filtereyeblind

Rank 2
filtereyeblind
PostedMar 29, 2013 6:44 am

GM Appreciation Thread

thank you!
Thank you for your hard work here in Shaiya land, would you like a cup of tea?

Advertisement

Mehrvigne

GameSage: Shaiya
Mehrvigne
PostedMar 29, 2013 5:18 pm
It seems they check out usual office hours but man, last night it was like 1:30 AM for them and they were still trooping it out. :/

It's not their fault Nexon sends them wonky data. Think of it like this:

Nexon is the Honda manufacturer. AGE is the sales guy trying to sell you this latest and greatest model. AGE has no clue what the manufacturers are putting together overseas. They just know "this is what the customers whant. Make it so we can sell it!" So they do.

People buy the cars and everything's happy, until one day...

"OMG! Why does my car have a burning smell to it every time I turn on the headlights? OMG!!! THERE'S SMOKE COMING OUT OF MY STEERING WHEEL!!!" (bugs and glitches)

Notice goes out that there was a faulty part installed in the Hondas released between XXXX date and XXXX. RECALL! (Server maintenance.) New parts are installed (new patch to fix problems) and everyone is happy again. Smile

So in short, why does everyone freak out at the sales representative when they're not the mechanics? They didn't install the faulty material. They just sold it, not knowing until people started driving. Same with grocery stores and salmonela reports. The grocery store didn't taint the food they sold. It came from the farm that way.

Thanks GMs. Smile

(btw, this was a true story from my sister's Honda Pilot. lol)

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedMar 29, 2013 7:47 pm
I don't get the constant emotional blackmail some players keep using to try to make GMs look like a friend. We get it, humans make mistakes, we know, but huge mistakes have huge consequences too. That's all.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

Sin.Paz

Rank 0
Sin.Paz
PostedMar 29, 2013 7:50 pm
Alastoreo wrote:
I don't get the constant emotional blackmail some players keep using to try to make GMs look like a friend. We get it, humans make mistakes, we know, but huge mistakes have huge consequences too. That's all.  

+1

Mehrvigne

Mehrvigne
PostedMar 29, 2013 7:58 pm
In other words (which ya'll missed the point I'm trying to make) is it's not the GMs fault. If you're really upset with the game, contact Nexon. They're the ones sending AGE the mucked up programming. All AGE does is make it available for us to play it (because Nexon is probably too embarrassed to host these many mess ups directly...) Everybody's chewing out the GMs and saying it's their faults when they weren't the ones that made the patches.

Instead, they're the ones that are taking the brunt for someone else's screw ups. And I'm sure this thread was just meant as a light-hearted way for the players who DO appreciate what the GMs are trying to do to help us get our game back up and running to say so. But, *sigh* I guess some people are bent on attacking the wrong limb. Go for it, if you must, but you won't get anywhere doing so.

Remember: AGE can only give us what Nexon gives them. I'll star it out since it'll get edited anyway, but there a saying that goes, "You can't make SOUP out of ****." So when Nexon's patches come over as... that... don't expect soup, till AGE sends it back to the kitchen and Nexon gives them the soup they ordered to bring to us. Smile

Olaf1989

Rank 1
PostedMar 29, 2013 8:06 pm
Mehrvigne wrote:

Remember: AGE can only give us what Nexon gives them.  

Not true, devs create the content, AGE decides what will be sold via AP and what not. At least this is what we have been told.

I can agree glitches , bugs are NOT AGE fault, anything else...well , you are the GS , not me ...

crayyzzwarior

Rank 3
crayyzzwarior
PostedMar 29, 2013 8:10 pm   Last edited by crayyzzwarior on Mar 31, 2013 7:13 pm. Edited 1 time in total

good luck ""

thanks for the hard work
i appriciate the hard work gms are putting in i hope you guys fix it all Smile and * gives cupp of coffe ** now get back to fixing our game Very Happy

^^ i take all of that back the game is unplayable ..

xzz1

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 8:44 pm
The sales guy is always trying to sell things they dont even know what they are

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedMar 29, 2013 9:14 pm
Mehrvigne wrote:
In other words (which ya'll missed the point I'm trying to make) is it's not the GMs fault. If you're really upset with the game, contact Nexon. They're the ones sending AGE the mucked up programming. All AGE does is make it available for us to play it (because Nexon is probably too embarrassed to host these many mess ups directly...) Everybody's chewing out the GMs and saying it's their faults when they weren't the ones that made the patches.

Instead, they're the ones that are taking the brunt for someone else's screw ups. And I'm sure this thread was just meant as a light-hearted way for the players who DO appreciate what the GMs are trying to do to help us get our game back up and running to say so. But, *sigh* I guess some people are bent on attacking the wrong limb. Go for it, if you must, but you won't get anywhere doing so.

Remember: AGE can only give us what Nexon gives them. I'll star it out since it'll get edited anyway, but there a saying that goes, "You can't make SOUP out of ****." So when Nexon's patches come over as... that... don't expect soup, till AGE sends it back to the kitchen and Nexon gives them the soup they ordered to bring to us. Smile  
While I would agree they do not create the patches... they could test them as they did in the past, and when they see something like the effects of this patch contact nexon prior to implementing such a patch and inform them that this patch is not functional for the game and needs repair before it is forced upon their players, and withhold the patch till it is a usable patch. It is not the GMs themselves who should be making that type of call, but these things should be tested, and someone at AGE should be making that call when there is an issue that makes such a huge impact on the game. They are not forced to implement bug ridden patches that do nothing but destroy the enjoyment and drive players away from the games they host.

*smiles* I do give full kudos to the GMs who do their best to manage dealing with the customers after the people who are making the failed decisions not to test these patches, not to allow GS or gather experienced players to do a test server for these patches to find these flaws.... then leave the GMs as the faces all the angry players see to direct their fury upon... I pity the GMs who have to deal with us and I do give them full credit and they have my sympathy. I hope that some day whoever made the choice not to test these things well, and to allow this to happen and to put the GMs in this position does come up with a good solution to test the patches and prevent these issues instead of leaving the GMs to deal with a mob like this...

Mehrvigne

Mehrvigne
PostedMar 29, 2013 9:55 pm
LOL Piri, if I got paid to suck up, I'd... well... be sucking up. But I don't suck XD. And I don't get paid. If I did, well, I'm still waiting on that supposed fat paycheck that doesn't exist. *goes back to combing Walmart's parking lot for dropped spare change*