michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedMar 31, 2013 4:08 am
Wow great thread.
I really have to salute you for everything.

And I more or less agree with everything you have said till now.

Ps. I plan on writing some fanfic(I hope I prevail and not end up being too lazy...).
And I personally have quite the trouble in gathering and collecting information + knowledge about this game, so is it alright if I use something that you have written, but of course not as in blatantly copying something ya wrote down word for word...
Advertisement

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedMar 31, 2013 5:26 am
Feel free~ No one says people can't have similar ideas on how a setting is conceived. I'm sure you don't and won't intend to rip me off, so feel free to partake my worldbuilding to expand yours.

Although since the creation of this thread I feel like being more scholar than a player, I still appreciate your presence and positive feedback ^^

Oh yeah, anyone interested in my worldbuilding, you can toss some questions like it's Q&A time. I know some people enjoy being spoiled, so depending on your preference, I can answer questions like what my characters will look like and such.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedMar 31, 2013 6:09 am
Hehe I see.
Anyways thanks for letting me use(not rip off) some of what you have written.

Oh and about the Q&A when do you think the Narak invasion started?
The time when the ark "revived" after 100 years and the dramatic event between RG and Free Knights.

Personally considering the sheer size, technology, investment etc into the Ark.
I say that tech wise it must be a decade or two in front of our current world, at the same time you also have to consider that it seemingly wasn't completely finished when the Narak invasion began, yet looking at the Story Thus Far on the official SB page, it seems like it was finished in just a month(look the dates in John Maynard's "diary" I guess).
Which I kind of doubt as building something like the Ark, must take a considerable number of years, as it has to be able to produce a human population enough to sustain itself(which should be a minimum of 10,000..)

Anyways personally I think the Narak invasion must have happened around the year ~2035 to ~2045, alas around 20 to 30 years from now.

Which means that the Ark "revived" around ~2135-2145.

The dramatic event that happened between the Free Knights and RG must then be some years after the "reviving" of the Ark. As it says that there was peace for some years(I guess that means around 3-7 years) but afterwards the two Arks developed into Free Knights and RG.
The dramatic event itself seems to have happened 2 years before the game now.
So I'm guessing maybe around ~15 years after the Ark "revival", thereby putting it in around the years ~2150-2160.

Please do write a response to what I think, and also write what you think yourself.

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedMar 31, 2013 6:30 am
Given how 'late' humans tend to be as a whole, the Ark would be built at around our years or a few into the future. As for how fast, it depends entirely on the skill and quantity of the workforce, since humans anticipated that they themselves would be their own death as one of the 'eventualities' Earth must face. Given that in present day real life, our technology is progressing under commercial and cold war reasons, the Narak would have to first appear around this century or the next, so not much far off from your estimates.

However, I'm saying the peace period lasted much longer before the start of this game. The 'awakening' could take another century, and it's not like there's a specific time gap between John Maynard's last report and Janice Becker's entry. Though it still doesn't change my stance that having Neo Humans and Arkana wake up around just 100 years after the nuke cleansing is a terribly bad idea, it could certainly explain how the game's environment is about many times more hospitable, like Chernobyl kind of hospitable compared to the real consquences of 21st century thermonuclear holocaust.

Given that Hamal has 'equipment' that can dispose of radioactive wastes like the one from Batrachian Summoners, I'm coining that humans have invented 'depleters', devices that can reduce toxic radiation. Such depleters could be used to make the first town in the game Enocia Glen possible, and its completion would've taken a lot of years alone.

In other words, while our thoughts on 'when the Narak appeared' seem to be similar, I think it's gotta took another 100 years for 'nature' to get back on track like in the game. And the Schism could be a thing that has happened only relatively recent, since it takes time to sour any relationship. Radicalism and extremism also takes time.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedMar 31, 2013 6:51 am
I agree with what you said..

The whole 100 years after 'awakening' really is kind of stupid considering the aftereffects of the nuke cleansing. Unless of course, as you have written, that they got something to cleanse out the toxic radiation.

But even with such kind of 'depleters' as you call them, mother nature shouldn't be able to regenerate it to the kind of 'lvl' it is in the game..
Which means that the years of peace, and even after the years of peace up to the dramatic event must have lasted for quite a while(kinda fail of me thinking this time period to be around ~15 years XP).
At the same time, as you have written, in order to create something like the first town Enocia Glen, some years of labor and construction would probably be necessary as well.
Though we don't know whether they have some kind of high tech equipment as well as tools, to help build the town, and we also have to consider that the Arkana may most likely have helped them out building it.

Though this raises another question of mine which is the resources...
Looking at it there's no way they could store so much into the Ark, unless it really got some gigantic proportions(the starting area is quite unrealistic as you pointed out...).
Which means that among the first priority after the 'awakening', must have been establishing a temporary base, and afterwards establishing a place to harvest resources(some sort of metal I guess..)
But another thing to take note of, is that this place where they harvest resources can't be too far away from the Ark, as it would result in quite the amount of problems...

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedMar 31, 2013 7:42 am
It was pointed out in the game that reclaimation efforts of the surface took away the lives of both humans and Arkana, for fighting against radiation, and against radiation-mutated wildlife. Derelict tunnel serves as a clue on how fast migration happened westbound from Ark to west of Chromia. Given the speed on how that tunnel became derelict and how much metal both factions accrued, it's safe to assume that mining had been taken to the next level using Arkana, who possess inhuman strength and all that, reducing the use of explosives and borers.

