sirhelvede

Rank 0
sirhelvede
PostedApr 14, 2013 7:32 am

Lag

Lag at same hour
I get this lag, it starts at 8-9 PM and lasts for approximately two to three hours, i have been asking around, and it is happening, at this time, for GMT+1 and GMT+2 players, some gets it, but some doesnt. You might give this the cause, Bad internet connection, but i dont think thats the case, Since i personally got 100mbps, straight to my computer, Also i've been seeing, at around that hour, the server ping, tripples, within 10 minutes. I don't know what causes this, but if it in any ways, can be fixed, it would be awesome, since playing is close to impossible.

It doesnt disconnect completely, its just amazingly slow.

I am from europe, and many others i've been talking to has same problem, at that time, we are really in need of advice, or fixes, as its impossible, to play with 3 secs skill delay.

-sirhelvede

HELP, IM STUCK IN UNBEATABLE STATE!!!
Advertisement

Ph30nix

Rank 2
Ph30nix
PostedApr 14, 2013 9:48 am

Re: Lag

Lag at same hour
sirhelvede wrote:
I get this lag, it starts at 8-9 PM and lasts for approximately two to three hours, i have been asking around, and it is happening, at this time, for GMT+1 and GMT+2 players, some gets it, but some doesnt. You might give this the cause, Bad internet connection, but i dont think thats the case, Since i personally got 100mbps, straight to my computer, Also i've been seeing, at around that hour, the server ping, tripples, within 10 minutes. I don't know what causes this, but if it in any ways, can be fixed, it would be awesome, since playing is close to impossible.

I am from europe, and many others i've been talking to has same problem, at that time, we are really in need of advice, or fixes, as its impossible, to play with 3 secs skill delay.

-sirhelvede  

Depending on your ISP provbider it could be the "chocking" your connection if it is always the same time... but saying that people from Europe (and beyond) will be affected more by server lag than people in the US and Canada due to the distance, I am in the UK and get bad lag every now and then but generally it is fine

Iressa

Rank 1
Iressa
PostedApr 14, 2013 10:12 am

Lag at same hour
sirhelvede wrote:

-sirhelvede  

Im from Europe too and I experience this almost every day as well. At evening hours (usually 19-22 gmt+1 time) Im getting the Server is busy messages or the teleport error system message over and over. Plus huge delay and in game ping goes up to 17k. Yes, 17k, I have screenshots. For me it is always the worst on Sundays. Impossible to play. Normally apart from these lag hours my ping moves around 150-200ish. I usually see people on guild chat or world chat complaining about it too. I have new 40mbps connection so I dont really think it cant handle GF. Is it possible that there is a big traffic for EU players in evening hours so many of us lag? Idk how else to explain that.

Iressa 90 SL // kiwiboo 8- Saint

Ph30nix

Rank 2
Ph30nix
PostedApr 14, 2013 10:23 am

Lag at same hour
Iressa wrote:
Is it possible that there is a big traffic for EU players in evening hours so many of us lag? Idk how else to explain that.  

The servers are located in... Canada I believe (unless it has changed) so technically, around that time there could be a big influx of US players which will increase the ammount of traffic and with the distance from Europe to the US could cause EU players to lag more than the US players... but this is all theoretical. There could be other factors aswell... migth not be likely with the amount of people in the EU I have seen complain about this, including myself, but for example it could be the EU ISPs chocking around that time.

sirhelvede

Rank 0
sirhelvede
PostedApr 14, 2013 1:56 pm
This may be some basic traffic issue, but in the end, it needs to be fixed somehow, as this cant keep on.. it makes so much stuff impossible.. yeah, even sprites, is really annoying.

It really needs to be fixed, or atleast improved somehow, as this isnt really cool at all. Having such a major lag, with pretty decent Hardware, and connection.

Im Just got dcd, in guild wars... the chats worked fine, and the hp/buffs and debuffs worked fine.. but my char, and all the sorrounding vegentation and stuff, wasnt there... sometimes it loads it, but not this time.. after around 5 minutes of waiting it decides to throw me off (got it on video if it can help our case)

I really hope this can be improved. We all know, lag demotivates the feeling of playing a game.. and when its daily, its just sad.

I know, aswell as you, that it isnt easy to fix, but if there just will be looked into it, it would be awesome.

-sirhelvede

HELP, IM STUCK IN UNBEATABLE STATE!!!

Monsterme123

Rank 2
Monsterme123
PostedApr 14, 2013 6:14 pm
Yeah i get slight a bit of lag , more like delay lag , and i shouldn't .

thejcking

Rank 0
thejcking
PostedApr 15, 2013 9:36 am
Same here, from time to time there I'm getting delays. They are really random and not channel-bound, also I highly doubt it could be my internet speed as they occur both when I'm the only user at the time, as well as when there are other users of the internet in my house.

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:12 pm
The only issue seemingly is -

If it's not affecting everybody, it's either regional node issues or its user side. They can't really look into something unless a lot of people from one area are complaining. It could just be a lot of trafficking in your area, too. Especially for those that are on satellite or use a dongle.