demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedApr 02, 2013 10:46 pm
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
My arguments may have seemed over exaggerated to you but they hold true. The best are the best for a reason.  

I'm afraid that you're incorrect yet again - here's why.

All of your examples are of people who are #1 due to personal skill.

While there is some skill in knowing what the max level and abilities of a given card are and rearranging your card order to take advantage of this, that only comes into play with two relatively evenly matched decks - in the end this game ultimately comes down to who has earned/bought the best deck.

Take the best player in the game and give him a deck of non-silver 3* cards and have him face off against someone who's never heard of this game before but has a deck of gold 6* cards - who's gonna win?

Your examples are all of people playing games where you're the best because of speed, agility and knowledge of the game - your fighting game champion was not the best because he went out and bought a $1000 joystick, he was the best because of speed, impeccable timing of attacks and blocks and the ability to recite every combo move in the game backwards in his sleep.

If your champion and I both put a quarter into MvC at the arcade and take the exact same characters it will come down to skill as to who wins - probably him as Dark Stalkers was my fighting game of choice.

But if he starts playing PM today and tries to brawl me at level 3 I'm going to wipe the floor with him, not because I can hit the brawl button faster or know the stats of every card by heart, but because I've played far longer and my deck is three times stronger then his.

Of course, if you had ever participated in or followed video games on a professional or tournament level you would know the difference between someone winning because they were more skilled and someone winning because they had a 40 level advantage on their opponent.
Advertisement

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 10:46 pm
Wrong Topic... IDK how
GearsOfFate wrote:

(h) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;  

Left hand side of the site. "Useful Stuff" link. Contains links to well over a hundred hacking tools.  

None of which are illegal

Nvm

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 10:49 pm
demona01 wrote:
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
My arguments may have seemed over exaggerated to you but they hold true. The best are the best for a reason.  

I'm afraid that you're incorrect yet again - here's why.

All of your examples are of people who are #1 due to personal skill.

While there is some skill in knowing what the max level and abilities of a given card are and rearranging your card order to take advantage of this, that only comes into play with two relatively evenly matched decks - in the end this game ultimately comes down to who has earned/bought the best deck.

Take the best player in the game and give him a deck of non-silver 3* cards and have him face off against someone who's never heard of this game before but has a deck of gold 6* cards - who's gonna win?

Your examples are all of people playing games where you're the best because of speed, agility and knowledge of the game - your fighting game champion was not the best because he went out and bought a $1000 joystick, he was the best because of speed, impeccable timing of attacks and blocks and the ability to recite every combo move in the game backwards in his sleep.

If your champion and I both put a quarter into MvC at the arcade and take the exact same characters it will come down to skill as to who wins - probably him as Dark Stalkers was my fighting game of choice.

But if he starts playing PM today and tries to brawl me at level 3 I'm going to wipe the floor with him, not because I can hit the brawl button faster or know the stats of every card by heart, but because I've played far longer and my deck is three times stronger then his.

Of course, if you had ever participated in or followed video games on a professional or tournament level you would know the difference between someone winning because they were more skilled and someone winning because they had a 40 level advantage on their opponent.  

You completely missed my Magic The Gathering Reference.

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedApr 02, 2013 10:52 pm
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
Wrong Topic... IDK how
GearsOfFate wrote:

(h) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;  

Left hand side of the site. "Useful Stuff" link. Contains links to well over a hundred hacking tools.  

Nvm  

Please read the TOS again. This part has nothing to do with legality.

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 10:57 pm
GearsOfFate wrote:
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
Wrong Topic... IDK how
GearsOfFate wrote:

Nvm  

Please read the TOS again. This part has nothing to do with legality.  

Good enough for me.I'll remove it.Since I can't control how people would use the material it's best if I do remove it.

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:00 pm
Thank you. Sorry it took so many posts and so much time to outline the issue!

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:07 pm
GearsOfFate wrote:
Thank you. Sorry it took so many posts and so much time to outline the issue!  

Not a problem. I always question authority. Mainly because I was military and I don't like blindly following anything without reasoning. So in order to make sure that people are informed of their job I'll question just to keep them on their toes until there's good enough reason to no longer question. Good catch though I completely zoned out on what was actually written there and just responded blindly.

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:11 pm
BTW Nice butt kicking you delivered to us Glory Very Happy.

I know we'll que into you guys again soon. It's bound to happen with the rate we're both climbing at.

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:59 pm
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
You completely missed my Magic The Gathering Reference.  

It was so far down I'm afraid that it fell into the category of "afterthought" on your part as your primary focus was on people who are #1 due to personal skill - they didn't belong in the discussion at all so you should have never included them.

If you had focused on Magic, which is deck oriented and therefore more closely related, you would have been in better shape, although still in a weak spot seeing as how knowing how to use and deploy the deck is just as, if not more important as the deck itself.

You give a novice player the deck of the best Magic player in the game and odds are that if he used a newby deck against said novice he'd still have a good chance to win because he knows how to use said deck.

But PM takes zero skill/XP to win a brawl with a 50k attack deck against a 10k defense deck.

Sorry, but skill and XP in this game only make a difference when the two decks are relatively equal - any deck above a certain ceiling is unbeatable no matter what the skill difference between the two players.

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 3:08 am
You're under the assumption that we're picking out the 5 Pirates that a newbie is going to defend with. We'd be giving him access to the cards of someone like Gears. But we're not giving him the same stat allocation or setup gears has. So without that knowledge of Card costs or how defense works how are we to know that he doesn't stack so much defense that he can be beat by all pixies for being over cost?

Posted By Aeria Mobile