Advertisement

sparkmikomiko

Rank 0
sparkmikomiko
PostedMar 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: why are all the

limonad35 wrote:
**** anime names blocked on this game??  
In any MMO, if you're not there Hour 1 of Day 1 you can forget getting any anime or games character who are either famous or slightly famous.

The least famous ones seem to last a week or so, but over time even those are quickly taken. I got lucky on mine since it's from the not-so famous game from a famous character. And it's only not-so famous due to the lack of a English translation.

TPJ

Rank 5
TPJ
PostedMar 29, 2013 3:41 pm
i was lucky i got 2 of the most famous names in the world!!!!.......

Thomas

and wait for it!

XxThomasxX

BAM! bet u are jelly Razz

garmonna

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedMar 29, 2013 4:04 pm
For example. I logged in as soon as servers went up and reserved 5 or 6 names that I like to use in games. I hate it when my favorite names get taken. I just created alts to role in the future.

keanuryu

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 4:11 pm

humm

umffff
Why not create your anime like or nihongo based character game (^.^) !m

soniti54

Rank 0
soniti54
PostedMar 29, 2013 4:13 pm
garmonna wrote:
For example. I logged in as soon as servers went up and reserved 5 or 6 names that I like to use in games. I hate it when my favorite names get taken. I just created alts to role in the future.  

Pretty much this, I picked out all the names I would aim for soon as OB kicked off and made 1 of each character with those names, and made 1 extra to reserve for Chaser when and if he comes to us.

kittymix

Rank 3
kittymix
PostedMar 29, 2013 4:27 pm
What is needed is a system to return deleted character names back into the database.

soniti54

Rank 0
soniti54
PostedMar 29, 2013 5:02 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
first week of OB you'll see all the insanely generic and unimaginative names you see everywhere.  

I prefer to see the original insanely generic and unimaginative name than the same insanely generic and unimaginative name with a stupid number or meaningless characters tucked around it. Games that have been out for years have those everywhere and it drives me insane. Personally I love to see the freshly created originals.

Spirit_Shadows

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Spirit_Shadows
PostedMar 29, 2013 5:27 pm
I found latin names also go fairly quick as well, but not as quick as others. I spent about half an hour reserving names.

VampiricDemise

Rank 0
VampiricDemise
PostedMar 29, 2013 6:19 pm
Could be like any of the KingsIsle Games (Pirate 101/Wizard 101 anyone?) and have to use the name generator.

But on a serious note: if it's a common and/or popular name in English/Japan, there is very very low chance that it has not been taken. If you want a truly unique name, do some research! Find the Swahili equivalent of "Alice" or look into mythology of a region.

-,- I just wished I tested my character length for names. QQ having SharonNeedle instead of SharonNeedles. Just one stinkin' letter!

<p></p> <p>Eden Eternal</p> <p>Diamond Server - Ursoc ++ Sapphire Server - Khatha</p>