michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 05, 2013 4:54 am
I agree with cassie~~

There has to be some balance between deploying Arkana as fast as possible, and screening/testing/training etc.
Deploying Arkana as fast as possible would probably result in more long term losses.
While focusing more on screening/testing/training etc. would probably result in more short term losses.

At the same time...
We should also consider commander training...
Because if we say a battle ready Arkana takes 1 year, while getting a commander ready takes 2-3 years. Then it would result in a shortage of commanders....
Of course with some commanders, having multiple Arkana solves the problem. But there's a limit to how many Arkana that one person can supervise.
And if Arkana only take ½ year to 'complete', then the balance may very well be broken and a shortage of commanders may come...(commanding 2 Arkana at the get go is maybe a bit too much....)

With that being said I find it a bit hard to see how 1 commander can supervise multiple Arkana... As it would be like playing SB on 4 computer at once, of course minus the fact that we control them...
But still if they we're on different missions, having overview of everything would be hard, and even if they were on 1 mission, they have different 'jobs' according to their archetype...

Though well.... I do happen to enjoy something such as harem stories....
And the first SB fan fic story I have in my head will pretty much end up as a harem story......
Advertisement

somsoksolet

Rank 0
somsoksolet
PostedApr 05, 2013 5:26 am
The Arkana testing phase is done. Jeane is prototype of all, she did quite well minute that ba$tard Commander of her. All the senior Arkana running around are enough for testing purport already, by now mass hatch of skimpy chicks is in order.

The Arkana with less suitable for battle? Every Arkana is suitable for battle, they manufactured that way. It's just the commander way of growing her that make her less suitable for battle, so it's not the Arkana fault if she become less suitable for battle.

That why Commander was selected by Mother AI from the best neo-human she watched over and that also why she drills Arkana about only obey Mother AI and the Commander. Just act as your Commander order, if you become less suitable for battle, it's your Commander fault, that's what basically Mother AI told her Arkana children in all those quests.

Well about shortage of Commander, they can have something like multichannel communication with separation interface modules. So the Commander would be able to talk to each girl separation at the same time, some thing like direct brain interface, they would need implant for this, not need if it's 1 on 1 connection.
Think that's not possible? After done all main and side quest at lv 28 i think it's possible in this game.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 05, 2013 5:35 am
Only got up to lvl 20 here atm......

And also completely and purely basing everything on the game is a bit too much...
As you have to consider that's a game, thereby containing elements in order to please the player and make things easier for them and the likes...
Though with the future + scifi setting... I guess we can use quite a lot of what can be found in-game...

Personally I still rather keep some kind of time period(~1 year) before an Arkana are done and ready to go out and battle.

Me: Lazy, perverted, talkative, got lots of interests, otaku.... That more or less sums me up XD.

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedApr 05, 2013 5:43 am
somso: Your take is one thing. It's not specified in the game which method is used to qualify anyone, or which method is used to contact one another. At least not yet.

Supervising Arkana using the implants, according to me, is not possible. I will once again refer back to the fact that Commanders control their Arkana's progress through the use of a set of screens and keyboards, with a comfy chair on top. This is made clear during in-game dialogue. Not my fault if you missed it.

And there are always Arkana who are less fortunate or suitable, depending on your take. Just like how everyone cannot be victors unless some become the losers. Mother doesn't refer to our Arkana by name in-game, and never does: why would she? Our Arkana doesn't have 'that special place in her eyes' unless they outperform the rest.

Saying they're all suitable is about the same as saying they're all made to win. It's a logical fallacy to begin with, therefore Mother knows it and just treats us all by calling us terms instead of names. She already cloned everyone; too much to care for so closely. Of those, too many have died against the Free Knights' transgressions.

Controlling multiple Arkana at once depends on your definition, Micheal. Commanders do not share a mind with their Arkana, and vice versa. No more and no less, Commanders only have one thing over their Arkana for real: a mentally triggered death switch, that's that. It keeps the Arkana from rebelling, and therefore listen to orders. Arkana will always have a will of their own, but that doesn't mean they can't work together. If anything, Royal Guards' lore stated that they perform well in teams than alone. Commanders 2nd Class can just trigger more death switches. Doesn't change the fact that they still need to monitor them with radio, screen and data.

gryffon011

Rank 0
gryffon011
PostedApr 05, 2013 1:08 pm
Sorry Cassie, but I have to disagree on not sharing a mind. Unfortunately, my argument will include spoilers, so all I will say is: Finish the mereholt quest line.

As far as shortages of commanders are concerned, since commanders have a similar communications implant as their Arkana, it is reasonable to assume that they are bred from the tank as commanders, with the implant being installed during the cloning process. So Mother could easily birth an equal number of Commanders and Arkana and never see a shortage. The only possible limiting factor is physical material required to make the clones. At least going by the lore provided by the game.

somsoksolet

Rank 0
somsoksolet
PostedApr 05, 2013 1:26 pm
Well, of course that's what i take after everything i saw so far, the most logical way i can think of for this kind of set up.
-------------
"...She made me as I am, perfect in every way..."
That's what she said! She just told to our face that if she is no good it's the Commander fault for not be able to grow her to be the ultimate weapon as she was design by Mother AI.

"Who'd've though... I'm actually homesick for the underground. Mother sends me here, in harm's way, while you sit and watch me prance around in skimpy outfits from the comfort of your armchair. Hardly seem fair."

As far as i saw this was only thing referent to us how Commander's stations when supervise their Arkana. I can't remember any main+side quests from lv 24 to 28 has any more referent than this. In OB my max girl right now is 25, i Print Screen every dialogs of all Main, Side even Daily quests, nothing get more than this... i have to wait for end of 29 or more to see if their would be keyboard referent mention.

