YellowFlash12
PostedMar 29, 2013 2:51 pm
those signatures r perfect..u will b a good siggy seller
Advertisement

Choco.Bunni

Rank 0
Choco.Bunni
PostedMar 29, 2013 2:53 pm
D: you have GOTTA make a shop! I agree with randomness, other shops are just TOO fancy and...its just..too...weird and they're showoffs q.q and may I ask what program you are currently using? :3

Nanikaru

Rank 1
PostedMar 29, 2013 3:05 pm   Last edited by Nanikaru on Mar 29, 2013 9:34 pm. Edited 1 time in total
YellowFlash12 wrote:
those signatures r perfect..u will b a good siggy seller  

aw ty~:3 I wuv you people
Chocco.Bunni wrote:
D: you have GOTTA make a shop! I agree with randomness, other shops are just TOO fancy and...its just..too...weird and they're showoffs q.q and may I ask what program you are currently using? :3  

LOL seriously, I LOVEE yu guys! and I am using COrel Painter 4. Its not the kind of program you'd wanna use for making siggies, but its easy for me <3 but I don't think you should be calling them "show offs", they seem to get offended :<

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedMar 29, 2013 8:06 pm
my .02˘

Who cares if you're sigs don't have all the bells and whistles! Who cares if you're sigs don't look like they've been made by a professional graphics artist!

I don't know if you've noticed but the fancy sigs tend to get rotated, often. While the more plain ones tend to stick around a bit longer. I think that's a vote for sigs without all the bells and whistles.

and my advice is to enter every sig contest you can find in the forums. good practice making sigs and you can drum up business for your shop (if you decide to open). I think you should, personally. Very Happy

michelleurs

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
michelleurs
PostedMar 29, 2013 9:02 pm
You definitely have the basics down, now just the touch ups. Generally I suggest not even making sigs at first. Play around with the settings, the diff things they have to offer (ie., brushes, filters, gradients, layer properties). Things like that aren't always needed but it helps you understand the program you're using more and when you're making a signature, there are more things you can do to accomplish what look you're trying to go for.

Everyone has their style and that's what make em unique. I personally stick to gradients and textures and prefer simple block signatures and though some people consider that boring, I myself prefer to keep it that way.

And generally, when I make anything for anyone I always ask myself if I would use it for myself. If I wouldn't then I'd remake it until I think it's something I would want to use for myself.

Play around for a bit and see what you like and what you don't first. Signature making isn't a skill you gain overnight, so its alright to not be the greatest at first. Just keep doing what you're doing and you will do great. (:

PS. For renders with 'poor' quality and aren't wonderfully rendered, you can work on it before you put it into a signature. I set my zoom to 500% and slowly erase the parts that are not done properly myself when that is the case. Others use lasso tools etc but its good to clean it up since it makes the signature look less copy + pasted and more like there was effort put into it.

& also, I can't help but put this bit in here. Signature makers are not showoffs. We make signatures because we want to share our love for art. Giving a person positive feedback is not the same as talking down about other signature makers. We put our time and effort into the signatures and I personally do not appreciate having myself or any other signature maker called a showoff.

Nanikaru

Rank 1
PostedMar 29, 2013 9:32 pm
michelleurs wrote:
You definitely have the basics down, now just the touch ups. Generally I suggest not even making sigs at first. Play around with the settings, the diff things they have to offer (ie., brushes, filters, gradients, layer properties). Things like that aren't always needed but it helps you understand the program you're using more and when you're making a signature, there are more things you can do to accomplish what look you're trying to go for.

Everyone has their style and that's what make em unique. I personally stick to gradients and textures and prefer simple block signatures and though some people consider that boring, I myself prefer to keep it that way.

And generally, when I make anything for anyone I always ask myself if I would use it for myself. If I wouldn't then I'd remake it until I think it's something I would want to use for myself.

Play around for a bit and see what you like and what you don't first. Signature making isn't a skill you gain overnight, so its alright to not be the greatest at first. Just keep doing what you're doing and you will do great. (:

PS. For renders with 'poor' quality and aren't wonderfully rendered, you can work on it before you put it into a signature. I set my zoom to 500% and slowly erase the parts that are not done properly myself when that is the case. Others use lasso tools etc but its good to clean it up since it makes the signature look less copy + pasted and more like there was effort put into it.

& also, I can't help but put this bit in here. Signature makers are not showoffs. We make signatures because we want to share our love for art. Giving a person positive feedback is not the same as talking down about other signature makers. -snipped-  

well, I did find a way to get some touch ups, so I guess I did make it a bit better. Ty for the adv^^

Quitting aeria, baii ill miss ya guys ;.;

Nanikaru

Rank 1
PostedMar 29, 2013 9:33 pm
AriaSaitcho wrote:
my .02˘

Who cares if you're sigs don't have all the bells and whistles! Who cares if you're sigs don't look like they've been made by a professional graphics artist!

I don't know if you've noticed but the fancy sigs tend to get rotated, often. While the more plain ones tend to stick around a bit longer. I think that's a vote for sigs without all the bells and whistles.

and my advice is to enter every sig contest you can find in the forums. good practice making sigs and you can drum up business for your shop (if you decide to open). I think you should, personally. Very Happy  

LOL this is why i love you people so much so encouraging owo
Chocco_Bunni wrote:

Btw, please don't use the term "show offs" :< I think people are starting to get hurt

Synphie

Rank 0
Synphie
PostedMar 30, 2013 6:56 am
Yeah, either play around first with the settings, watch some tutorials, or just learn on your own, but practice making signatures first.

In before I had dozens of rejects before I made the nice ones of my sigs. (Note: Haven't made a sig in a long time too, so my skills have been a little bit rusty)

Once you get a little bit used to it, you should try an advanced program, like GIMP. And yeah I also recommend GIMP for a program, but any "good" image editing programs, other than Photoshop, is really nice to practice on. I tried practicing on PaintNET, it got better on it. XD

An advice for effects: Make the effects get along with the Render, a good flow in the signature, even the simple ones, make it stand out, if you know what I mean.

Nanikaru

Rank 1
PostedMar 30, 2013 12:38 pm
Synphie wrote:
Yeah, either play around first with the settings, watch some tutorials, or just learn on your own, but practice making signatures first.

In before I had dozens of rejects before I made the nice ones of my sigs. (Note: Haven't made a sig in a long time too, so my skills have been a little bit rusty)

Once you get a little bit used to it, you should try an advanced program, like GIMP. And yeah I also recommend GIMP for a program, but any "good" image editing programs, other than Photoshop, is really nice to practice on. I tried practicing on PaintNET, it got better on it. XD

An advice for effects: Make the effects get along with the Render, a good flow in the signature, even the simple ones, make it stand out, if you know what I mean.  

yup im trying to work on the effects, I chose to practice on sigs my my sig shop o3o

Quitting aeria, baii ill miss ya guys ;.;

Shion1993

Rank 0
Shion1993
PostedApr 05, 2013 12:20 am

Siggy ~

what is siggy shop anyway ?