locnite

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 9:38 pm
"I am quite contented with my life and do not have the aforementioned issues with self esteem. However, I am sorry that you sir or madam do seem to. It is as result of people like you that mediocrity is rampant in the world. Children’s sporting events no longer keep score. A grade of 60 is now sufficient to graduate. We have bred a generation of overly sensitive insipid debutant and they have elected you their leader. "

This is not about mediocrity nor it is about low grade of 60 sufficient to graduate. This is similar to the Oregon Ducks scoring 60 points while the opponent is a divisional II or III team with zero point. And the Ducks continue to score even more. That's bad sportsmanship!

If your guild is already winning by a huge margin, maybe you should slow down your attacks.
Recently, I was in a brawl. My guild had 50k points compare to the opponent with 150k points. They were leading at least 100k points. We can't catch up to them; however, they continue to attack us. I had 6 wins and 100 lost. That's 100 lost was one person attacking me repeatedly.

This is just a GAME. But come on, you're winning - YOU DON'T NEED TO continue to attack me to show domination or superiority.
Advertisement

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 9:55 pm
Good mate darklymocai, I appreciate your time to reply to this "rant thread".

My intention was that some players were taking advantage of the guild brawling system, as a method of quickly raising their own pirates. Of course, there are only a few players who do this so far, but I can name several players who "hops" between beginner guilds only to "farm" these cards for their own advantage. Naturally, groups of players will perform similar actions for their own benefits.

If I have offended you by using you as an example, I will sincerely apologize. Such was not my intention, and you can definitely take my word for it.

I also apologize that this thread was created in the spur-of-the-moment; I had "lost" to 5 other guilds including yours, which really made me lose my cool, and discouraged the majority of my guild to even brawl. One of our members even left, probably for personal reasons, but I'm guessing a small portion related to "not being able to win".

However, despite these confessions, I ask you to reminiscence on your actions:
You say you have done nothing morally wrong, but step into other player's shoes. In that battle, you earned a nice 10000 BP in a matter of minutes when the brawl started. With only me earning 80% of the brawl points in that brawl, how do you think our members felt?

Powerless, hopeless, "why bother trying?", and you name it. Me being higher ranked was my attempts to raise the self-esteem of my guildmates, which really didn't work out probably because of how many times I was hit.
Guild brawls do offer x2 the brawl points as normal brawling, but that's still not an excuse to terrorize a newbie guild just so you can climb your ranks quickly. Obviously, while you are "climbing the ranks" again, I'm sure we're not the only guild that felt like this.

What evidence is there that you won't use some other excuse to start afresh? None, but I still give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure as an intelligent human being, you'll keep your word on this aspect.
What I do know, however, is that you're making up bullsh*t about simply wanting to raise your guild level. With this brawl event and how you attacked my crew (Usage of two gold humitas and one strong assist for a 3-2 win with 35 attack cost), the two factors match up so conveniently that you cannot argue against it.

You are rightfully justified to become hostile at me, but that's not enough to insult me as the "leader of mediocrity". I may be a 20 year old college student, but I'm still independent from my parents, paying for my own private college tuition; unlike other 20 year old's in this country (This includes the fact that I'm not native to the US either). In addition, I beg your pardon as I state that I have equal, if not higher, level self-esteem than you; seeing how I feel sympathy (or rather currently, empathy) towards players who are repeatedly attacked, even in a game; and can manage to SOMEHOW restrict myself to attacking newbies once, despite my excess stock of kraken jugs I bought for this very purpose (/sarcasm)

locnite wrote:

If your guild is already winning by a huge margin, maybe you should slow down your attacks.
Recently, I was in a brawl. My guild had 50k points compare to the opponent with 150k points. They were leading at least 100k points. We can't catch up to them; however, they continue to attack us. I had 6 wins and 100 lost. That's 100 lost was one person attacking me repeatedly.

This is just a GAME. But come on, you're winning - YOU DON'T NEED TO continue to attack me to show domination or superiority.  

This is exactly what I'm trying to say in that huge post up there. Yes, I understand that you're trying to raise your guild level, but there's a reason why you cannot attack an opponent again in 8 hours, outside of a guild brawl. This is why I prefer free brawling over guild brawls; I attack someone, they have a shot at me back. No matter what the result is, each player is restricted from attacking again; isn't that what's really "fair"? (I'm shocked to hear "morals" from you, when that brawl was really 5 vs 1)

As a final word, I enjoy this as a game, as I do with every other ones. I believe you didn't even see my crappy rhyme above in your rage, and the fact that what's happened is happened. I delivered my message, and me being angry at anyone is just foolish of me.

P.S. Is it just me, or do I feel the greatest irony right now, in the world, from your crew's name?

locnite

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 10:08 pm
This is a rant thread. I just wanted relieve my frustration here without pointing fingers.
I am done ranting.

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedMar 31, 2013 11:07 pm

Not one person in my guild has broken any rules or committed an immoral act.  

I'm afraid that saying "I'm not breaking the rules" is pretty much on par with "I was just following orders" as the forums of various online games which allow PvP are full of posts making that exact same claim.

You're saying that you're actually decent people who aren't trying to exploit the game design so if that was the case then your reaction wouldn't be to justify your actions like you did, it would be to say "Ah shoot, I'm really sorry - we were just trying to rebuild and we didn't realize that our efforts were coming off like this - we'll slow down so that we don't come off as heartless gankers" - on other words, apologize and show some empathy.

