icemophete

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedMar 29, 2013 11:48 pm
Mehrvigne wrote:
LOL Piri, if I got paid to suck up, I'd... well... be sucking up. But I don't suck XD. And I don't get paid. If I did, well, I'm still waiting on that supposed fat paycheck that doesn't exist. *goes back to combing Walmart's parking lot for dropped spare change*  

How is getting an AP Stippend not getting paid.. Its well known you get paid ap for being a GS... You look at the Feedback Thread 9/10 of those 4 and 5s are GS's or Wanna Be GS with the occastional Noob that doesnt know any better.... You do have it hard with GM/PMs basically shutting the door on ya from what it used to be in previous adminstratives... But you do get paid to make aeria look good...
Advertisement

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:24 am
Mehrvigne wrote:
It seems they check out usual office hours but man, last night it was like 1:30 AM for them and they were still trooping it out. :/

It's not their fault Nexon sends them wonky data. Think of it like this:

Nexon is the Honda manufacturer. AGE is the sales guy trying to sell you this latest and greatest model. AGE has no clue what the manufacturers are putting together overseas. They just know "this is what the customers whant. Make it so we can sell it!" So they do.

People buy the cars and everything's happy, until one day...

"OMG! Why does my car have a burning smell to it every time I turn on the headlights? OMG!!! THERE'S SMOKE COMING OUT OF MY STEERING WHEEL!!!" (bugs and glitches)

Notice goes out that there was a faulty part installed in the Hondas released between XXXX date and XXXX. RECALL! (Server maintenance.) New parts are installed (new patch to fix problems) and everyone is happy again. Smile

So in short, why does everyone freak out at the sales representative when they're not the mechanics? They didn't install the faulty material. They just sold it, not knowing until people started driving. Same with grocery stores and salmonela reports. The grocery store didn't taint the food they sold. It came from the farm that way.

Thanks GMs. Smile

(btw, this was a true story from my sister's Honda Pilot. lol)  

Okay, but there are a few creases in this analogy.

1/ Before a car dealership sells a new car to a customer they typically make some checks that the car is delivered in the right state and to the customers spec. I.e. they test what they deliver to their customers.
2/ If the car manufacturer that they take vehicles from repeatedly sent them over duds then they'd push back on the manufacturer to get their act together.
3/ If improvements didn't come then a reputable dealer would like look to switch franchise and move to a manufacturer that could deliver vehicles that meet the customers demand.

I think in the case of Shaiya a more accurate anology is that AGE are operating a back-street, second hand motors business run on a shoe-string. All that they care for is making money and that means doing the absolute minimum in getting the cars that they sell ready for the customer.

TarGet129

Rank 2
TarGet129
PostedMar 30, 2013 5:26 am
well .. the way i see it is that Nexon sends the content already tested and working very fine to AGE ... but AGE thinks money.. and only money so they take that content and modify it to what serves their purpose .. every time there is a new content to be released AGE put their mark on and ruin it and keep testing on us till its fixed to how they want it to be and to how it serves their purpose * money *

zZeroHourr

Rank 4
zZeroHourr
PostedMar 30, 2013 5:41 am
A small word. No patch will ever be perfect, it's impossible...They are writing millions of code snippets, they can only be sure that the basics of the code are working. The rest of the testing is when the patch is released.

Now i don't really care whether "The People" bash Nexon or GM's because i frankly don't care about them but for crying out loud people, every time they launch a patch and it's bugged you guys cry like there will be no tomorrow for the sun to rise.

If you guys would actually culture yourself even for a little bit you would go learn about programming and know that no programmer(s) can patch out a perfect code. The only way to test the whole program is by launching the patch and wait for the feedback of the consumers.

Now cut down the meaningless QQing because trust me, AGE are only paying attention for the feedback to fix the bugs other than that they are ignoring your bashing, QQing, nagging, etc...

You are not enjoying the game anymore? How about you take a week vacation from the game until they release a new patch fixing the bugs?

Haters Make Me Famous

zZeroHourr

Rank 4
zZeroHourr
PostedMar 30, 2013 5:42 am
TarGet129 wrote:
well .. the way i see it is that Nexon sends the content already tested and working very fine to AGE ... but AGE thinks money.. and only money so they take that content and modify it to what serves their purpose .. every time there is a new content to be released AGE put their mark on and ruin it and keep testing on us till its fixed to how they want it to be and to how it serves their purpose * money *  

Nexon can't test it. Launching the patch to us is the Testing procedure.

