. I know several types of "teenager cards" are limited and can't do online purchases.  

After checking with the bank, it turns out that there aren't any issues or limitations with my friend's card. Could the limitations be with my account, being that I can't purchase AP with a card that isn't under my name since it's my first purchase and during the limitation period?  

The limitation period shouldn't effect which card can be used for payments, neither should the name the card is under. Have you tried to pay through a different method? Like PayPal?

Advertisement

hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 11:11 am

No idea.
iBambi wrote:
The limitation period shouldn't effect which card can be used for payments, neither should the name the card is under. Have you tried to pay through a different method? Like PayPal?  

Got fed up with the card so I went out and bought a pre-paid card for 20 dollars to at least get the limitation period started. I haven't tried Pay Pal since I don't use it and neither does my friend. I should be limited on purchasing AP for the next 3 days then able to buy it freely even if I don't buy anymore AP during the limitation period, yes?

XsnipergirlX

GameSage: Soldier Front
XsnipergirlX
PostedMar 30, 2013 11:22 am

No idea.
hevnlyangel wrote:
iBambi wrote:

Got fed up with the card so I went out and bought a pre-paid card for 20 dollars to at least get the limitation period started. I haven't tried Pay Pal since I don't use it and neither does my friend. I should be limited on purchasing AP for the next 3 days then able to buy it freely even if I don't buy anymore AP during the limitation period, yes?  

Yes. After the 3 days are up you can buy as much AP and do as many transactions as u wish per day.

hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Error Code with PayPal.
So after some work, my friend set up a PayPal account so we could attempt to pay for the AP. This time when I tried to pay, it said Error Code: -901. I have no idea what that even means. Tried changing the amount and the thing it would take money from. Is this just a temporary thing or do I have to try and figure out another way to try and pay? Also, why does it seem like Aeria hates me? Or at least hates me giving them money?

hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Might have been rushing it.
Never mind, about the issue. I think it was just on our part. We had just set things up for the PayPal account and I think we were just rushing to use it too fast. I just tried it again and everything worked out fine and I was able to purchase more AP. I think I'm still limited on the amount I can buy until tomorrow though.

hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 9:48 am

About to start banging my head on a wall.
Alright, never mind that never mind. I thought the issue was with PayPal but everything with that is resolved and there are still issues with trying to pay. I try to use the PayPal Express and it gives me that Error Code: -901 and when I try with a Credit Card it says, "We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now" and return to merchant and try a different payment method. I'm pretty much running out of payment methods here and I'm not buying the amount I need with the prepaid cards since that would be a lot of tax. Is there anything else I can do or something that I'm missing?

lmaonade200

Rank 0
PostedApr 06, 2013 3:45 pm

About to start banging my head on a wall.
hevnlyangel wrote:
Alright, never mind that never mind. I thought the issue was with PayPal but everything with that is resolved and there are still issues with trying to pay. I try to use the PayPal Express and it gives me that Error Code: -901 and when I try with a Credit Card it says, "We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now" and return to merchant and try a different payment method. I'm pretty much running out of payment methods here and I'm not buying the amount I need with the prepaid cards since that would be a lot of tax. Is there anything else I can do or something that I'm missing?  

error 901 is supposedly a user side error, but really not sure :\ aeria is so adverse to first time purchasers (yes i know security blahblah, but it doesn't make the experience any better) that i wouldn't be surprised it that alone drive people away from buying AP

hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedApr 07, 2013 6:05 am

PayPal is Slow.
Finally managed to iron out all the issues with getting the AP I needed. Now I'm just waiting on the RT I sent to finish being processed and get the item I was trying to buy. Looks like the issue I was having was related to PayPal. Even though the account showed to be in good standing when logged into, we had to wait on an email that said it was in good standing.

faely

Rank 4
faely
PostedApr 07, 2013 7:53 pm

PayPal is Slow.
hevnlyangel wrote:
Finally managed to iron out all the issues with getting the AP I needed. Now I'm just waiting on the RT I sent to finish being processed and get the item I was trying to buy. Looks like the issue I was having was related to PayPal. Even though the account showed to be in good standing when logged into, we had to wait on an email that said it was in good standing.  

The -901 error is indeed a PayPal error, as stated here http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1601859. Even if you're not going through PayPal yourself, the credit card option through Aeria is through PayPal, so most types of errors you will get using a credit card will be something PayPal customer service would be able to help you with.

hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedApr 08, 2013 11:17 pm

RTs are unaffective!
iBambi wrote:
If there's a promotion you miss out on due this First Time Buyer limit, you can in an RT and choose Subcategory "Missed Promotions." They should be able to help you participate in the promotion even after the time passed, as the limit is something you can't help.  

This is BS. I sent in an RT about the "Missed Promotion" I spent a week trying to buy the amount of AP I needed for the item I missed. I explained about the limitation period and how I tried to purchase it on the final day and this is all they had to say in their reply:
Hello hevnlyangel,

Thank you for contacting support.

Unfortunately we do not see any suspensions on your account that would
have prevented you from purchasing the founder's packs during their posted
promotional times. Due to this we will not be able to make any
accommodations for the promotion. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for being a member of the Aeria Games and Entertainment
community, we hope to continue to provide the best game experience
possible.

Regards,
Team Aeria

When I replied to them about how there weren't any suspensions and it was a first time buyer issue on the final day, they simply replied with the exact same response. This is why I was asking questions on here so I wouldn't be pissed like I am now where I have AP for the item I wanted and nothing I want to spend it on but could easily find other things I would spend the money on.