gigti

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Immortalis - The Game You Play.

The Problems We Face On A Daily Basis
So.. a "little" about me before we begin. Just for the purpose of this article lets say my name is Grumpy... but you can call me Bob or what ever fancy you.

I've been playing this game (Immortalis obviously) roughly 3 weeks now, i enjoy it and i'm sure most people in this forum enjoy a decent TCG right? right.. i opened up my own guild, and today we're ranked in the top 100.

So far so good, now, usually i don't do this kind of thing, Hard i never do this kind of thing, i never sit in forums, i never post anything cause i really don't care, i'm sure there are enough dedicated forum worms that complain and moan about every little thing that they dislike or would want to improve, but i'm just going to "sum it up for ya"... (ye lets call it that).

the purpose of this article is just to "let it out" just to add 1 more opinion to all the thousands out there so before i begin bashing and criticizing Immortalis and all of its many flaws and imperfections i just want to point out that I've been visiting this forum for a while now and i must say i haven't seen much responses if any at all from a dev or a community representative about issues that people point out, i might even be writing this message right now and it will just go to deaf ears (or blind eyes?) so i'm just going to "set it free" and hope for the best so here goes.

Battles:
- 5 battles a day is okey im not complaining but when 3 of them are at midnight, 3am and 6am its literally impossible to attend these.. i know the time differences effect this but isn't there a way to fix this?

- being unable to invite/kick members to/from the guild, or editing/switching decks 1 hour before a battle is really pointless and has no meaning, why not do it 10min before or 5min, what is the voodoo behind 1 hour?

- the refresh rates of battles is so slow and laggy that sometimes you cant tell if you won or lost, its like finishing a test and getting your grade in an envelope. you check the log and surprise you lost! followed by: "where did all these numbers came from".

Cards:
- According to the List of cards there are more then 1000 cards in the game, roughly 800 of these cards are completely inaccessible, there is no way of knowing which cards exist, no way of knowing even what you are looking for unless you seen it on someone else, and you can't even see the stats of the cards unless you ask a person who has it to show it to you.

- some cards have 20 times evolution before they reach max form, what is the reason behind this? what kind of person wakes up one day and says 4 is not enough lets make it 20, so then people will be more appealed to invite their friends? i think not, the only thing it does encourage is me creating 20 accounts and inviting myself.

- the leveling of cards, not only is it slow, tedious, time consuming, and has very little reward for wasting large amount of resources its also very long process just to reach a not so satisfying outcome. eg: leveling 4 same HRs to its max level to evolve into its better potential, that requires leveling it 7 times! yes 7! 4 cards each, after evolving, leveling it again at the 2nd evolution, and again at the 3rd and the 4th evolution, so that's 7 times to level 50! and that's only to get ROUGHLY 2k-3k more in its final atk/def.

- the deck. having a deck capacity of 50 (70 with challenges) is ridicules! even the 70 capacity is still not even 1/10 - one tenth of the cards in the game, why isn't there some sort of storage, that you can store your junk. cards that you aren't going to use but wish to save it cause you just want to collect them or trade or what ever, 1000 cards for a 70 slotted deck is clearly not enough.

Chat:
- why would you restrict a chat to 50 characters? or restrict a guild message to 100? what is the point of these stupid restrictions? i find myself sending 5 messages to the same person in order to complete a full, reasonable sentence. when a person or a guild refers to a third party software ('Line') in order to be satisfied with the chat is not normal, and points out a clear flaw in the game and its mechanics.

Optimization:
-Menu:
- everything concerning the menu is so cumbersome, slow pased, and clumsy. my every single click triggers a whirly-loading-thingy which kicks the impatience out of me, some of my finger presses are not even recognized, its like the menu has a mind of its own.

-Quests:
each quest has a chance to grant 3 cards, instead of making the same cards over and over and over again in all the quests why not make 1-2 completely different cards in each quest and thus increasing the amount of cards obtainable vie quests, for higher areas increasing the rarity of the cards.

