MMXU

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
MMXU
PostedMar 28, 2013 9:15 am

Sentinel PVP Builds

Anyone have any they would be kind enough to share?
Looking for a decent pvp build for a Sentinel because when it comes to skill builds, I end up wasting several resets because im never content with what I, myself thought would work out when another skill would of been a better choice. If anyone has any pvp builds that actually work out for them and do not mind sharing, I would be delighted, as well as anyone else looking for a pvp sentinel build.
Advertisement

Yuugure

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Yuugure
PostedMar 28, 2013 12:47 pm
This is the build I used in Closed beta and it worked fairly well in both PvP and PvE. Most of the skills I took were more focused to PvP though.

http://sb.reyva.com/sim/ss#ftrtvouprriptetlixpbohgdaqahtxuheaz

I can explain each skill point but it really wouldn't make much difference for PvP specifically.

The meat an potatoes:

Stupefy: is a ranged stun with a short duration, it's best used to pick off the enemy who wandered too far from their line, or to get the drop on an unsuspecting SW after you put your first few hits in and he is trying to run.

Tumbleweek Kick: is a Melee stun, and it seems silly as a Sentinel but you will ALWAYS have melee charging to you because you're one of the most squishy, if not the most on the field for them to attack. I use it when i see that Defender or SW moving out of the pack ready to pounce on me I target them and get ready to boot them in the face.

Inner Sight: This is a great skill all around. It insreaces your movement speed and allows you to find all those prowling SW's waiting for someone to stray from the pack, or to cull the weak from the pack.

Skirting Disaster: It's a quick cast buff for an increase of 1000 Evasion and VOID. I always use this when i am about to pull ahead of our line of battle into the neutral zone to pick someone off, or if I see that melee skirting around to come after me.

If you're going to spec into Detection Mastery, it's only worth the first level thus far. Level 2 only gives you an increased detection of 5 and Inner Sight gives 10 per level. I had level 3 Inner Sight and 1 point of Detection mastery in CB and saw level 29 SW's over 15 meters away.

MMXU

MMXU
PostedMar 28, 2013 6:50 pm
Yuugure wrote:
This is the build I used in Closed beta and it worked fairly well in both PvP and PvE. Most of the skills I took were more focused to PvP though.

I can explain each skill point but it really wouldn't make much difference for PvP specifically.

The meat an potatoes:

Stupefy: is a ranged stun with a short duration, it's best used to pick off the enemy who wandered too far from their line, or to get the drop on an unsuspecting SW after you put your first few hits in and he is trying to run.

Tumbleweek Kick: is a Melee stun, and it seems silly as a Sentinel but you will ALWAYS have melee charging to you because you're one of the most squishy, if not the most on the field for them to attack. I use it when i see that Defender or SW moving out of the pack ready to pounce on me I target them and get ready to boot them in the face.

Inner Sight: This is a great skill all around. It insreaces your movement speed and allows you to find all those prowling SW's waiting for someone to stray from the pack, or to cull the weak from the pack.

Skirting Disaster: It's a quick cast buff for an increase of 1000 Evasion and VOID. I always use this when i am about to pull ahead of our line of battle into the neutral zone to pick someone off, or if I see that melee skirting around to come after me.

If you're going to spec into Detection Mastery, it's only worth the first level thus far. Level 2 only gives you an increased detection of 5 and Inner Sight gives 10 per level. I had level 3 Inner Sight and 1 point of Detection mastery in CB and saw level 29 SW's over 15 meters away.  

Hmm...I was trying to avoid those two skills you mentioned with the stun ability, only because of it's terribly long cd. I found that even if you die in pvp, your skills are still in cd so I don't really see how that helps much, but, I'll give em a try anyways. Thanks for the build and feedback.

Yuugure

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Yuugure
PostedMar 28, 2013 8:22 pm
MMXU wrote:
Yuugure wrote:

The meat an potatoes:

Hmm...I was trying to avoid those two skills you mentioned with the stun ability, only because of it's terribly long cd. I found that even if you die in pvp, your skills are still in cd so I don't really see how that helps much, but, I'll give em a try anyways. Thanks for the build and feedback.  