But you didn't so you've unfortunately come off as sounding like every other ganker who's used that same argument.

Just say "We're sorry, we'll slow down a bit" (and actually do it) and then people will know that you're sincere.

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 6:28 am
PvP game GvG happened. You guys cry to much. Ganking happens deal with it. If they want to win 900k to 0 be happy they gained so many guild levels you wont see them again. But if they win 11000 to 10000 you're going to see them for a long time.

The stupidity in this thread is overly abundant. Especially with people calling it harassment and cyber bullying. LoL go outside kid. You've never seen any form of bullying.

It's sad that society portrays "Not" letting someone sit at your lunch table as bullying. Hey princess the world doesn't revolve around you.

Anyways back on point. If players want to terrorize lowbie guilds they are free to do so, theres no way to stop it. When you make pay to win games like this(Don't say it isn't cause you can sit at a low level with pretty much the best stats if you're willing to jug throw all day) Theres no way to stop from having a player with a smurf account.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 8:59 am
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
You guys cry to much.  

dlmeadows2010 wrote:
The stupidity in this thread is overly abundant.  

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 9:24 am
First Dictionary.com is as reliable as Wikipedia. It's not even an acredited source.

Secondly that could be said for Everyone playing the game. Every time you beat someone they are weaker than you. So unless your a pacifist you're a bully to someone else. So trying to say that a Rank 1 player farming Rank 2 is somehow different from farming rank 2000 makes no sense. Neither player has a chance if he's farming the person.

Third society isn't fair and balanced unless you're the most powerful people in the world the rest of the world is bullied by everyone else. So once again this bulky subject is stupid. You win,you lose. By how much doesn't really matter when you're playing a conpetetive game. If you can't handle it don't play.

No such thing as cyber bullying in a multiplayer game.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 9:54 am
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
First Dictionary.com is as reliable as Wikipedia. It's not even an acredited source.

Secondly that could be said for Everyone playing the game. Every time you beat someone they are weaker than you. So unless your a pacifist you're a bully to someone else. So trying to say that a Rank 1 player farming Rank 2 is somehow different from farming rank 2000 makes no sense. Neither player has a chance if he's farming the person.

Third society isn't fair and balanced unless you're the most powerful people in the world the rest of the world is bullied by everyone else. So once again this bulky subject is stupid. You win,you lose. By how much doesn't really matter when you're playing a conpetetive game. If you can't handle it don't play.

No such thing as cyber bullying in a multiplayer game.  

Hey there mate,

Sorry I'm being troll-y right now (props to anyone who gets the pun). I've just read way too many "pour cold water on burn" memes that I couldn't resist myself.
What I wanted to accomplish is done. My anger is now gone, so you trying to post your own opinions on a thread that was already resolved (at least in my eyes) is like overdosing a patient with drugs.

In addition, let me just take the time to say that you're only being cynical right now; cool your head a little and see if you can become a bit more reasonable. I don't know if you were part of the members I "dissed", but for now, I did not understand anything you just said; because this isn't a topic to discuss "farming another player", but to discuss "players abusing the game for their own benefit"

Obviously, a paying player will have advantages. I have no problem with that. Obviously, I'm not the highest ranking player (and thus, will lose on occasions). I have no problem with that. If I don't like the system, I won't play, but if I see someone gaining an unfair advantage over others, I will point it out.

What is the social definition of bullying? To be honest, I think it's the following: "The conscious degrading of others based on factors including intelligence, abilities, or background". According to what we've gathered up so far, the guild I've mentioned have done this, and you sir, are also doing it as well. You are literally telling the weaker players to "Suck it up and deal with being the stronger player's punching bag". That's pretty much the pinnacle of bullying in my definition.

Finally, I understand you are typing this on a mobile device, but my OCD (aka, grammar ****) is rampaging around me.

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 10:03 am
It's a video game as well as the internet. You can't be bullied. You can only be beaten. 1 or 10,000 times. So, yes telling a new player to suck it up is what they should do.

I'm tired of playing games watered down to cater to the carebears who don't like competition or can't hang because they suck. Then whine on forums all day to Devs begging for changes. If you don't like it don't play. Coming on the forums asking for changes means you're unhappy. Go play something else.

They really need an edit button for Aeria mobile.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 1:04 pm
So uh... What makes you think that I suck at brawling?

Let me be clear: I LOVE freebrawling. I just got attacked by a crew with the name of "VoidReaper's Crew" and lost. Despite this loss, I'm happy because he really showed me, JUST BY BRAWLING, that a few points in my defense is weak that allowed him to win 3-2. I've fixed that, and in order for him to beat me again, he'll have to use a better crew.

I'm going to assume that with your boastful claims, you are at least Level 50 in the game, while being high ranked in terms of both attack and defense. But what did you do to gain all those nice pirates you have in your crew? You probably spent money for them.

Usage of "Watered Down", therefore, is not the right phrase for you, good sir, when you purchase gold for enhancing your pirates.

Of course on the other hand, if you don't fit these crude assumptions, you should well realize that "watering down" is probably something you need, since you probably would lose to me, who apparently "sucks at brawling".

Swallow that pride you have; no one likes a boastful person including myself, and it's more pleasing to the eye to see an altruistic person than someone like yourself.

Finally, the forums or the ticketing system is the only plausible ways to directly contact the GMs. Why else would there be a bug thread or a suggestion thread in this forum?

P.S. Yes, I am bullying you with this post.