ckdragonck

Rank 0
ckdragonck
PostedMar 31, 2013 9:22 am
terrie_herm wrote:
I don't think michealxushi was trying to say something against that.

Commanders don't have to be inside the Ark, but they have to be inside the base, which is presumably underground. The Arkana dialogue in Mereholt states it again apart from the start game.  

1) He wasn't. He just said that he didn't know what was in the Free Knights storyline since he hadn't created an Free Knights character yet. I was letting him know that there isn't an Free Knights storyline right now to begin with.

2) Ah. Didn't notice that.
Advertisement

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedMar 31, 2013 9:34 am
Mmm ya both have pretty good points.
Though at the same time different.

And also I have ONLY played as Free Knights atm...

With that being said I guess time is very relevant in what we discussing atm.
As the difference between the Ark 'awakening' after 100 or a 1000 years, makes a very big difference, as well as how long the Ark have been 'awake'...

But yea the Ark is really big, and no matter how you look at it the construction of the Ark must have taken an incredible long time, as I doubt that they could have employed a big work force.
Though well going from what we discussed before, at that point of time(2020-2025 I guess) they should have quite the amount of machines to work for them.
But this also add the problem of how they could even conceal this great working and construction from the Narak...

Ps. Two things..
1. I guess we should maybe try summarize everything from when I joined this topic till now to try gain a better overview.
2. We should decide whether to base our assumptions and conclusions about land, space, area etc. from the in-game world or from official artwork...

ckdragonck

Rank 0
ckdragonck
PostedMar 31, 2013 10:40 am
michaelxushi wrote:
And also I have ONLY played as Free Knights atm...

Though well going from what we discussed before, at that point of time(2020-2025 I guess) they should have quite the amount of machines to work for them.  

1) Oh, I misinterpreted. Sorry Razz

2) That's what I'd wager. The U.S. Miliatary is already using drones in war (which I absolutely hate and thus disagree with) so why couldn't the world's nations build high-tech bots to build the Ark?

Also, the Arkana Mechs represent a mixture being current technology and a significant Physics breakthrough, so I'd wager only a couple decades from now is when the Narak invasion began.

What I'd like to see in SB or related fanfiction is the Fourth Science.

First Science - Biology, which has existed throughout human history - even if in the crudest of forms.

Second Science - Chemistry - same as above (used for medicine) but evolved with Alchemy. Chemistry then evolved Biology.

Third Science - Physics, which came about from the interaction between Chemistry and Mathematics.

Fourth Science - ??? = Will probably come from Physics and Neo Metaphysics (a focus on the use of vital energies AKA Chakra) as well as various new findings through Biology and Chemistry in this Gamma Earth (play on words), including Narak DNA / data.

I'd love to see that.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedMar 31, 2013 10:50 am
Hehe that be interesting..

But the fourth science concerning chakra, will take the direction of SB into a more fantasy direction.
Though I guess, I try to see whether I can make use of it..

ckdragonck

Rank 0
ckdragonck
PostedMar 31, 2013 10:53 am
It's not really that fictitious, as people seem to believe.

Vital energies - for the most part - cannot be sensed through the five senses. We know this. But that does not mean they aren't real.

The problem is justifying it in a scientific format. Since the Arkana's use of Chakra may lead to the ability to contain and experiment upon it, the Scientific Method can then be used to study it.

They are just as possible as the Four Fundamental Forces, which themselves cannot be directly perceived.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedMar 31, 2013 10:57 am
mm well that's true...

Though still how do you justify Chakra in a scientific format??

Ps. I just started RG but it looks like more or less the same as Free Knights.
Which is just a bad idea from liveplex side -___-
Blatantly copying it so RG and Free Knights got more or less same campaign is a very bad idea....

ckdragonck

Rank 0
ckdragonck
PostedMar 31, 2013 11:14 am
michaelxushi wrote:
mm well that's true...

Though still how do you justify Chakra in a scientific format??  

That which we call "Magic" can be integrated into Science. But first, we must understand the Four Magical Bases (Basis-plural):

1) Mediums in which to channel certain forces or desires.

2) Forces or (Vital) Energies which, when channeled through specific mediums, create certain effects.

3) Structures or Engravings like Ley Lines which direct Vital Energy flows and connect various points of interest.

4) Inscriptions like Runes which can be used as command prompts to create given effects by using certain forces/energies, often applied to mediums.

In RuneScape, these are used perfectly. There are various altars throughout that world (Gielinor) which are most likely connected by Ley Lines. Each altar has its own unique element. Rune Essence is not a metal but CAN be "mined" in certain hard to find areas. This Rune Essence can be "embedded" with an element (also gaining an inscription attributed to that element) at an altar. This elemental rune can then be used to channel vital energy (energies) which then create destructive physical effects such as a Fireball or Tsunami out of nowhere.

In this way, Magic has been fully explained by using the Four Magical Bases. You should be able to find these in whatever media happens to use magic.

Chakra does the same thing, though it does not need all four. It is a vital energy which the Arkana (as the medium) can channel to do various things: protect herself, deal more damage, unleash the elements, heal others, etc.

The Whipper's Flame Whip is a perfect example. She channels chakra into a firey form and applies it to her whip.

In this way, Magic seems very scientific and plausible, doesn't it?

Vital energies can replicate naturally physical things like fire and water. The results may be the same or simply act as physical illusions applied to reality. The research into how this works would be a great breakthrough in Science and even aid in finding the Fifth Fundamental Force.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedMar 31, 2013 11:22 am
Well I guess one can explain it like that.

Though I personally don't feel like it's enough.
It seems kinda half-baked for me...
As I personally want to know where does Chakra come from? why does chakra exist? how can it be channeled? why are Arkanas more capable of channeling & using it than humans? how can it be used? why does it create effects such as the whippers flaming whip?
And more.....

ckdragonck

Rank 0
ckdragonck
PostedMar 31, 2013 11:29 am
And THAT is why there needs to be research into it. But since the Scientific Community of today refuses to do research into such energies/forces, nothing is really done about it.

Science today is less about proving and more about disproving. That's why I have such high hopes for even an inkling of such research in SB.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedMar 31, 2013 11:39 am
I see.