Haters Make Me Famous

TarGet129

Rank 2
TarGet129
PostedMar 30, 2013 6:26 am
zZeroHourr wrote:
TarGet129 wrote:

im sure Nexon has their own servers to test their products on .. you cant posibley think that they just writing codes like * lkjhrklqlnre qwlkjel kqwlkehjqnwme nlowhekl qlwkh * and giving it to AGE to test on us =d its a huge company im sure they got their own world to test their products on before giving it to the customers * AGE *

zZeroHourr

Rank 4
zZeroHourr
PostedMar 30, 2013 6:37 am
TarGet129 wrote:
zZeroHourr wrote:
TarGet129 wrote:

im sure Nexon has their own servers to test their products on .. you cant posibley think that they just writing codes like * lkjhrklqlnre qwlkjel kqwlkehjqnwme nlowhekl qlwkh * and giving it to AGE to test on us =d its a huge company im sure they got their own world to test their products on before giving it to the customers * AGE *  

Reread what i said. Even if they have their own Lala land, they can not test their products perfectly. This is not a car manufacturer nor a grocery store. Game can not be tested perfectly until they are launched. Please don't argue because you clearly have no idea about programming games.

Haters Make Me Famous

ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
PostedMar 30, 2013 7:25 am
Mehrvigne wrote:
In other words (which ya'll missed the point I'm trying to make) is it's not the GMs fault. If you're really upset with the game, contact Nexon. They're the ones sending AGE the mucked up programming. All AGE does is make it available for us to play it (because Nexon is probably too embarrassed to host these many mess ups directly...) Everybody's chewing out the GMs and saying it's their faults when they weren't the ones that made the patches.

Instead, they're the ones that are taking the brunt for someone else's screw ups. And I'm sure this thread was just meant as a light-hearted way for the players who DO appreciate what the GMs are trying to do to help us get our game back up and running to say so. But, *sigh* I guess some people are bent on attacking the wrong limb. Go for it, if you must, but you won't get anywhere doing so.

Remember: AGE can only give us what Nexon gives them. I'll star it out since it'll get edited anyway, but there a saying that goes, "You can't make SOUP out of ****." So when Nexon's patches come over as... that... don't expect soup, till AGE sends it back to the kitchen and Nexon gives them the soup they ordered to bring to us. Smile  

Its the GM/PM teams fault for making it so expensive to compete
Its the GM/PM teams fault for lack of communication with there customers (remember PM Tactics anyone ?)
Its the GM/PM teams fault for derailing threads with nonsense for damage limitation and manipulation.
Its the GM/PM teams fault why the monthly feedback is the worst for ANY games company.
Its the GM/PM teams fault for only listening to monetary feedback ideas to cash in on a quick buck rather then listen to WORKING feedback.
Its the GM/PM teams fault why the points I have just listed is there fault.
Time to stop kissing butt, its there own fault why there own company does so bad and has such a bad reputation.

Olaf1989

Rank 1
PostedMar 30, 2013 8:42 am
zZeroHourr wrote:
TarGet129 wrote:
zZeroHourr wrote:
TarGet129 wrote:

Reread what i said. Even if they have their own Lala land, they can not test their products perfectly. This is not a car manufacturer nor a grocery store. Game can not be tested perfectly until they are launched. Please don't argue because you clearly have no idea about programming games.  

AGE MUST consider creating (not gonna happen) PTS or PTR (Public Test servers & Public Test Realms). So some randomly chosen players + GS team (only those who pvp) can test new patches properly BEFORE patching the OS.

zZeroHourr

Rank 4
zZeroHourr
PostedMar 30, 2013 8:47 am
Olaf1989 wrote:
zZeroHourr wrote:
TarGet129 wrote:
zZeroHourr wrote:
TarGet129 wrote:

AGE MUST consider creating (not gonna happen) PTS or PTR (Public Test servers & Public Test Realms). So some randomly chosen players + GS team (only those who pvp) can test new patches properly BEFORE patching the OS.  

True, but that would cost them alot and i don't think they are going to do so with a dying a game.

Haters Make Me Famous