hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 12:50 pm

First Time Buying AP

A question about the limit on the purchase of AP.
I was reading over the FAQ for the billing area involving AP. It says I'm limited to once a day on the first purchase for a new account. I've had my account up for a while and I planned on buy more than just the $50 of AP and wasn't sure if I was going to be limited still since it's my first purchase or of I would be able to buy more since my account has been around for a while now. If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it.
Advertisement

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 29, 2013 1:19 pm
You're still limited, even if your account isn't new. It's for everyone's first purchase(s)~

hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 2:41 pm
Well that puts a kink in my plans. No point in buying AP now knowing that I'm not going to be able to get enough in time.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 29, 2013 3:22 pm
If there's a promotion you miss out on due this First Time Buyer limit, you can in an RT and choose Subcategory "Missed Promotions." They should be able to help you participate in the promotion even after the time passed, as the limit is something you can't help.

hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Another question about the AP limit.
How does the limit work exactly? Is it a single purchase each day or does each purchase have to be 24 hours apart?

hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 12:29 am

An issue with buying AP and a question about an RT.
I have been trying to buy AP all day using my friend's Credit/Debit Card but everytime I try it tells me that it's unable to use that card for the transaction and to try another card. I don't think it's just being declined because of a lack of money since I tried different amounts. Is there any reason it's giving me issues about this?

I also need to ask about an RT. Should I submit the RT as soon as the promotion ends or should I send it when I have the appropriate amount of AP to spend?

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 30, 2013 12:34 am

hevnlyangel wrote:
How does the limit work exactly? Is it a single purchase each day or does each purchase have to be 24 hours apart?  

I'm sorry, but I'm not entirely sure about this one. As it says per day, I would guess it follows days and not 24 hours, but I can't confirm it for sure.

hevnlyangel wrote:
I have been trying to buy AP all day using my friend's Credit/Debit Card but everytime I try it tells me that it's unable to use that card for the transaction and to try another card. I don't think it's just being declined because of a lack of money since I tried different amounts. Is there any reason it's giving me issues about this?  

Make sure the Credit/Debit Card you're trying to complete the transaction has been confirmed on your PayPal. Review all the information to see if it's correct too. The one time I got this error, simply updating the information (even with no changes) solved it for me.

hevnlyangel wrote:
I also need to ask about an RT. Should I submit the RT as soon as the promotion ends or should I send it when I have the appropriate amount of AP to spend?  

Send it once your issues cleared up and you have the appropriate amount of AP for the promotion.

hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 12:39 am

iBambi wrote:
Make sure the Credit/Debit Card you're trying to complete the transaction has been confirmed on your PayPal. Review all the information to see if it's correct too. The one time I got this error, simply updating the information (even with no changes) solved it for me.  

It's not linked to Paypal in anyway. Was just trying to use it like a normal Credit Card. I didn't know it had to be linked to Paypal at all, I figured that a normal card would work.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 30, 2013 12:46 am

hevnlyangel wrote:
iBambi wrote:

It's not linked to Paypal in anyway. Was just trying to use it like a normal Credit Card. I didn't know it had to be linked to Paypal at all, I figured that a normal card would work.  

Oh sorry, not sure where I read PayPal from that. All I can think of is either the card doesn't have the sufficant funds to pay for the chosen amount of AP, or the card can't do online payments. I know several types of "teenager cards" are limited and can't do online purchases.

hevnlyangel

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 10:09 am

No idea.
iBambi wrote:
Oh sorry, not sure where I read PayPal from that. All I can think of is either the card doesn't have the sufficant funds to pay for the chosen amount of AP, or the card can't do online payments. I know several types of "teenager cards" are limited and can't do online purchases.  

After checking with the bank, it turns out that there aren't any issues or limitations with my friend's card. Could the limitations be with my account, being that I can't purchase AP with a card that isn't under my name since it's my first purchase and during the limitation period?