-Levels:
after roughly 55-58 levels or so I've completed all the areas in the game, why isn't there a reasonable cap for levels? why is the highest possible search result shows level 200? is there no cap for guild levels either? running the same area at level 65+ with more then 6 thousand (yes that's 6000+) experience to level up when you get only 22 exp for each move, while consuming 11 stamina, so if you have about 220 stamina it will take you almost 3 and a half hours to recover completely, so that means 20 moves for 440 exp every 3 and a half hours, yep that mean i need more then 13 times the amount of stamina to reach the next level. why not grant 2 stamina each level and 1 point to party cost to addition to the 3 points that granted to you, this will increase the progress pase and will not leave you dry too early, which also encourages to play more.

-Guild:
so far at level 70ish of the guild, you get tons of useless ranks that no-one needs, instead of granting one rank here and there each few levels, why not grant 20 ranks 1 for the GM 2 officers 3 battle leaders and the rest a normal member rank, each of these with its own stats that just increases in stats when you level. eg: 5% exp/sp gain; 5% immortal gain ; 5% mp restore - all while questing in 1 rank, and each few guild levels the rank evolves, what is the point in a guild level 70 with 20 ranks of novice adventurer? seriously?

*anyway... if you read this far, i'll congratulate you. but this is no way near the full list of issues that i wish to address, this is just off the top of my head. if this thread gains some momentum we'll add some more.

Farewell for now.
Advertisement

pervddl

GameSage: Aeria Mobile
pervddl
PostedMar 26, 2013 9:02 pm
I've read all and I'll be answering some:

- According to the List of cards there are more then 1000 cards in the game, roughly 800 of these cards are completely inaccessible, there is no way of knowing which cards exist, no way of knowing even what you are looking for unless you seen it on someone else, and you can't even see the stats of the cards unless you ask a person who has it to show it to you.  

Unfortunately most if not all card games I've seen has no inside database. The only thing near that is normally the Index (Hall of Immortals in this case) and it's only completed by obtaining it. It's the SAME procedure of Pokémon's Pokédex, you know? If there was a list with all cards in-game, that would totally ruin the 'discovery' part of obtaining a card you never seen, because you'll already saw them all.

I hope this sounds plausible. But yeah, when you get better and stronger, this isn't a cool thing anymore since you are now trying to achieve the best deck.

- some cards have 20 times evolution before they reach max form, what is the reason behind this? what kind of person wakes up one day and says 4 is not enough lets make it 20, so then people will be more appealed to invite their friends? i think not, the only thing it does encourage is me creating 20 accounts and inviting myself.  

About creating accounts, it's bannable if you use some hack to do it on same device, don't do it Razz
But the 20x cards chain is mostly event cards which are given free and supposedly would be 'easy' to get. Well, if I had more than one friend invited, that was alot because they lack two of the one: No device to play or no interest in this kind of game.

- the leveling of cards, not only is it slow, tedious, time consuming, (...)  

I'm kinda lazy but I got to agree is annoying to level up. Just when 1.5x is up that is somewhat reasonable to level.

- why would you restrict a chat to 50 characters? or restrict a guild message to 100? what is the point of these stupid restrictions? i find myself sending 5 messages to the same person in order to complete a full, reasonable sentence. when a person or a guild refers to a third party software ('Line') in order to be satisfied with the chat is not normal, and points out a clear flaw in the game and its mechanics.  

the only 2 possible things I can think of are:
- Prevent Database to be as big as an elephant, thus making selects slower and consequentially, the game;
- (maybe) prevent sql injection.

- everything concerning the menu is so cumbersome, slow pased, and clumsy. my every single click triggers a whirly-loading-thingy which kicks the impatience out of me, some of my finger presses are not even recognized, its like the menu has a mind of its own.  

Immortalis isn't a native game. There's no native code running in your device. All depends of these factors:
- Your internet speed, because everything you do is sent to server and then game acts properly according to server's answer;
- Your device cpu and ram, to process the responses and code from server;
- The server itself, which can be or not a bit slower depending on the events and gvg's running at the time.

(...) running the same area at level 65+ with more then 6 thousand (yes that's 6000+) experience to level up when you get only 22 exp for each move, while consuming 11 stamina, so if you have about 220 stamina it will take you almost 3 and a half hours to recover completely, so that means 20 moves for 440 exp every 3 and a half hours, yep that mean i need more then 13 times the amount of stamina to reach the next level. (...)  

