demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedApr 03, 2013 7:32 am

But we're not giving him the same stat allocation  

Then you've changed to equation to invalidate my example - you might as well say "Sure, we'll give an EQ account a bunch of level 90 epic raid gear but we'll only give the player a level 10 toon - see, even with all that super high level gear he still can't beat a more experienced level 9 toon."
Advertisement

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 7:58 am
It's not. Giving him gears stats and team would be like having a pro play his deck in magic for you vs a new player. Gears has earned his levels and experience and understands how they work. A new player doesn't and as such if given a pro deck should not be given the stats that the pro has chosen to play. That is up for the player to decide.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 8:02 am
Had I not learned from reading and other players id have assumed this game was similar to Global War where attack and defense effected the amount of damage. But they do not and a player who doesnt know that may put all their points into attack thinking it helps with damage.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

bazarglory2

Rank 0
bazarglory2
PostedApr 03, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks

anytime
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
BTW Nice butt kicking you delivered to us Glory Very Happy.

I know we'll que into you guys again soon. It's bound to happen with the rate we're both climbing at.  

Anytime you want Dlmeadows Wink

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedApr 03, 2013 10:12 pm
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
It's not. Giving him gears stats and team would be like having a pro play his deck in magic for you vs a new player. Gears has earned his levels and experience and understands how they work. A new player doesn't and as such if given a pro deck should not be given the stats that the pro has chosen to play. That is up for the player to decide.  

/shakes head

You honestly don't get it, do you?

Anyone can drop $1000 on chicken and gold pulls then level up to the point that they'd be able to put out a 10k a card attack team inside of a week and that person would be a top ranked PvP player in no time. It wont matter if he doesn't know how to mix and match them against other players because how many people out there have defensive decks that can stand up to five 10k attacks?

During the last event I was curious as to what kind of deck the top ranking player was using to have such an obscene number of kills under his belt - it consisted of five Drifting Sorcerer Ebony cards - that's five 9-12K attack cards (don't recall if they were gold) with 120% damage bonus against the boss each.

Where is the skill here?

I have no doubt that Gears has spent a lot of time playing this game and can explain how every special ability works, what cards work best against each other, how to min/max stats and decks and everything else that one would expect of a player who's invested a ton of time and money into the game, but unlike Magic, where a pro can still beat a nube if they trade decks, that's not happening here - a 6* card will always beat a 3* card no matter how l33+ the player of the 3* card is.

Sorry kid, but as I keep explaining, skill will make a difference in a closely matched fight, but it means nothing if David has to arm wrestle Goliath like he does in this game.

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 6:25 am
Kid? LoL I'm almost 30.

But you're wrong. I find it funny you compared Brawl Mechanics to Boss Mechanics.

Also a 3* can beat a 6 star with enough Cover Fire,Cannons,Type Bonus and Combo's. will take a bit of luck. But hey a newb can beat a pro in magic if the pro never draws anything useful.

Unless a player is stacking 10 Gold Atena's outside of the match there's always a chance to upset.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 6:37 am
Correction even a 1* can beat a 6 star with enough cover fire. With equal cover fire it becomes impossible.

10 Gold Athena should provide 26000 cover fire. Needless to say. Anyone not sporting 10k Cover fire will lose to a 1 cost pixie force.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

vitamea73

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 6:59 am
Bah! Using that kind of logic, even with same cover fire, I can think of 20+ full 6 star decks which will lose to 3 star decks.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 7:18 am
Problem I find is I don't know how it chooses what provides cover fire.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedApr 04, 2013 2:53 pm
Actually 10 gold athena provides 6630 coverfire, which get split amongst you cards (1326 each)

All 6 star cards have a base of over 4.7k stats, max of over 9.8k and gold of over 12.5k. They can't be beaten by coverfire alone.

However, there are some quite potent 4* cards than can compete with 6* cards if you build your crew right, as well as 5* cards that completely outclass every other card if your crew is built right.

Alas, unless your 3* cards are gold and the 6*'s are level 1, there's almost no chance of beating those cards.

dlmeadows2010 wrote:
Problem I find is I don't know how it chooses what provides cover fire.  

Coverfire is determined by the 10 highest stat cards that are not on your crew for that stat.
For your attack crew, it is decided by the 10 cards with the highest attack that aren't on your attack crew, and is 5% of their total combined attack.
For your defense crew, it is decided by the 10 cards with the highest defense that aren't on your defense crew, and is 5% of their total combined defense.