DazFavor

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 3:37 am

Lag

Lately I'm experiencing lots of lag during the game, and that's very anoying. I know my PC and internet is fast enough to play. Is there something I can do to solve this or is it something that has to be solved in game?
Advertisement

tohsak

Rank 0
tohsak
PostedMar 29, 2013 4:12 am
Fast internet doesn't mean lag free in term of online gaming.
Have you try to find your ping rate between you and Aeria server?

DazFavor

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 4:19 am
Can I check that in game? and what if this is too low? Other online game I can play perfectly.

tohsak

Rank 0
tohsak
PostedMar 29, 2013 4:41 am
No I don't think they have option to check ping rate ingame.

You can use command checking by press Start -> Run and type cmd.

After you get prompt, type "ping www.aeriagames.com". If your ping rate higher than 50-100 there is high chance that you got lagging gameplay (mine are 2xx).

DazFavor

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 4:54 am
Okay thanks I'll try this.

xTamibear

Rank 0
xTamibear
PostedMar 29, 2013 5:09 am
I think it's the amount of players that came out of the wood works when OB came. When i played in CB my computer handled the game just fine, just the normal small spike here n' there.
But in the OB i can't hardly play... It's super jumpy at times to where i can't move for minutes at a time. It seems for people with decent/normal computers&internet [or poor] connection, the OB became extremely laggy from the increase in players. It's as if the server can't put up with the amount that flooded in.
At least this is how i view it. And a friend of mine as well who is having the same issues with lag.
Hope some new ones are added soon to even out things, two doesn't seem to be enough.

xClutz

Rank 1
xClutz
PostedMar 29, 2013 5:39 am
Or you could try playing at a lower quality setting if you haven't already.

DazFavor

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 5:58 am
I have tried that, but that doesn't work. I will try to find out what my ping is. I hope that Tamibear says is it and Aeria will do something about that. Maybe the server of SB is just to far from my location. Or do they have an european server.

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedMar 29, 2013 6:49 am
Something that I've been trying (and works outside of BGs/Caergate) is to swap channels when the areas get too crowded. It seems to reduce the lag (or I'm kidding myself into thinking that) but at least my attacks look like they're hitting at normal speed again.

DazFavor

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 7:19 am
I also tried that, but at the time I was allready laggin, maybe when I switch before it gets busy. Who knows thanks.