itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 11:20 am

GvG Abusers

Requesting the view of a GM, because this is serious.
Note: All screenshots are censored

It has come to my attention that some people are being plain unfair when it comes to playing this game. Such an action is reflected by the abuse of the guild brawl system, for the multiple collection of the card "Wind Sprite Humita", which can be used to enhance other cards.

Just now, I have brawled against a "Level 3 Guild", consisting of active level 40+ players. While it may seem as if there's really no problem with this, one must look carefully (sarcasm) at the following screenshots.

The guild's status.

I got spammed the living daylights out of me

As shown, these players are disgusting: they have collected themselves into a "new guild" to terrorize newbie guilds for their own advantage. I have been attacked over 30 times in a single brawl by several members, and this form of strategy is getting ridiculous, low-down, and unfair.

This is my sincere request towards the management staff to change the system of guild brawls; it is completely unfair for newer players, who cannot do anything but become victims for these terrorists, who only care for their own growth. Please note: I name these players "Terrorists" repeatedly, because it is that serious.

Towards players who comment that I need better defense, I ask you to shut the Hard up, because I am already in the process of trying to do so; We are a Level 2 guild and we are rightfully represented as such. This guild, who has "earned" 30,000 in a single brawl, is not a correct representation of a "Level 3 guild".

Why is this such a big deal? When this guild rises to a certain point in power, they will simply disband their guild and form another one; to repeat the terrorist actions all over again. These cowards hate to lose and will not face against a stronger guild, while making the excuse, "We are saving our jugs".

My suggestion is to make this form of action implausible; restriction that leaving a guild makes the player unable to create or join another guild for 1 month. I realize this penalty is harsh, but it will protect every single player from terrorists; except for the terrorists themselves.
Advertisement

locnite

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 1:55 pm

GvG

Abuse! Harassment!
I had a similar issue. In one of the recently brawls, one of my guild members were repeatedly attack over 100 times by an opponent within an hour. My guild member, he or she is about 10 level below the person that attacked. The opponent guild had already racked up over 100K brawl point. There wasn't any way for my guild to win. There wasn't any need to go overboard. I don't have a screen shot of it. My guild member has email Aeria. This is harassment! Cyber bullying!

A player was picked on because they were low level and brutally attacked. Aeria needs to set a limit on how much you can attack a single player per brawl. Or find a solution.

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 29, 2013 4:51 pm
No offense itsjoyjason, but I found this in one of your other Forum Posts:
itsjoyjason wrote:
...because recently, a lot of high leveled players have been hopping around guilds in order to farm Humitas (I'm one of them, I'll admit,...  

Now I honestly don't understand why you complain about someone's tactics while you're doing the EXACT same thing. It just doesn't make sense to me, other than that this guy is stronger than you and picks on you because you're also the highest leveled member in your Guild. Which, to be perfectly honest, was your own choice.

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 5:45 pm
Rosstein wrote:
No offense itsjoyjason, but I found this in one of your other Forum Posts:
itsjoyjason wrote:
...because recently, a lot of high leveled players have been hopping around guilds in order to farm Humitas (I'm one of them, I'll admit,...  

Now I honestly don't understand why you complain about someone's tactics while you're doing the EXACT same thing. It just doesn't make sense to me, other than that this guy is stronger than you and picks on you because you're also the highest leveled member in your Guild. Which, to be perfectly honest, was your own choice.  

No offense taken, Rosstein.

My point here was that they were crossing the limits to what is okay and what is not.
In my case, we started a new guild because the original leader wanted me to be the leader, since there was more members in my own time zone (and thus is more convenient for members).

In our guild, it just happens that my defense and level is higher than everyone else's (28k compared to about 10k). I understand that I would be naturally targetted by the majority of the players, but what really annoys me is that people actually take advantage of "newbies" in order to fulfill their own goals, which is to farm humitas.

When I first started this game, I was crushed so easily, that I reminiscence now and laugh at myself. However, I slowly went up the ranks by occasionally purchasing gold/participating in events/gaining knowledge and experience, and now I can stand proudly in any of the higher leveled guilds.

Instead, however, I decided to take newbies under my wing, because I know how frustrating it can be to lose, even if it's just a game. I share my knowledge with them, help them get a slight headstart with the GvG, and provide an 8.8k card for assistance when they need it. My proof of this? If I encounter a guild that I can clearly tell are inexperienced with the game system, I attack once and leave the brawl for how it turns out; no matter what the conditions are. I let the members of my guild do all the work for the win, and I just watch.

Call me an altruistic b*stard, and I would agree with you. Doing this is a lot better than formulating a group of members to blaze through newbies and make them (the newbies) want to simply leave the game.

As I've stated in the suggestion thread, I think this game has potential; unlike the reviews you would see if you typed in "Pirate Maidens Review" on Google. It's up to the regular players like you or the guild members above to create a warm community, or drive away others.

Now it seems like I'm ranting, so I'll get to the point. I expect to be attacked; a lot. However, I also expect the community to be reasonable enough, to know the limits when you're "enjoying the game" against when you are "degrading others' self-esteem" or "raising your own e-penor".

