itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 12:52 pm
GearsOfFate wrote:
To be honest, I've hit people multiple times on many occasions, albeit not low level players as my guild never comes into contact with them in gvg. I do it to build up my BP, propel my guild forward and earn some pence for enhancements. Or to create consequence for those farming our lower level members. Humitas aren't terribly useful to me as I'm such an old player. I've also accumulated a few hundred losses as they have absolutely zero impact on the game, so they don't matter to me.

Because there is a battle royale event going on, yes people are going to hit others a lot, and repeatedly, for a chance to win the card. It's to be expected. They likely made that guild in order to compete in the event.  

I understand that I'll be hit most of the time since attacking me gives the most brawl points. I'll be honest and admit that I was playing the act of "meat shield" for my guild, since I can just tank all the hits and my guild can focus on attacking instead of panicking about people spamming them.

I admire your reasoning, Gears, because that's exactly what I did in an MMORPG game called "Mabinogi", where me and several other players would harass the living daylights out of PvP spammers, to discourage any form of abuse; many online games depend highly on the attitude of the highest leveled players, and I'm glad that PM has someone like you being its "guardian".

Towards GMZoser, I sincerely appreciate your reply despite the fact that you are already busy from creating new events for the playerbase. It is your efforts on the forums that works to keep me playing and spending on this game, and I apologize for my previous posts sounding very hostile.

As a final note, please let me say the following:
You win some, you lose some.
You might win big, but more often than not, you lose big.
That's the game of life, and everyone plays it...
So I don't complain until someone starts to rig (as in, cheat).

Yes, I know this is a crappy rhyme XD
Advertisement

barnster6969

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:25 pm
Wow! It is great to see not only one of the top players respond but the GM as well. I have been playing about two months now and love the game. Much different than the canned formats of LoC, GS, etc.

It's good to get this feedback, especially with situations like this.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

vitamea73

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 11:47 pm
One reason (ok I did it before) for wanting many kills is for the pence. I couldn't care less about my win/loss ratio but enhancing 5 star and 6 star cards for combos eat pence fast so it was a fast way to get pence for me.

And no, I wouldn't do it to a newbie, those were lv30 and above targets.

I agree that if we like this game, we need new players. Irritating them away is not good for the long term environment of PM. As it is, I think we have too little real players, it seems 9 of 10 (maybe more) characters are alts for farming. I see some names like xxxx51 or yyyy11 to yyyy53, seems like some guys create over 50 alts for farming! That's dedication for you!

Posted By Aeria Mobile

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 9:49 am
vitamea73 wrote:
One reason (ok I did it before) for wanting many kills is for the pence. I couldn't care less about my win/loss ratio but enhancing 5 star and 6 star cards for combos eat pence fast so it was a fast way to get pence for me.

And no, I wouldn't do it to a newbie, those were lv30 and above targets.

I agree that if we like this game, we need new players. Irritating them away is not good for the long term environment of PM. As it is, I think we have too little real players, it seems 9 of 10 (maybe more) characters are alts for farming. I see some names like xxxx51 or yyyy11 to yyyy53, seems like some guys create over 50 alts for farming! That's dedication for you!  

I'd have to agree with you. One of the guilds I faced TWICE in a row (the player changed the name of the guild to avoid detection, probably) consisted of 10 members with the SAME male name, albeit with different numbers or prefixes. Of course, these members are the exceptions to my rule above, so I obliterated the daylights out of his multiple accounts. Hopefully, that teaches him a lesson not to farm newbies as he wanted to.

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedMar 31, 2013 1:38 pm
That's right, forgot about the "every kill is a raffle ticket" event going on.

There's an easy way to minimize that behavior without adversely affecting the player base - make it so that during guild brawls you don't get anything other then brawl points for anything past the fifth kill, whether it's five different players or the same person five times - no raffle tickets and no money - that takes away some of the incentive for newby nuking while not overly affecting most players in the brawl.

This wont slow down the low self esteem crowd, but since it doesn't matter whether you have 1 win or 1000 wins in brawls...meh.

RephinEX

Rank 0
RephinEX
PostedMar 31, 2013 2:02 pm
demona01 wrote:
That's right, forgot about the "every kill is a raffle ticket" event going on.

There's an easy way to minimize that behavior without adversely affecting the player base - make it so that during guild brawls you don't get anything other then brawl points for anything past the fifth kill, whether it's five different players or the same person five times - no raffle tickets and no money - that takes away some of the incentive for newby nuking while not overly affecting most players in the brawl.

This wont slow down the low self esteem crowd, but since it doesn't matter whether you have 1 win or 1000 wins in brawls...meh.  

Doing that kills off an entire way of playing the game, and that will cause a lot of people to stop playing. Let me explain.

For the players who buy gold, killing the same person 5 times can net a moderate attack crew between 5k-20k BP depending on certain factors (strength of attack, target's level, etc.). For players who don't buy gold and rely on pixie spamming and farming weak defense players, 5 attacks on a person will earn only a fraction of that. Maybe 1k-2k, tops.