The Commander is sitting on the ~ shape comfort chair, a small stool has water cup and energy bars within hand reach for maximum comfort on long operation time. For 1 on 1 supervise the Commander would not need any monitor. They would just need some thing like google glass may be something looks like Punisher lv 9 helmet, a small goggle with HUD and earpiece speaker and mic for video/audio feed from the Arkana' helmet' camera/mic for communication between them. Those headgear may use wire connection to minimum the wireless radio wave exposure/interference through out the base.

No need for cumbersome hardware like a now day PC. Just voice commands the Arkana, order her to kill this or that. Assist on targets when she's facing crow of enemies?
The headgear may have something like eyes movement tracking (or at least something like AR hand sign recognition) the commander selects the next target(s) from the real-time feed video from their Arkana' helmet camera, the selected target data would be send back to the HUD on the Arkana' helmet, so she doesn't have to chose what to hit next, she'd just hit the target which her dear Commander selected for her on the HUD. If she die, that was her Commander fault at didn't know what to order her to hit when assist her.

For multi Arkana supervise the Commanders would need somewhat a big monitor to show all the Arkana they're supervising.

That is what i vision of that referent.

Now day "we" have something nearly similar to this already minus the assist target selection by eyes movement tracking (or AR hand sign recognition) and the comfort chair on most case, of course it's military application. Don't see why the Commander and Arkana wouldn't have that.
-----------

"Although Mother's Law frowns upon mind control, we're increasingly desperate. If we don't think like them, they'll wipe us out. It's is a brutal fact of war that the edge often goes to the side that is willing to do what the other isn't."

"Mind control! Such a thing exists? Abomination.
(And don't even think about it, Commander. I know how your mind work. Controlling mutans for war is one thing, controlling an Arkana for pleasure is another. Try it and die!)"

"You're going to have to come to terms with that reality on your own time. You have an assignment. Slay the Festering Lupis' that have wandered close to Enocia and retrieve the Mind Control Chips implanted in their skulls. I plan to show you fisthand what we're dealing with."

"Your Arkana fingers the Mind Control Chip thoughtfully.
Mind control is nothing short of r4p3, I don't care what it's use for. Forcing someone to do something they otherwise wouldn't. It's like stealing their soul.
Will helping the [Faction name] do this rob me of my soul? Do i even have a soul to lose, or am I just an artificial creation, as I've so often been told?"

So may be sooner or late Mother AI may use direct control by brain interface implant.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 05, 2013 1:48 pm
Mmm good points~~~

Though first of all the: ".. She made me as I am, perfect in every way..."
Is something the Arkana says in-game.... There's no way a 'perfect being' exists(I don't believe in that and never will...)

The next thing on the other hand, is something that I agree with you, as something like a headset/google glass equivalent, would probably be used compared to a monitor.
And all of what you have described would also probably be used.
While supervising multiple Arkana would probably need a big monitor~~~

Moving on to the next issue...
Which is whether the Arkana also got some kind of brain interface implant, like the Mind Control Chips is not something that we know~~
But considering that it seems to be newly developed(after the dramatic event, 2 years before the now in-game) by the Free Knights, which they then have gone ahead and implanted into different animals...
Then I guess that older Arkana wouldn't have these implants, while newer ones may have..

Though at the same time there's a 'death switch', implanted into Arkana in order to stop them into becoming rouge Arkana.. So some kind of mind control could be possible as well~~
But I find it kinda unlikely...

I really got to play some more >.<
Only just reached 20......

somsoksolet

Rank 0
somsoksolet
PostedApr 05, 2013 2:30 pm
michaelxushi wrote:
Mmm good points~~~

Though first of all the: ".. She made me as I am, perfect in every way..."
Is something the Arkana says in-game.... There's no way a 'perfect being' exists(I don't believe in that and never will...)

Smile well, look at the Arkana skills window, if max all her skills I would call any of them perfect biological engineered killing machine at that point in time of that world. Perfect weapon with sexy sometime horny look to boost. lol

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 05, 2013 3:13 pm
Lolz i wonder if that is even going to be possible XD...
Anyways it's simply my opinion~~~

Though this topic have at the moment reached 971 view >.<
So much compared to the other in this forum..

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedApr 05, 2013 4:14 pm
gryffon011 wrote:

Sorry Cassie, but I have to disagree on not sharing a mind. Unfortunately, my argument will include spoilers, so all I will say is: Finish the mereholt quest line.

As far as shortages of commanders are concerned, since commanders have a similar communications implant as their Arkana, it is reasonable to assume that they are bred from the tank as commanders, with the implant being installed during the cloning process. So Mother could easily birth an equal number of Commanders and Arkana and never see a shortage. The only possible limiting factor is physical material required to make the clones. At least going by the lore provided by the game.

By 'sharing the mind' , I mean as in having the same thoughts, memories, decisions and instincts as if two people are the same. The implants don't do that and they shouldn't. The protagonist Arkana which we use is an impulsive beeatch, foul mouthed, authority-disregarding prone and self conscious of own beauty and individuality to boot, -completely- contrary to the lore of RG. How can such a human person become a Commander is beyond me. How -could- such an Arkana be certified for surface operations? I will write about it if I want to.

On top of all that, you seem to have disregarded that -surgery- is a possibility. I do not believe that the Ark didn't contain medical and surgical knowledge to 'hand down' with. Your theory of 'Commander hierarchy' doesn't quite work (born with implants=born to control Arkana and stuff)

somso: I think at this point we can both agree to disagree. My worldbuilding dictates that the story would have a more 'Used Future' take instead of going cliche-scifi. Though it wouldn't hurt to hear from you, I'd rather you stop arguing against my worldbuilding as if expecting to change my views. But if that's not what you intended, then I may be reading this wrong.