Offending wimps is fun though, you gotta admit it Very Happy  

I agree

Advertisement

terminotor23

Rank 2
terminotor23
PostedMar 25, 2013 6:32 pm
GMTenRing wrote:
People may be very opinionated about these subjects. In order to prevent offending anyone I'd appreciate it if we stayed away from these topics in a public setting. I appreciate your cooperation in this matter.  

ok thanks tenring.. this goes for quoting to yea? or not?

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedMar 25, 2013 7:21 pm
Seeing how religion is a very touchy subject for everyone--especially seeing as we have people from multiple cultures on the EN version, we should respect, but not discuss our religious views for the sake of not offending our peers.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

JornAnderson

Rank 1
JornAnderson
PostedMar 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Re: just wondering about peoples view on this

please read e.e
SnowVerse wrote:
terminotor23 wrote:
OK so today GSAlice is saying quoting the bibles ok cause its a book...  

Regardless that it's a book or not, it's still discussion of Religion so lmao yeah. Don't do it. It's a no-no. I'll be frank, that's plainly Brilliant as a GS that Alice would even begin to say that it was "okay", because it's honestly not. Quoting the bible is still discussion of religion, which is against ToS. Especially since any quotes/discussions can be used to offend and start a rage war over it.

As a GS, she should honestly know better and should stray away from topics and not promote even the beginning basic discussions of the topic (in this case, would be the quoting of it). Just don't do it. At all. Quoting. Talking about it. Nothing. Just stray away from it. kk

Now, who wants a cookie?

Redundancy and self promotion. GS isn't a kick and replace job lol.

JornAnderson

Rank 1
JornAnderson
PostedMar 25, 2013 7:23 pm
minuzaki wrote:
Seeing how religion is a very touchy subject for everyone--especially seeing as we have people from multiple cultures on the EN version, we should respect, but not discuss our religious views for the sake of not offending our peers.  

Real religious people aren't allowed to be offended by that.

Monsterme123

Rank 2
Monsterme123
PostedMar 25, 2013 7:30 pm
Okay as your First admendment rights it states ''Freedom of speech'' and ''Free exercise of religion'' So in im opinion I would not be bothered by this , and if the GMs are bothered by this, then maybe they should write into their TOS, that speaking of religion is forbidden in their game , though of course they may loose players and that would be totatly bias of them. Aren't I right? Plus they should not be judgemental , and I could see if you where preaching and telling people to convert to a religion , that would be off the top , but simply Quoting shouldn't be an issuse . So you have my full support agaisnt this.

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 25, 2013 7:37 pm
Monsterme123 wrote:
Okay as your First admendment rights it states ''Freedom of speech'' and ''Free exercise of religion'' So in im opinion I would not be bothered by this , and if the GMs are bothered by this, then maybe they should write into their TOS, that speaking of religion is forbidden in their game , though of course they may loose players and that would be totatly bias of them. Aren't I right? Plus they should not be judgemental , and I could see if you where preaching and telling people to convert to a religion , that would be off the top , but simply Quoting shouldn't be an issuse . So you have my full support agaisnt this.  

That first amendment* right is given up when you sign the Terms of Service. You're in "Aeria's" rule. Furthermore, there are many different countries that are hosted in Aeria's Servers (we have players from Canada, Mexico, etc) and if you feel free to bring up their laws and by-laws about religion and freedom speech be my guest. Like I said, it is Aeria's ruling and you sign the Terms of Service stating that you are willingly giving up that right.

Keep in mind, when you play a game (that has multicultural people) this rule is more commonsense and is pretty loosely defined and can be interpreted when it comes to this. See that definition here.

Dalincan

Rank 3
Dalincan
PostedMar 25, 2013 7:39 pm
To hopefully put this to a rest:

It has been stated several times, all over the forums, that "Freedom of Speech" applies, so long as it doesn't break any of Aeria's rules. You are free to speak as you choose, however you cannot do so in a way that violate any of Aeria's policies. Once you do, you come into danger of losing your privilege of membership.

As for the topic on hand, I give you a quote:

Superman0X wrote:
2. There will be no discussion based on a national, political, religious, sexual or ethnic nature.  

Source

Also, as TenRing suggested, it's safest to remain away from such topics in public settings. Such as, the forums, public game chats, etc. Mostly because they can offend others from other countries that come to Aeria to take benefit from the services that the company offers. Just because you believe in something, doesn't mean they believe the same thing. Think about it retroactively, as well.

I think the best thing that could happen to this topic would be an immediate lock. It's gone from QQ in a direction that could turn out hazardous.

Monsterme123

Rank 2
Monsterme123
PostedMar 25, 2013 7:41 pm
Haha thats bull , im sorry , its not like he was preaching out , and getting people to Join this religion , people are so bias these days and need to suck it up.