What does that mean? It's pretty simple. In Guild Brawls, the strongest Guild will win, hands down, no questions asked. There are three kinds of Guilds in the game right now - Guilds that just overpower opponents with big attacks (AngelWing, etc.), Guilds that primarily rely on faerie/low Attack cost spamming tactics (Dauntless, Vongola, etc.), and Guilds that are kind of a mixture of both (Harlots, Verve, etc.). Eliminating spamming tactics will effectively kill off the second type of guild and the mixed type lose half their efficiency. That leaves the pure power players, who spend money on the game and can effectively hit for a lot in 5 attacks, winning every single time in every Guild Brawl from now to eternity.

While I am part of that minority that does overpower opponents, I will definitely play the Devil's Advocate here and say that taking out spamming tactics will lower the overall health of the game dramatically. The players who don't spend on gold or spend very little on it effectively lose their chance at winning anything or earning enough BP for their Guild to get anywhere, and that just widens the gap between free and paid players by too much. Free players will stop playing in droves after seeing that they have no chance against players who spend money, and in turn the paid players will have no competition. The game gets boring.

While I don't like the tactic myself, kill spamming is an integral part of this game and I feel that it should remain the way it is.

[Eclipse of AngelWing] Pirate Maidens - Putting the CURVY in SCURVY!

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedMar 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Doing that kills off an entire way of playing the game, and that will cause a lot of people to stop playing.  

I think you missed the important part -

you don't get anything other then brawl points for anything past the fifth kill  

So as you can see, even if your tactic is to win guild brawls by getting lots of little kills instead of just a handful of big ones (or something in between) you still get the brawl points for every kill, you just don't get extra pence or raffle tickets.

RephinEX

Rank 0
RephinEX
PostedMar 31, 2013 6:24 pm
demona01 wrote:

Doing that kills off an entire way of playing the game, and that will cause a lot of people to stop playing.  

I think you missed the important part -

you don't get anything other then brawl points for anything past the fifth kill  

So as you can see, even if your tactic is to win guild brawls by getting lots of little kills instead of just a handful of big ones (or something in between) you still get the brawl points for every kill, you just don't get extra pence or raffle tickets.  

Boy did I miss the reading comprehension train there! Hahaha~ :3 My fault. But really, that just kind of invalidates the last statement you made in your argument.

demona01 wrote:

1000 spam wins still matters a lot in a brawl. Not earning any pence or tickets is just a moot point if your goal is to win the GvG and earn the super-good EXP Humita and Harpy from it. Even if your pence supply is cut off after 5, you don't need as much when you're enhancing with those all-stars.

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedMar 31, 2013 6:52 pm
RephinEX wrote:
1000 spam wins still matters a lot in a brawl. Not earning any pence or tickets is just a moot point if your goal is to win the GvG and earn the super-good EXP Humita and Harpy from it. Even if your pence supply is cut off after 5, you don't need as much when you're enhancing with those all-stars.  

Guild brawls pay out the same whether you win by 1 or 1000 - if ganking a newby 100 times keeps these people from torturing animals to feel better about themselves then so be it.

I'm thinking along these lines more for saving people their pence (nothing like getting ganked 100 times then trying to enhance a card only to discover that you've got zero pence) and keeping the PvP raffles relatively fair.

That said, another good solution would be to arrange guild brawls based off of the relative attack points of the two guilds rather then their respective levels. So if a level one guild full of relatively new players only has 1k attack points (just pulling numbers out of the air to make my point) they'll only fight level one guilds in their strength range, rather then a level one guild full of level 50 players that has 10k attack points.

While this might create a minor disadvantage to new guilds made up of experienced players, they'll be a minority that's affected.

darklymocai

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 7:39 pm

clarity

First of all let me start by saying that I believe it is my guild that has been villanized in these posts. Let me clear the air. Our Guild Master was quite busy with real life and was unable to initiate GVG frequently. We had requested that Aeria allow us to change the current GM and were informed that this was unavailable at this time. Brawling is a significant part of the game and thus we had to form a new guild.

As with any guild we start fresh at guild levels. It is unfortunate that there are new guilds with low level players that we must brawl to get back to our previous level. We haven’t any choice in the matter. Our ultimate goal is not farming of wing sprites and harpies. We have faced the larger guilds and were defeated. This simply inspired us to work harder and build our cards so that we could compete. Unfortunately the same inspired you to tears. Might I add that you are actually higher ranked than anyone in my guild and we were brawling you, not you lower lever underlings.

Now that that is done, let us get to the root of the problem. Not one person in my guild has broken any rules or committed an immoral act. We are bound by the structure with in the game and we are playing it. This is a game after all and like it or not some will win and some will lose.

I am quite contented with my life and do not have the aforementioned issues with self esteem. However, I am sorry that you sir or madam do seem to. It is as result of people like you that mediocrity is rampant in the world. Children’s sporting events no longer keep score. A grade of 60 is now sufficient to graduate. We have bred a generation of overly sensitive insipid debutant and they have elected you their leader.

So Buck up butter cup, the future is nye. Perhaps Aeria will buckle to the plights of a tearful and woeful few. However, as you guild main page reads, you really needn’t worry because you are abstaining from brawls which I presume is to wait till we pass your level. Your inability to win brawls also means it will take you some time to catch up for you lack of brawl points.

I digress. THIS IS A GAME. I’ll repeat. THIS IS A GAME. So without further adieu, we shall see you on the Seas.