marcustheguy

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 1:19 pm

I would like some help please. :)

A semi-stupid question from a noob
I just started playing, and so far the game has been really impressive in every way except 1: How in the Hard do I pick a class? I've been at this problem for over an hour, and I'm seriously about to quit the game if nobody can help me with this. I reached level 5 and got the beginner's card, did the deer-killing quest, and took the undroppable book afterwards. I hear you're supposed to pick your class from the guy who sells you skills, but he doesn't have any new options that weren't there before level 5. I'm just seriously at a loss, is my client broken?

I'm probably going to stop playing if I can't figure this out.
Advertisement

BurnedWeevil

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
BurnedWeevil
PostedMar 26, 2013 1:25 pm
HAve you talk to Babama??

marcustheguy

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 1:37 pm
Oh my gosh thank you so much. That was all I needed to do. Nothing I read online said anything about turning in the other quest for that guy first.

I definitely wasn't looking forward to rage quitting this game. The mechanics are so rock solid and user friendly. I feel like they've taken everything that works about rpg mechanics and constructed a beautiful and functional interface. Smile

Thanks again, you've saved me from feeling like I wasted a lot of time for a game I thought was broken. Smile

marcustheguy

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 1:50 pm
I spoke too soon. After talking to Babama, nothing changed. No new options are available in anyone's dialog, and when i try to click the button that moves you to your destination, it tells me that Captain Landlift isn't in the game and i can't move to him. I think my client is broken.

masterwinstonx

Rank 4
masterwinstonx
PostedMar 26, 2013 2:17 pm
Hi! So I think you just missed a quest in your log or looking at the wrong quest.
I just made a new character to do this and screenshot. So here we go.

Lvl to lvl 4.
You get this automatic quest pop up

This quest makes you go to Babama. Once you turn in this quest you get another quest.
This quest is called Choose Your Path. It asks you to lvl to lvl 5.

Lvl to lvl 5.
Now once you did that go to Muha.

Turn in this quest then gives you 4 choices to choose one of the 4 classes. Choose the one you like and good luck from there with that class and enjoy the game.

Any questions just respond. Just make sure to check your quest log and the books that appear on the right hand side of your screen, Those are automatic quests that should not be missed.

marcustheguy

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 4:24 pm
Hey thanks man, that helps me a lot. Unfortunately, after I completed all my quests, the options in your screencap aren't available to me. There were a few other bugs that I noticed that kind of lead me to believe my client is broken.

I'm really impressed with the community in this game, you guys have been really quick to help me out.
I'm going to reinstall my client and see if that helps, it really seems like something got corrupted for me.

masterwinstonx

Rank 4
masterwinstonx
PostedMar 26, 2013 5:39 pm
If by change I caught you before reinstall, reopen the client and hit Full Scan option. If not even after you freshly install I would hit the Full Scan option again anyways. It helps check the files to make sure they are all there.

Dalincan

Rank 3
Dalincan
PostedMar 26, 2013 6:16 pm
A couple of other newbie tips:

1. If you press "L", your quest log will open. You will usually see a blue "Q" button next to your quest's primary targets. For NPC's, it will auto-navigate you if they're on the same map. Mobs will show up as red dots. If you're not on the same map, and cannot auto-nav to the NPC, it should say somewhere in the quest description where the NPC is located.

2. Available quests in your level range will appear on the map as yellow book icons. Places to turn in quests will look like yellow moneybags. The only exceptions to these are the Quill Book quests, which you can get from Quill Book vendors, and (some) General Merchants, which require the book in your inventory for both taking and turning in the quests, as well as the "Grand Fantasia" book item.