This can be a bit remedied by assigning Guild's titles to members, specially the Persistent Pioneer ones which gives increased %SP and %EXP.

- being unable to invite/kick members to/from the guild, or editing/switching decks 1 hour before a battle is really pointless and has no meaning, why not do it 10min before or 5min, what is the voodoo behind 1 hour?  

I agree should've been reduced to 10-30mins.
Maybe it's because the code for matching up needs some time to run as need to verify's atk/def for everyone and *try* match accordingly. So it's one hour to ensure server has enough time to process.

j_junior_001

Rank 0
PostedMar 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Just Take It Seriously!
I totally agreed with Bob and felling the same now.

I cannot find enjoyable in the game play anymore, especially in battles.

You know? Time diff, Poor matching, Ninjas,.. what else?

I understood that your main purpose is to do everything to get people
addicted to the game, but these made us bored instead.

andmin

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 12:40 am
Totally agree with almost all your points.

Battle times should be spread evenly throughout the day. Guilds with members not in PST are severely disadvantaged by the current timetable. Next week, for example, when my country goes out of daylight saving, there will not be a single battle during my available game time. This will suck for my guild, and I'll probably be booted because of it. Yet I am available for 9 hrs a day! Could I suggest 6 battles, every 4 hrs? Or 4 battles, every 6 hrs?

The sacrifice 1.5x bonus should be the norm - with it, sacrificing is very time expensive, but worth it in the long run. The bonus should be something more, so it's actually a bonus. All it currently does is trade off time playing for silver pieces.

Quest cards - definitely should get better cards for questing higher levels. It's pointless questing level 7, when the cards are worth the same as level 1. This makes Level 1 cards cost about 8 Stam each, Level 7 cards 44 Stam each - FOR THE SAME CARD! I know where I quest.

How many hundreds of dollars must a person spend to get decent cards? I keep seeing the same names get MR and MR after SR, yet in 4 11x conjures, I've landed a total of 4 HR and 1 SR. No MRs in sight. If this is indicative of the results, then people must be spending hundreds of dollars a day on this - so much for a 'free' game.

Which brings me to a point that wasn't raised, but was raised in-app, viz. how to make the game fairer for new players. Currently, you are trying to address the problem by gifting them an SR. Like that's gonna work. What you need to do is let them know that to be competitive, they have to spend a couple of thousand dollars buying high cards. Then spend the time in game to level them up. Then, just then, they might be competitive.

The matching, well, what can I say? There really should be a limit on how different the two teams can be. Teams outside top 100 should not be facing off against top 5 teams. It's not fair for either team. Why not set a limit of +/- 25 places? And you can't battle the same side twice in one day.

Guild ranks - I concur with the opinion above. But, GO and GM have the most important jobs, looking after the guild, but get pretty bad advantages, esp. when compared to some of the better ranks. It's nice that there's some choice, but really, people want to get the most out of the game. Some kind of rank that increases as you do would be a far better option. For example, MP restoration might go up when you do a certain amount of combo increases in battle. EXP rate for sacrifice would go up after a certain amount of sacrificing, etc. This would encourage new players to progress, rather than just sit there getting frustrated because they're going nowhere.

Further on guild ranks, how do players know when new ranks will be added? It seems very arbitrary atm.

Bump number of card slots. Ridiculous when there are so many cards available to have a maximum of 100 spots.

The other thing, which I still can't get my head around, is why a low stat C card has the same benefits as a high(er) stat C card. If I sacrifice a Cthulhu for example, I would expect that it would have more effect than sacrificing a Kobold, because its stats are a lot more. If you're going to give same level cards widely different stats, you should follow through with it. My solution would be to give all C cards the same stat total, just being different in the allocations to ATK/DEF, if you wanted to make a difference.

Why are some R cards rarer than others? There was a time when I conjured 5 Starlight Princesses in a row (not counting the Cs and UCs), yet there are many Rs that I have never seen. Other common ones are Vine and Gemini, yet they have the same 'rarity' as the other R cards. This does not make any sense at all.

Anyhow, that's enough for now. Not even going into the inadequacy of the event rewards, or changing the cards midway through (adding skills to previously unskilled cards Sad ) or letting people put Cs up for trade wanting MRs in return, the lag, letting people attack after battle has ended, ...

Cheers