OhOh7

Rank 0
PostedMar 28, 2013 6:18 pm

ISLANDS/SNIPPING

bushwacking players on islands
I have had many people complain about being driven off an island by overwhelming force.
We need to get the attackers ID not *** on our battle reports.
This is causing many new and not so new players to quit the game
Advertisement

lobengula

Rank 0
PostedMar 28, 2013 6:24 pm
I agree, the same way names are displayed when attacking in Corsair, islands should display the same. Snipping is driving new players away

steveadkins

Rank 0
PostedMar 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Island Sniping

Island Sniping
I suppose that there is a reason for island sniping, but it escapes me. There is no good excuse for attacking an occupied island rather than waiting a few minutes, unless of course, this who engage in this behavior are trying to drive the weaker players from the game. If that is the case, let me clue you in on the reality of the state of this game. The player base is already dangerously small and this is not a beginner friendly game under the best of circumstances. Bullying of this type will only discourage the few new players who are trying to get a start. Note to devs- Please post ID's and coords of all attackers on islands.

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedMar 29, 2013 8:35 pm
Now that I have my account back I can reply to this. The devs understand the concern and are looking into options last time I talked to them. Keep your heads up and no worries.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

lashome

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 11:58 am
IMHO the number of islands is ridiculously low and we still can’t use islands medals ...

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedMar 30, 2013 9:53 pm
The fact that there is presently no purpose in medals has been brought to the devs attention also. I'm not sure their purpose of islands, but so far seems a test of something larger.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

steveadkins

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 5:30 pm

Island Sniping

Island Sniping
I have taken the maximum number of medals every day so far. There has been no use announced for the medals. I am hoping that it won't turn out to be a ridiculous amount of medals for some inventory crowding piece of junk. Also, the drop rate for purple leaders is ridiculously low. The biggest problem with the game is the low player base, and more pointless tasks with little or no reward will not solve that problem. The server merger was a step in the right direction, but it did little to breathe life into the game. Finally, the long-term inactives should be removed from the game. They serve no real purpose.

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedApr 03, 2013 9:18 am
Good point. However it seems right now they're focusing on game abusers while trying to fix issues in between and add new features when they can.