Yeah the cool down is a bit long, but reality is when a melee class gets on top of you you really don't have any real recourse unless you have something to build a gap. The stuns to me made the class more viable because it allowed more utility/survivability in many scenario's.

Tumbleweed kick i always reserved for melee closing in on me of if i got pulled back by a Whipper before they could root me. However the ranged stun is very versatile in how it can be used. I use it in group PvP and BG's to stop a Whipper in mech form just before he has a chance to unload, to stop a medic mid cast and burst it down, and to stop enemies form escaping away. I also use it after tumbleweed kick if it's available to keep range on melee classes as most have a way to close the gap.

Keikain

Rank 3
Keikain
PostedMar 29, 2013 8:21 am
+1 for Tumbleweed Kick. That is seriously a lifesaver. Even with the long cooldown, the number of times it's given me the opportunity to break away from a nasty situation has been well worth the point cost.

tivo77

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedMar 29, 2013 8:48 am
Skirting disaster as well...It can keep you from even getting into that nasty situation Very Happy

MMXU

MMXU
PostedMar 29, 2013 9:22 am
Alright then. Thanks for all the feedback from all of you. I'll take your advice and try the build posted above along with said skills. Thanks.

Kyrion33

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 1:36 am
Typically, when I look at a sentinel, I just see attack spammers trying to compensate for low damage output. Then I look at her skills and see how amazing she can be; using a close range stun on melee targets, being able to insta-cast skirting disaster for great survivability, and a versatile ranged skill set with another stun, a void debuff, a damage output debuff, and good chakra attacks puts her as my favorite arkana.

Kyrion33

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 8:05 pm
Yuugure wrote:

The meat an potatoes:

I really like the concept of this build, and I used it as the base of my own build. I'm not quite finished with it yet, I may need to shuffle around some skill points, but here is my build :

http://sb.reyva.com/sim/ss#fzlexgftfwsrhnoqrfmaapzecbyxuyccqzp

The first thing I did was move 1 point from Inner Sight to the Detection Mastery passive, together, they will give the same detection value, while ensuring you always have at least 10, and it also reduces the SP drainage of the skill.

I only made 2 other changes so far, that being taking 1 point from Dead-Eye Aim and Rapidfire to put into Evaporate and Eagle-Eye. I like the idea of boosting crit rate and crit damage to help with the general lack of dps, and I tend to use Evaporate as my central damage dealing attack with Rapidfire and Dead-Eye Aim being backups for cooldown time.

If anyone has any suggestions on other tweaks, or if you believe I made an error when moving those points, feel free to explain why. I'm not all that great at making builds yet, so I would love your input.

yanyan031210

Rank 0
PostedApr 05, 2013 10:48 pm

my sentinel build

sentinel skills
Name: iShallReturn
LVL: 27
Class: Sentinel

Skill Build:

Get the skill tree until Gatling Storm and make it LVL 3
Hex 1
Tumbleweed 1
Stupefy 1
Inner Sight 3 (Move Speed/Range of Sight increase) Dont need to apply Detection mastery
Eagle Eye 2
Skirting Disaster 1
Evaporate 7 (I level up this skill together with Particle Burst. This is your main damage)
Particle Burst 5 (Even this skill has a long CD time, it works alot in PVP/PVE deals great damage)
Advance Damage Mastery 8

Cons:
I dont have Atomic Shot / Atomic Burst / Detection Mastery / Health Mastery
Coz i made this skill to kill the opponent easily. After you Debuff by HEX and Gatling Storm. Cast your Evaporate and Particle Burst and see your Opponent HP will decrease down to 40% some times if Critical applied you will see that the enemy HP is down to 20% so just attack them by your supporting skills like Boneshatter Rapidfire and Dead Eye.

I always on the top of Janus and Trurnpike in Andromeda. Just to check that im only lvl 27.

--------------

After i got lvl 29. im planning to reset this one. and Maxed out the Evaporate and PArticle Burst. then ill just maximize the skill on those debuff and passive skills.