Given the above advantage, industrialization would come later after resource-piling. Just in time for the game's beginning to happen actually. Nothing like an elephant in the living room was made on that front. It's also made quite clear that Enocia being the closest to East Chromia, it's a vital region since Enocia Glen is close to a mine tunnel and has the most depletion of radiation.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedMar 31, 2013 8:09 am
DO NOTE: I'm more or less a newbie to this game... And have yet only played the Free Knights campaign....

I see...
Well that's answers the question quite easily..
Though in the meantime I have gotten some new questions(2.) >.<.

Which is:
1. Is scarlet blade based on earth?
2.(more of an inconsistency, or well unrealistic thing) How come we're can communicate with the batrachians(also possible the amphibyons?)??

1. Is scarlet blade based on earth?
Looking at the geography and the fact the world(continent) is called Chromia, instead of simply earth(North America I guess), must mean that it's another 'world' though the humanity and technology + history seems to be quite like our 'real' world.
On the other hand they could very well have gone ahead and renamed things, and in-game the world isn't really big(Free Knights from lvl 1 to 20, the place and travel, more or less seems to make a place that's smaller than the state, maybe even the city of New York city as an example.)

2. How come we're can communicate with the batrachians(also possible the amphibyons?)?
Well for us to communicate with the batrachians(also possible the amphibyons?), must mean:
They can the language the Free Knights and RG can(english(korean...) I guess). Or that the Free Knights and RG have learnt their language.
Which seems quite impossible...

Of course, we have to remember that SB is a game first of all. And that one can't make everything super realistic in a game. As it would more or less ruin the fun of the game.
As an example the number of npcs in like town Enocia Glen and the Hamal camp, is an unrealistic number, and in reality their would probably be more (neo)humans and Arkanas.
Another thing is also the spawning of monsters, which is more or less needed in a game...

Another and the last ting.
Is simply and thing that piqued my interest, which is just the Ark.
I do know we have discussed about it. But still.
In order to have a stable human population one needs actually more than 10,000s of humans I guess.
And an underground facility being capable of supporting THAT many humans....
Is quite something, as we have to consider rooms they sleep in(unless it's some kind of pod(?)..), moving around, eating etc..
And what do they actually do?
Because I don't think that EVERY last one of them are a commander...
And if we say not every one of them are commanders what are the last ones supposed to do?

Ps. feels kinda funny as we have more or less started a private conversation in a topic >.<

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedMar 31, 2013 8:29 am
Our conversation is very relevant to the topic at hand, aka my worldbuilding. Besides, the mods are OK with it. :p

1. Scarlet Blade can't be what it is if it isn't based on nuclear purged Earth. Chromia is the name the new people give to the continent they live on. Look closely on the original game map, you'll notice that it's the kind of a continent dinosaurs used to live on. Besides, with 95% of the past humanity either buried in soil or turned into nuclear dust, any buildings could very well be archaeological findings by now.

2. If the theory of apes becoming humans is loosely applied, then Batrachians and Amphibyons are frog and fish people respectively. Given that the Ark has perserved data and all that, it's the frog and fish people who learned English, not the other way around.

Last thing: I personally think that Lota saw to it that the military and ordinary people's ratio would be something like 1:5 give and take. Likewise, not every citizen under Free Knights's banner are radical evolutionist mofos. Given that number, I suspect that agriculture, industry, military training and education are handled by certain but arranged quantities of humans. That is only AFTER the cloning began and procreation saw to the birth of 2nd or 3rd generation of humans.

ckdragonck

Rank 0
ckdragonck
PostedMar 31, 2013 9:06 am
At this very moment, there is NO Free Knights storyline. The RG material transferred to Free Knights players, which made alot of them angry.

These are taken from the main website:

The Ark is much larger than the intro area portrays it to be.

The above images are odd. At first glance, the sunny image could look like a Fallout Earth; however, it does not have the rivers of poison (or toxic waste) present in other pictures. This suggests that both images are post-fallout.

The second image looks like West Enocia - because of how the satellite view could interpret the trees as all that green - during a sunrise. The trees are kind of hard to notice, though. Both pictures show Arks but the terrains are highly unique.

I'm pretty sure all humans died. Their DNA was stored and used to create Neo-Humans. That being said, Mother was all alone and went all GLaDOS for years and years - sciencing things up until she could make the Arkana and Neo-Humans.

Lastly, the RG and Free Knights both tried political bonding with the new races. This suggests a time in which they taught their language to the Elders/leaders (and probably only those).

Commanders don't have to be inside an Ark. They can be at their own homes throughout the continent. Just because the land beyond East Chromia is blocked out, that doesn't mean there isn't actually an entire land there full of Neo-Human communities. That land may also be full of resources and lack Narak and Free Knights presence. It may also hold the RG Ark.

As for the period of time between now, fallout, and the game's starting point, humans generally have a knack nowadays for making everything 1000 years later whenever SciFi and Fantasy Future are concerned.

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedMar 31, 2013 9:18 am
I think I made it quite clear that my idea will be based on RG mostly, until this game goes out of Beta, who-knows-when. And I don't think michealxushi was trying to say something against that.

All humans died is a given in order for the story to proceed. Commanders don't have to be inside the Ark, but they have to be inside the base, which is presumably underground. The Arkana dialogue in Mereholt states it again apart from the start game.