itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 28, 2013 5:16 pm   Last edited by itsjoyjason on Mar 29, 2013 7:32 am. Edited 2 times in total

Another Brawl Points Calculation Thread

Note: BP = Brawl Points *Captain Obvious*
After playing this game (while drooling over sexy pirates) for about 2 months, I've made several observations to the brawl points system, which is a wonder to many of us. The following observations are from sole observation, and cannot be supported by any form of data, so please be lenient in criticizing anything.

In addition, I would greatly appreciate it if some of the more experienced players could support or refute any of these observations, since they've obviously had more experience than me. Thanks!

1) Brawl Points increase by 1.5x when in a 2nd or 3rd place Nation.
Kinda obvious, because the help menu flat out tells you, and there seems to be no difference of BP between being 2nd place or 3rd place.

2) More Brawl Points are earned for a 5-0 win, than a 3-2 win.
Another obvious observation by many players, just setting up two strong pirates and getting a strong assist to defeat a high leveled player is effective in some cases, but not always. It's about finding that balance.

3) The higher level the opponent, the more brawl points he will give.
I personally don't like this rule, because one of my friends is an extremely powerful brawler, but he is only level 34, while I'm 51. Level does affect how much Stat points you have, but this is barely an advantage in many situations.

4) Brawl Points DECREASE for consecutive attacks.
Let's say player A attacked player B, won 5-0 and got 1500 BP. If player A attacks player B again, player A will (even with the same cards/skills/wins), will receive a slightly lower amount of BP; about 1450. This effect is cumulative (aka, the BP you get will continuously decrease), probably in order to prevent the defending player from being overwhelmed.

5) Brawl Points INCREASE for defeating a player, who has previously defeated you.
It seems that in cases where a player is attacked multiple times without counterattack and lost all those matches, the player at hand may perform a "revenge" for a raised amount of BP. However, this "increase" seems to be limited unlike Rule 4.

6) Brawl Points earned corresponds to enemy defense.
Say you have player X with 24000 total defense, and player Y with 10000 total defense, and both players are of same level (Refer to rule 3). If you can manage a 5-0 win with both opponents with the same cards, you should definitely attack player X, since defeating him will give more brawl points.

7) *UNCONFIRMED!!!* Brawl Points INCREASE with the number of skills and combos triggered.
This is from personal observation that when I trigger a combo or skill, I tend to receive slightly more brawl points than if I did not. While this CAN relate to rule #8, it's unconfirmed anyways, so I place them in different categories.

8.) CONFIRMED! Brawl Points INCREASE with the value of your total Attack.
This observation stemmed from two attacks made towards my defense crew, which currently has about 28k defense. I have observed two attacks to my crew, and disregarding rule #7, this was the result:

Player A had 66000 Total Attack, gained 3300 BP
Player B had 47000 Total Attack, gained 1400 BP

Please realize that these numbers were obtained during a guild brawl (hence it seems a bit high), and both players received the 1.5x bonus, while attacking me for the first time. The key point is that my defense crew remained the same throughout the entire brawl, which led me to the creation of this theory.

9) *UNCONFIRMED!!!* In a guild brawl, winning against the guild master gives more brawl points than if you won against a regular member with the equivalent stats at equivalent conditions.

10) During a guild brawl, you will earn x2 the amount of brawl points than if you performed a brawl outside of it.
Thanks to TheRealShrad for reminding me about this. If you want to be your guild's master gunner, you better participate in these GvGs! Smile

Thus ends the list of theories created from pure observation. Comments, additions, and corrections are welcome and greatly appreciated.
Advertisement

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedMar 28, 2013 8:09 pm
8 is correct, though #7 kinda is just because those skills increase your atk.

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 28, 2013 9:36 pm
Thanks Gears, for confirming that for me Smile

TheRealShrad

Rank 0
TheRealShrad
PostedMar 28, 2013 11:35 pm
Can't see it listed, but bp gain increases during guild brawls. Also, I feel like skills do give a small boost in themselves, as I got 500(!) bp more in a fight I got where reesas skill activated than not. This was during a gvg, against the same opponent, with the same lineup and combos.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 7:34 am
TheRealShrad wrote:
Can't see it listed, but bp gain increases during guild brawls. Also, I feel like skills do give a small boost in themselves, as I got 500(!) bp more in a fight I got where reesas skill activated than not. This was during a gvg, against the same opponent, with the same lineup and combos.  

Thanks for your input, Real!
As for your skill raising BP, please do note that your silver Reesa, which has 7.3k attack, raises the "total value of your attack crew" by about 2.6k when her skill activates. It is hard to confirm or refute rule 7 without multiple observations of Reesa gaining attack from other bonuses, such as Bellator Combo or Dandy combo.

m472

Rank 0
m472
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:36 am
Brawl points also seem to be increased when attacking high rank players in a Guild Brawl. Yesterday, I hit a player level 69 (but rank 8 or so, with ~50k total def) and got ~4.3k BP. I then hit the rank 1 player (level 54, ~40k total def, also happened to be the guild master) and got ~5k BP per hit.

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 29, 2013 11:50 am
Some of those points are redunant, as they are based on the same concepts.

To summarize, the amount of Brawl Points earned is based on these points:

* Guild vs Guild Brawl:
When doing a GvG, your BP will be doubled.

* Nations:
The two Nations that aren't leading gain a 50% BP bonus.

* Level difference between you and the opponent:
The higher the difference, the bigger the gain. If their level is lower, the difference is negative, and thus yields less BP.

* Your Total ATK after the Brawl:
So this includes Skills and Combos. The higher your ATK, the bigger the gain.

* Your opponents Total DEF after the Brawl:
So this includes Skills and Combos. The higher their DEF, the bigger the gain. Since an opponents DEF gets weakened after getting hit (since the Cost of the DEF team often exceeds their current DEF), attacking the same opponent repeatedly yields less BP.

* How many Pirates won:
5-0 yields more BP than 3-2, even if the Total ATK is similiar.

* The amount of BP the attacked player has earned: (Unconfirmed wether this affects total BP or GvG BP only).
The higher their BP, the bigger the gain.

---
And that's about it really.