blizkai

Rank 0
blizkai
PostedMar 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Lagging

Too lagging in Quil server in last 2 days.

If that is your wish, then I will break my heart for the sake of that wish, and I will lend you my strength. This is why I am by your side
Advertisement

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Re: Lagging

blizkai wrote:
Too lagging in Quil server in last 2 days.  

First, make sure you are running Grand Fantasia in Administrative Mode, and make sure it is allowed through your firewall and antivirus, and that you have disabled UAC (User Account Control).

Open GF, run a full scan from the launcher, and play a bit, and see if that helps.

If it doesn't, your next step would have to be to turn off other running programs (like Chrome, Akami NetSession, Skype, Pando Media Booster...etc) that run with heavy bandwith. Chrome has been known to give GF issues, while the others just sap bandwith like crazy. You'll want to really turn off what you aren't using. Unfortunately, Grand Fantasia has a lot of data loss after time. All your bandwith is really needed. Even I have fantastic internet and still disconnect because of this reason. Shut your client every 2 hours and it should prevent further data loss, and less lag and disconnecting issues.

A program like GameBooster will also help shut off unnecessary process and give you better performance overall.

If you're still having issues, update your drivers, defrag your computer, and update your computer as well. You should also uninstall anything you aren't using as well.

If after all this you're still having connectivity issues, contact your ISP to make sure that you don't have any blocks on your end. It doesn't sound like it, but it never hurts to check (and it's free).

I hope this helps you, and happy gaming.

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedMar 28, 2013 12:43 am
Actually, I've been a bit laggy since last maintenance. And a few people in Omniscient were complaining of such lag.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 28, 2013 11:39 am
minuzaki wrote:
Actually, I've been a bit laggy since last maintenance. And a few people in Omniscient were complaining of such lag.  

Then it's something up with your systems. I've not had any lag issues at all, and a lot of other people haven't either. Unless you're all from the same region or have same/similar ISP (owned/produced by the same companies), it's probably user-side.

I play both Quill and Ponchee and I've not had either lag or issues.