Solution? Make a limit to how many times a member can be attacked, as locnite suggested.
It pains me so much to see that if you have a decent team and 5000 jugs, you can win against even the highest leveled players in terms of brawl points in a guild brawl.

tl;dr.
I'm trying to help new players, they (my opponents) are trying to take advantage of them. I could very well gather up 4 of my Level 50+ friends into a level 1 guild and terrorize the GvG in the lower ranks, but I believe I've stated why I don't do that.

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:46 pm

people actually take advantage of "newbies" in order to fulfill their own goals, which is to farm humitas.  

Some people are just too lazy to cook their own steamed corn cakes - what can one do?

The behavior we're seeing here is what's known as "ganking" or "newbie nuking" among the MMO community and it's an unfortunate part of life in any game which features PvP combat.

Now before anyone flips their Bick to start flaming that I'm for it, allow me to note that I don't condone it and would pledge my eternal devotion to any game that could stop it.

Sadly, no game out there has the will/ability to stop it, mainly due to the fact that the type of players who do this thing are the same type that are willing to drop a month's rent on buying cards, potions and other things to boost their ability to succeed in the game (put your Zippos away - I didn't say everyone who buys gold is a ganker), but also because most solutions to stop it would adversely affect the game in other ways.

One question though - why make so many kills?

After all, only the top three ranked players get the card - you don't get a bonus card for every 50 kills or anything - it doesn't matter whether you scored 10 kills or 100 in a guild war, you only get one card.

Since you say that these people are disbanding and forming a new guild after a period then the high number of kills doesn't help them since their contribution to the new guild starts at zero when they reform.

So why waste cups and jugs grinding people into dust?

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 11:02 pm
demona01 wrote:

people actually take advantage of "newbies" in order to fulfill their own goals, which is to farm humitas.  

Some people are just too lazy to cook their own steamed corn cakes - what can one do?

The behavior we're seeing here is what's known as "ganking" or "newbie nuking" among the MMO community and it's an unfortunate part of life in any game which features PvP combat.

Now before anyone flips their Bick to start flaming that I'm for it, allow me to note that I don't condone it and would pledge my eternal devotion to any game that could stop it.

Sadly, no game out there has the will/ability to stop it, mainly due to the fact that the type of players who do this thing are the same type that are willing to drop a month's rent on buying cards, potions and other things to boost their ability to succeed in the game (put your Zippos away - I didn't say everyone who buys gold is a ganker), but also because most solutions to stop it would adversely affect the game in other ways.

One question though - why make so many kills?

After all, only the top three ranked players get the card - you don't get a bonus card for every 50 kills or anything - it doesn't matter whether you scored 10 kills or 100 in a guild war, you only get one card.

Since you say that these people are disbanding and forming a new guild after a period then the high number of kills doesn't help them since their contribution to the new guild starts at zero when they reform.

So why waste cups and jugs grinding people into dust?  

Props to you for making me lol. I needed that, to cool my head a little.

I understand that this form of activity cannot be stopped without some form of inconvenience for the rest of us. This is an MMO, and it's pretty much a given that some people will try to take advantage of it. (Because they mostly feel worthless in real life, and want some way to feel "special" somewhere)

As for your question, that would be because the Ranks 1~4 had very similar BP range. I was rank 4 with about 6500 BP for that match, and one more win just brought me up to what you see above.

What gets reset for "quitting a guild" is brawl points; not your brawl wins and losses. This means that those 30+ losses I have up there is permanent, no matter if I leave my guild or they leave theirs.

Let me remind you that these players do not give two pieces of crap for their brawl points; there's really no reward for getting high brawl points: they just want their Humita farm.

Reason why they went overboard with their kills? I can only guess, but the prevalent suggestion would be that they are a group of people with low self-esteem and wish to gain some form of superiority over other individuals (primarily the newbies) in order to fulfill their own greed of false identity. (This hypothesis corresponds with their desire to overwhelm newbies without any guilt to enhance their own pirates as an effort to become superior)

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedMar 29, 2013 11:28 pm
To be honest, I've hit people multiple times on many occasions, albeit not low level players as my guild never comes into contact with them in gvg. I do it to build up my BP, propel my guild forward and earn some pence for enhancements. Or to create consequence for those farming our lower level members. Humitas aren't terribly useful to me as I'm such an old player. I've also accumulated a few hundred losses as they have absolutely zero impact on the game, so they don't matter to me.

Because there is a battle royale event going on, yes people are going to hit others a lot, and repeatedly, for a chance to win the card. It's to be expected. They likely made that guild in order to compete in the event.

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 5:22 am
I've only ran into this 2x so far. We still managed to win one because about 30 min into the brawl a decently strong player joined us and racked up about 6k BP in a matter of minutes.

Seems my guild has a nice mix of new and old.

What worries me is if these guilds are trying to manipulate the system. Weve faced the same guild 4 times today and only get 1 attack from 1 member each time. Granted we win every time could they be trying to que up against themselves with alts to farm?

Posted By Aeria Mobile

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedMar 30, 2013 10:45 am
While that could be a possibility, the odds of running into a certain guild in the lower levels is astronomically low. they're likely constantly re-queuing as your guild is, and are similar in rank resulting in you running in to them so much.

GM_Zoser

GameMaster: USA
GM_Zoser
PostedMar 30, 2013 10:54 am
We are constantly looking at new ways to improve the game, and make it more fun/fair to all players.

We will take your screenshot and suggestion into account, regarding the addition of new/changed content.

Thank you.

GM Zoser