Reshiger

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 1:23 am

Scarlet Blade Loading Screen

Open Beta loading screens to dungeons keep freezing
I can launch the game just fine but every time i want to go in one of the dungeons like drasilmarsh my game freezes during the loading screen and i waste a passcard. The same thing happened in the closed beta but that had a fix, all i had to do was switch the compatibility to windows 95 and it was fixed but now in the open beta i cant run Scarlet Blade with windows 95 anymore so i am at a loss... I know i have more than the minimum requirements to play this game so im not sure why i cant play the game properly...
Advertisement

BillPhoenix

Rank 0
BillPhoenix
PostedMar 29, 2013 1:26 am
this one weird bug if its true

why u need to set compatibility mode for SB.. and windows 95 mode ? lol;;;

can u tell me what O.S you use ?
i never have this problem

but stuck at loading screen might because of your internet connection
well maybe

Reshiger

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 1:36 am
My O.S. is Windows 7 32-bit.

BillPhoenix

Rank 0
BillPhoenix
PostedMar 29, 2013 1:38 am
Reshiger wrote:
My O.S. is Windows 7 32-bit.  

hope other can help u or GM / GS

i really have no idea, this should not happened and compatibility mode is 100% unnecessary

maybe u will have more luck if u post this in scarlet blade > self help > technical issues

or ask a Gm

akrstella

Rank 2
akrstella
PostedMar 29, 2013 1:39 am
My friend had the exact same problem, reinstall solved it for him (As cliche as it is). Give it a try, can't hurt. Hope you fix it.

Reshiger

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 1:42 am
I'll give it a try though i re-installed this game about 3 separate times during the closed beta...
I hope this works.

Reshiger

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 1:42 am
Thanks anyways

Reshiger

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 12:19 pm
Unfortunately re-installing the game didn't work...

nguyenk5

Rank 0
nguyenk5
PostedApr 19, 2013 9:38 pm
Reshiger wrote:

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone with this problem.
What graphics card do you have?
I've tried both Win 7 32 and 64 bit as well as Xp with my current hardware. I bought the newest gaming sound card and that also didn't fix it. Do you have windows update turn on with all the newest updates installed before you reinstalled the game?

A "no" today is not always a "no" tomorrow. -me

chronos_notashi

Rank 3
chronos_notashi
PostedApr 19, 2013 10:29 pm
nguyenk5 wrote:
Reshiger wrote:

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone with this problem.
What graphics card do you have?
I've tried both Win 7 32 and 64 bit as well as Xp with my current hardware. I bought the newest gaming sound card and that also didn't fix it. Do you have windows update turn on with all the newest updates installed before you reinstalled the game?  

Having problems with this myself. I think the problem went as far back as Closed Alpha, and we have yet to find a solution that won't be a temporary fix. Like the O.P. said, switching it to Windows 95 compatibility DID fix it for a time, but after one patch that went through before Closed Beta ended, using this method to fix the issue is now an impossibility, as the game crashes shortly after logging in. Not sure if any progress was made afterwards, but if this isn't fixed soon, I can see those having the issue leaving before Open Beta's end.

P.S. I might decide to stay and try to find an alternative method to progress, but that's not saying others will do the same, considering that, if I'm right, you won't be able to get the basic pet OR bike until you finish all of the quests for the first dungeon.

P.S.S. I just NOW noticed the date of the last post before the one I quoted. SERIOUSLY tempted to call necro-posting here.