MrEon6908

Rank 0
PostedMar 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Game will not start, does not respond or show up

I've launched the game well over a dozen times now and nothing seems to work
I've tried all the launchers in the directory folder
I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting and lauching, I've tried manual patching but nothing seems to fix this problem.

I ran specs I have a machine more then powerful enough, the program is whitelisted on my anti virus/fire wall.

So what is the deal? I've seen dozens of topics rather like this without any conclusive/helpful answers (at least in my case, not sure about others since they don't post if it worked or not)

When I open system procress and performance via windows task manager it shows Gran Fantasia there, using memory (but not CPU oddly enough) and will have MULTIPLE entries for each time I've launched it (when I first discovered the problem I had 28 intances)

I would really apprecaite a detailed answer for this because I would love to play this with my wife (She downloaded and installed no problem)

Now I've gone through and uninstalled everything (including Ignite and Akami) reinstalled without ignite, reinstalled WITH ignite and still no joy.

Please, someone help, its really starting to tick me off.
Advertisement

sIink

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
sIink
PostedMar 25, 2013 4:06 pm
Hi there, please check your inbox here on forum. ^.^

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Re: Game will not start, does not respond or show up

I've launched the game well over a dozen times now and nothing seems to work
MrEon6908 wrote:
I've tried all the launchers in the directory folder
I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting and lauching, I've tried manual patching but nothing seems to fix this problem.

I ran specs I have a machine more then powerful enough, the program is whitelisted on my anti virus/fire wall.

So what is the deal? I've seen dozens of topics rather like this without any conclusive/helpful answers (at least in my case, not sure about others since they don't post if it worked or not)

When I open system procress and performance via windows task manager it shows Gran Fantasia there, using memory (but not CPU oddly enough) and will have MULTIPLE entries for each time I've launched it (when I first discovered the problem I had 28 intances)

I would really apprecaite a detailed answer for this because I would love to play this with my wife (She downloaded and installed no problem)

Now I've gone through and uninstalled everything (including Ignite and Akami) reinstalled without ignite, reinstalled WITH ignite and still no joy.

Please, someone help, its really starting to tick me off.  

Make sure you UAC is disabled. User Account Control can be disabled by searching "User Account Control Settings" in the search bar of your start menu. Once you find it, turn it to "Never Notify". Usually when a program doesn't show up but it's running, UAC is simply to blame.

After that, reinstall GF through a mirrored site preferably found here. Then allow GF through your firewall and antivirus settings. Right click GF's launcher, and click "Run as Administrator" this should fix your problem.

MrEon6908

Rank 0
PostedMar 25, 2013 4:21 pm
Just adding this, not srue if it will help but:

I have UAC off

I have it set to run as admin

However I did have DOMO (dream of mirror online) installed (when it still exsisted) and never got rid of it (because I didn't know it was discontinued) could that be causing issues?

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 25, 2013 5:49 pm
MrEon6908 wrote:
Just adding this, not srue if it will help but:

I have UAC off

I have it set to run as admin

However I did have DOMO (dream of mirror online) installed (when it still exsisted) and never got rid of it (because I didn't know it was discontinued) could that be causing issues?  

Not that I'm aware of. DOMO is a completely different program and shouldn't interfere with any settings. I would uninstall and delete the folders anyway.

And hm. A few people have been getting that error lately. I'm not entirely sure what's been causing it either.

MrEon6908

Rank 0
PostedMar 25, 2013 9:01 pm
I uninstalled it and wiped the registry about it, scanned, scoured and probably sanitized my PC, going to try installing again in the normal fashion and see what happens. Wish me luck.

But still, any ideas what the heck is causing the error? And if Aeria games will fix it?

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 26, 2013 12:14 am
MrEon6908 wrote:
I uninstalled it and wiped the registry about it, scanned, scoured and probably sanitized my PC, going to try installing again in the normal fashion and see what happens. Wish me luck.

But still, any ideas what the heck is causing the error? And if Aeria games will fix it?  

Generally this error is user end, not Aeria end, so I severely doubt Aeria can even do anything about it :/

Discolady2

Rank 0
Discolady2
PostedApr 17, 2013 11:09 pm

well...

i kinda have a similar problem....

it says that GF patch is complete but then this message comes up every time saying that the GF
patcher isnt working properly and then the patcher closes Shocked Shocked Shocked WHAT UP WITH THAT?

Discolady2

Rank 0
Discolady2
PostedApr 17, 2013 11:17 pm

hey go to grand fantasia page in aeria games website... (happened to me) does it say= play free= or does it say =DOWNLOAD and play free= .... (if that dosent help im so sorry)